Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

VBA not working for Mac? - Page 1

VBA not working for Mac?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-02-18 15:38:12
I just tried to download VBA for Mac twice onto my computer, but it says PowerPC apps are no longer supported. I tried to delete the program but it just says it can't be deleted.

1. Where is a working VBA download for my mac?

EDIT: Okay, I got the program deleted, but is there a working download for VBA on Mac ANYWHERE or am I just going to have to use my PC?

Re: VBA not working for Mac?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-02-18 19:05:12
Try this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vba/files/VisualBoyAdvance/1.7.1/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.4-MacOSX.dmg.gz/download

You'll need an extracting program such as Keka to extract the gz inside of the Mac if your OS doesn't natively extract gzips.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2012-02-18 21:52:11
VBA sucks. Try Gambatte, which should work on Macs.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-02-18 22:51:37

I would have suggested VBA-M, but there's no Mac build and the source code isn't released even though it's "open source".

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2012-02-19 13:04:17

I would have suggested VBA-M, but there's no Mac build and the source code isn't released even though it's "open source".

You mean this source code?

I have been meaning to try VBAM, but they dont care about nonWindows users much (though it supposedly still compiles) and I find the personalities of the people involved irritating.