Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

I'm temporarily nocturnal! - Page 1

I'm temporarily nocturnal!

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-12-04 22:17:16
This basically all comes down to that I forgot my nighttime medicine two nights in a row. Today, I was in one of those mild tired/depressed states, and eventually around 4:00 PM I couldn't take it anymore, so I went to bed. I was woken up at one point to take my nighttime medicine (heh,) but just recently (well, about half an hour ago,) I woke up, and am now very awake. Problem is, there's really nothing I feel like doing right now. If I end up staying awake the whole time (or even most of it,) my sleep cycle will turn to Super Glitch, but if I don't get tired, I won't be able to help it.

Re: I'm temporarily nocturnal!

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-12-04 23:33:40
That's happened to me a few times. I've accidentally taken my morning med at night a few times and cannot sleep because it's primary side effect is insomnia.

Date: 2010-12-05 00:06:31

That's happened to me a few times. I've accidentally taken my morning med at night a few times and cannot sleep because it's primary side effect is insomnia.
It sounds like much less of a novelty and more of a nuisance for you.
I actually ended up finishing a musical composition and proceeded to think for a while about a paper due soon.
Right now though, I think I'll just force myself back to sleep, maybe after getting something to eat. I would continue my replay Apollo Justice, but am getting worried about what this might do for my sleep with finals coming up.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-12-05 06:32:16
I'd try and go back to sleep, if you haven't already. Set yourself different time intervals to wake up and your body will eventually adapt to them. Eat if you feel like eating something but of course, something not too sweet. I don't know what would help sleep but maybe you could try drinking a one or two glasses of water or so first.

Date: 2010-12-05 10:38:15

I'd try and go back to sleep, if you haven't already. Set yourself different time intervals to wake up and your body will eventually adapt to them. Eat if you feel like eating something but of course, something not too sweet. I don't know what would help sleep but maybe you could try drinking a one or two glasses of water or so first.
You should be a doctor! :D
I ended up taking some melatonin and falling asleep around 1:30. I woke up again around 7 AM, had some coffee, and am now feeling quite normal. It was fun while it lasted. I also did like having that time to contemplate Merchant of VEEEEEEEEEEEEEENICE (cookie if you get reference.)

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-12-05 12:13:24

It sounds like much less of a novelty and more of a nuisance for you.
On school days, it annoys me. But on weekends, I'm fine with it. I have a brother who stays up until like 2:00 or 3:00 AM every night.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-12-05 18:16:16
Nowadays, I'm sleeping from 7am to 2:30pm.