Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

GCL Magic: The Gathering, Yugioh, and Pokémon TCG leagues - Page 1

GCL Magic: The Gathering, Yugioh, and Pokémon TCG leagues

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-05-28 23:21:09
So I'm considering starting up forum leagues for MTG, Yugioh, and the Pokémon TCG.
Who would be interested?  If you are, please answer these questions:
What game/s are you interested in?
What software do/will you use to play those games online?
What days and times are good for you? (Please specify timezone.)

Re: GCL Magic: The Gathering, Yugioh, and Pokémon TCG leagues

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-06-03 21:35:49
It's times like this I had a webcam or something 'cause that could totally work.

It'd be fun to play Yu-Gi-Oh! again, but I'm so far out of the loop that I haven't really paid attention to it since the Battle City arc.

[size=3pt]Blue-Eyes White Dragon is still the best, I say.[/size]

Date: 2013-06-04 07:44:47
There's YGOPRO and its feature-added fork DevPro, which both have spiffy graphics, anime cards, tag duels (two-headed giant…), and functioning rules engines. :3

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-06-04 14:20:20
Hmm, I don't card game much. I used to play Pokemon TCG, but that was like in the late 90's to early 2000's. When Yu-gi-oh became popular, I followed the crowd and learned the game too. Nowadays the rules have changed on both, and deck strategies are more in depth and complicated. I…guess I wouldn't mind playing the new Pokemon because it looks like not much changed…

So I guess if you know a good software, site etc. I'll play a game or 2 against you.

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-06-04 14:40:23

There's YGOPRO and its feature-added fork DevPro, which both have spiffy graphics, anime cards, tag duels (two-headed giant…), and functioning rules engines. :3

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Anime cards? Like all of them? Some of those cards were pretty broken. The two examples I remember were Negative Energy Generator (triple a dark monster's attack permanently, for free) and the card Zigfried used.

PS. In case you couldn't tell, I used to play Yu-gi-oh, and I play a little Magic.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-06-04 16:05:25
I still have no fucking clue how Syncros work.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-06-04 19:44:44
Oh, somehow I had missed this thread.  We could use dueling network?

Date: 2013-06-04 22:05:04

Hmm, I don't card game much. I used to play Pokemon TCG, but that was like in the late 90's to early 2000's. When Yu-gi-oh became popular, I followed the crowd and learned the game too. Nowadays the rules have changed on both, and deck strategies are more in depth and complicated. I…guess I wouldn't mind playing the new Pokemon because it looks like not much changed…

So I guess if you know a good software, site etc. I'll play a game or 2 against you.

For Yugioh, DevPro.  For Pokémon, Redshark or PlayTCG or PTCGO.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-06-05 15:54:30

I still have no fucking clue how Syncros work.

Tuner star level + tribute monster(s) star level = Level of synchro that can be summoned.

You need a special monster called a tuner to be sacrificed with the tribute monster(s) and their combined levels = the level of the synchro that can be summoned.

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-06-05 17:49:24
I finally figured out how Synchro monsters work. First you take a tuner monster and then… wait, I seemed to have stopped caring.

Date: 2013-06-09 23:12:29
hmm… I re-learned the old yu gi oh rules by playing The Eternal Duelist Soul on the gameboy advance. If this new full time job doesn't destroy every ounce of my time, I'll partake in the YGO card league, once I learn the new rules and what's been added.

EDIT:

I joined the YGOpro thing. I got a little used to it, and I learned what synchros are etc. Here's a replay of my last match, I beat him the first time thinking he was holding back, then the second time I just mocked him by letting him live. (he even set up suicide 2 to 3 times) He almost made a comeback, but you can see where I drew the Dark Magician card just on time.

needless to say he got mad and surrendered (I wish they'd log the conversation in the replays, that would be great)

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-03-01 12:57:12
(I just started getting into the TCG, so this is kinda late)
What game/s are you interested in?: Pokemon TCG
What software do/will you use to play those games online?: TCGone, PTCGO
What days and times are good for you? (Please specify timezone.): Mon/Wed/Fri/weekends. afternoon/nighttime.

Date: 2014-03-02 00:03:58
what game interested in - MTG, and YGO
Software - Devpro
What days and times are good for me - N/A

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2014-03-02 14:32:05
Am I the only person who's played yugioh over skype video before?

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-03-02 15:00:12
I'm a massive Yu-Gi-Oh! nerd, but I stick almost entirely to casual fun decks of my own making. Tournaments aren't really my thing.