Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Glitch City troubles or something else? - Page 1

Glitch City troubles or something else?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2010-04-07 23:19:27
Sorry if this is in the wrong area (plase move this if it it in the wrong area), but I'd like to ask what's going on? Whenever I close Firefox down (I'm on my parent's computer), and when I do I am unable to return to Glitch City for nearly a week or for four days. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this trouble or is it me? I've reset my Internet, and that hasn't made any difference, since at the moment I've gotten news from my cousin about my XP PC that's currently fucked (it won't boot), and my laptop is coming home, but either today or tomorrow, and the idiots who took my laptop haven broken my screen on purpose and have the nerve to blame my mother for their mistake. So, is it me or is it with others, since I've used everything to get here again (when I can't return to here) and they don't work, I've used Mozilla Firefox (always do), Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome, Safari, and even Opera. I closed off my Firefox about two maybe three days ago and haven't been able to get here until now (it's 5AM here at the moment) and if I shut off Firefox, I'm unable to come back so, what's going on?

Re: Glitch City troubles or something else?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-04-07 23:33:32
Because the wiki was made public, the server can barely handle the amount of people coming through. It's just GCL, not your computer.

Date: 2010-04-07 23:46:46
I only come on once a day not often as I used to be. I come on, post whatever song I got playing and that's it.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-04-07 23:51:11
I was on vacation for Easter weekend so I wasn't so frequent in restarting the server. Sorry.

It's not as easy as "Just Fix It" you know. I'm going to see if I can optimize the wiki; if this happens even more I'm taking the wiki down until something can be properly done about it.

Date: 2010-04-08 00:07:26
That's alright Adrian. I've been stuck with my parents old shit heap for a PC since my laptop was taken to be repaired but only to have my screen broken by the people who were replacing the fan.