Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Could be gone for a week - Page 1

Could be gone for a week

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2010-03-26 01:35:47
Okay, people from I think Fujistsu are coming to collect my laptop today and it'll be gone for a week to see what's going on with it, since at the moment I haven't heard from cousin about my shitty PC, so all there's left is my parent's slow PC, but might pop on or might stay in my bedroom playing Left 4 Dead. So, if friends are wondering where I've disappeared to, it's because I have no PC and no laptop for a week, so it'll be either Monday ot Tuesday I'll be getting it back, and I hope there won't be any data loss, after all I spent six hours zipping and compressing my files (most were pretty big like my Pokemon Sprite File, my Silent Hill, Resident Evil files as they have a lot of songs), are currently on my parent's computer until I get my laptop back, and I hope they'll change the operating system, because Vista sucks. So, I'm gone for a while and hope to return as soon as I can.

Re: Could be gone for a week

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-03-26 02:16:28

Okay, people from I think Fujistsu are coming to collect my laptop today and it'll be gone for a week to see what's going on with it, since at the moment I haven't heard from cousin about my shitty PC, so all there's left is my parent's slow PC, but might pop on or might stay in my bedroom playing Left 4 Dead. So, if friends are wondering where I've disappeared to, it's because I have no PC and no laptop for a week, so it'll be either Monday ot Tuesday I'll be getting it back, and I hope there won't be any data loss, after all I spent six hours zipping and compressing my files (most were pretty big like my Pokemon Sprite File, my Silent Hill, Resident Evil files as they have a lot of songs), are currently on my parent's computer until I get my laptop back, and I hope they'll change the operating system, because Vista sucks. So, I'm gone for a while and hope to return as soon as I can.
You'llget 7
Which isn't a paintcoat

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-03-26 14:10:30

You'llget 7
Which isn't a paintcoat

Yeah, you'll probably get Windows 7, which as a whole is much better than Vista.  It's on the same level as XP even.

Date: 2010-03-26 16:49:01
I don't know what they are going to do, and I got SoulSilver today, and I can't stop playing it at the moment, and soon I'll have HeartGold, so at the moment I'm still heavily under the weather, sprite requests are on hold, and Win7 needs a lot or RAM, and if a system lacks that RAM needed to run Win7 there'll be problems, so at the moment I'm stuck with my parents computer for now.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-03-26 17:13:20

I don't know what they are going to do, and I got SoulSilver today, and I can't stop playing it at the moment, and soon I'll have HeartGold, so at the moment I'm still heavily under the weather, sprite requests are on hold, and Win7 needs a lot or RAM, and if a system lacks that RAM needed to run Win7 there'll be problems, so at the moment I'm stuck with my parents computer for now.

Both require 1 GB of RAM for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.

Date: 2010-03-26 17:35:53

Both require 1 GB of RAM for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.
And nowdays you really need that much for anything.

Date: 2010-03-26 17:55:22
Microsoft leave flaws in their systems, like they did with a patch update, and because of their mistakes there's another virus around that causes trouble, because Microsoft are careless, they never check for any flaws like they did with Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (Black screens of death).

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-03-26 19:41:56
Well, good luck, and see you when you get back.
(My advice, if you can get XP instead of 7, GET IT.)

Date: 2010-03-26 20:23:51
I can appear when my parents aren't using their computer, but hopefully things should be normal soon.

Date: 2010-03-26 22:46:19

(My advice, if you can get XP instead of 7, GET IT.
NO
XP SUCKS compared to 7, hands down
If you have a tad higher then the system requirements for 7 anyways. which most computers should have nowdays.

Date: 2010-03-26 23:14:29

NO
If you have a tad higher then the system requirements for 7 anyways. which most computers should have nowdays.

It may seem that way now, but I'm willing to bet that 7 will somehow fuck up like Vista did.

Date: 2010-03-26 23:58:00

NO

It may seem that way now, but I'm willing to bet that 7 will somehow f**k up like Vista did.
This is why"it's crap"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_windows_vista
Read it

Date: 2010-03-27 00:06:02
And your main point of all that is?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-03-27 05:25:10
Heh.
If you _need_ text with the icons on the taskbar, you can change the settings on Win7 to make it like that.
Right click on Start Menu -> click Properties
Set 'Taskbar buttons' to 'Combine when taskbar is full'
Click Apply and OK.
Instant text (but when the taskbar is full there will be no text ;))