Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Bulbapedia changes itself to Rocketpedia. - Page 1

Bulbapedia changes itself to Rocketpedia.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-03-14 05:56:39
It seems that in order to celebrate the US release of Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver Bulbapedia have changed all references to Bulbapedia to 'Rocketpedia' or 'Rocketnews' etc.

On Bulbanews Rocketnews Bulbapedia have even added an article named 'EMERGENCY RADIO ANNOUNCEMENT' which bases itself on the Team Rocket invasion of the Radio Tower.

Re: Bulbapedia changes itself to Rocketpedia.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-03-17 22:10:54
They've started using banner ads so I no longer consider them a reliable Pokemon information source.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2010-03-27 16:45:04

They've started using banner ads so I no longer consider them a reliable Pokemon information source.
Havent they done that since forever? They only show up if you arent logged in.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-03-27 16:58:24
How do banner ads detract from its reliability, again? There was a vote among contributors, so it's not like these ads were forced on anyone against their will.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-03-27 23:35:59
People at school say that I shouldn't rely on sites if they have ads. Then again they also said I shouldn't be using wikis for research. (not that there's much that would be interesting about pokemon for a school paper.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-03-28 06:08:02

People at school say that I shouldn't rely on sites if they have ads. Then again they also said I shouldn't be using wikis for research. (not that there's much that would be interesting about pokemon for a school paper.

Apparantly MissingNo. has been used for sociological research for studying how players may try to canonise oddities in games, or spread their own findings. If that is true, I still can't imagine writing the words Missingno. on an exam paper, I'd probably prefer to write about the Minus World seeing as there are still a lot of people who call all Pokémon glitches "Missingno."

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-03-28 18:30:46

Apparantly MissingNo. has been used for sociological research for studying how players may try to canonise oddities in games, or spread their own findings.

MissingNo?

Why are these people looking at Bulbapedia then? *hint hint wink wink*

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-03-28 18:37:23

Apparantly MissingNo. has been used for sociological research for studying how players may try to canonise oddities in games, or spread their own findings.

MissingNo?

[me=Ketsuban]busts Adrian's jaw[/me]

It's *wink wink nudge nudge*.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2010-03-28 18:48:34

MissingNo?

Some people just love nitpicking small things like this.

*hint wink nudge hint*

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-03-30 19:18:59

MissingNo?

*hint wink nudge hint*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3_UCm1A5I

In the movie, it was *nudge nudge*.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-03-30 19:42:54

MissingNo?

*hint wink nudge hint*

You're all wrong; it's nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-03-30 22:55:33

MissingNo?

*hint wink nudge hint*

This.
Gary's got it.

Date: 2010-03-31 19:28:11
The sketch i

MissingNo?

*hint wink nudge hint*

This.
Gary's got it.

The title of the sketch is "Wink Wink Nudge Nudge".

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-03-31 21:45:53
We have to change the topic to Bulbapedia changes itself to Slowpedia guys.

Date: 2010-03-31 21:59:52

We have to change the topic to Bulbapedia changes itself to Slowpedia guys.

This

Also C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER