Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

dyed my hair - Page 1

dyed my hair

Posted by: Glitch Hunter
Date: 2010-11-19 04:53:15
Just letting you guys know how proub i am of my new BLUE hair lol

Re: dyed my hair

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-11-19 20:04:22
If you're going to make a frivolous topic solely about your hair, at least have the decency to post a picture.

Date: 2010-11-22 10:11:05
Well excuse me for not being able to get a picture. geez. Sorry for being happy about my new hair.

I'm not self centred about it, but just this ONE time i decide to talk about my hair.

figured no-one would understand.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2010-11-22 14:45:40

figured no-one would understand.

i didn't know there was any sort of ambiguity to the dying of hair.

Date: 2010-11-24 08:32:16
Ok, for 10 no, 15 years i've always followed the orm. I've always did what people said and i hated myself for it, my mam always made me into her little dream doll thing and i hate it. So when i finally could, i dyed my hair and for me it's made me feel like a new person and i feel so much better about myself. So thats why i was so happy, becaue i'm not vain and i don't worry about fashion or the latest s**t, i follow my own thing and i am finally able to do that.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2010-11-26 23:12:30

becaue i'm not vain and i don't worry about fashion or the latest s**t, i follow my own thing and i am finally able to do that.

Which is in itself a form of fashion and vanity. Hello Ms. Hipster.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-11-27 16:16:41

becaue i'm not vain and i don't worry about fashion or the latest s**t, i follow my own thing and i am finally able to do that.

Which is in itself a form of fashion and vanity. Hello Ms. Hipster.

GUIEZ
I DIED MI HUR PINK
IM S0 KEWL

Hipsters are pretty legit though I mean, dude who doesnt like triangles and shit?

Date: 2010-11-30 07:11:58
…I DONT think im cool, i DONT give a shit about vanity or whatever, but, of course i wouldn't expext you all to understand.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-11-30 09:51:21

…I DONT think im cool, i DONT give a s**t about vanity or whatever, but, of course i wouldn't expext you all to understand.

Hmm, maybe we'd understand if you actually gave us context about this.  Why is this so important?  You seem to imply that it's not just the hair color that is important, but there's something else that makes this so special and deserving of its own topic; I'd love to hear it.

Date: 2010-11-30 10:06:10
Basically self confidence, but i suppose i'll just get trolled about that too.

I got bullied horribly to the point where i woke up in a&e

I dont know why i was, but the things they said nand called me etc eventually made me believe i wasn't right, i didn't look right or normal, i didnt sound, act ETC and I lost confidence in everything, but then i was allowed to dye my hair and i feel so much better about myself, i no longer wanna rip myself to shreds (12 years of bullying, rather surprised i didnt) or shit like that and i feeel better about actually going out in public and i dont feel like i'm a freak show anymore that people can call shit, hurt, laugh at etc and think I dont actually have feelings. They basically made me feel like i gelonged in a nut house, that i was a nutter, "off my block", a psycho.

So changing my hair colour, and style etc to what i like has made me feel so much better etc, refer to last paragraph.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-11-30 19:03:11
So you went out of the way to change your hair colour because of peer pressure.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2a6tljp.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-12-01 22:46:39
Could we all please cut the crap out? She wasn't peer pressured into dying her hair, she WANTED it blue because it makes her feel better.

If having blue hair makes her feel better, let her have her goddamn blue hair. I know what it feels like to not be "normal" to some extent, and I'm glad she can find recourse in this.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-12-01 22:56:09

Could we all please cut the crap out? She wasn't peer pressured into dying her hair, she WANTED it blue because it makes her feel better.

If having blue hair makes her feel better, let her have her goddamn blue hair. I know what it feels like to not be "normal" to some extent, and I'm glad she can find recourse in this.

Well put.

Date: 2010-12-02 11:01:47

THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally someone bothered to get my point.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2010-12-04 01:50:20
WOW. You guys are just as relentless as always! XP And Adrian is still keeping the peace, ha!