Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Good to see this place alive! - Page 1

Good to see this place alive!

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2013-07-07 03:52:23
Hi, all.

Some of you folks that have stuck around here for a long time may remember me, but to most of you I'm probably a new face. Long story short, I used to mess around on this forum when I was around 14-16 years of age, just having discovered the wonders of the internet. For some reason I was drawn here and loved reading about Pokemon glitches and all that jazz. I never really contributed anything… At all. =P But I had a great deal of fun (sometimes at the expense of others) and I learned quite a bit. Not just about glitches and Pokemon, but about social interaction. I never really had a lot of friends growing up, and I was a pretty solid introvert well into my teens.

This place was a starting point of sorts for me to break out of my shell. Not long after I hit 16, I started talking to more people, making friends at my high school. I had a circle of people I could rely on. I starting going out, I got my first girlfriend. I got interested in music, joined a band. I became a social butterfly… But I deviated away from the internet life I had. Truthfully, I had forgotten about it almost completely within the following years.

GCL (and another forum I was active in around the same time) had a serious, irrevocable hand in developing me into the person I am today. And I like who I am and where I stand, so it's only fit and proper that I give credit where credit is due.

Thank you, Glitch City Labs. Thank you, everyone who has had a hand in it. Whether you helped get this place off the ground, were part of the members I interacted with, or you help keep it afloat today, I applaud you.

I thought about the site today, spontaneously, and what all it had done for me. That prompted me to try my old password… Which prompted me to lurk around the threads for the bit… And here I am spilling my guts. =P I just wanted to congratulate you guys on still being here, still being true. It's great seeing this place still up and running. Makes my heart feel good! <3

I'm entering into my junior year in college in a couple of months, I've got a job, and I'm still with that silly band of mine. So I'm not quite saying I'm gonna make a return, because I'm as busy as someone that's really busy… But I may check it in my down time and post once in a while.

Excellent job, guys.

Much love,
GC

Re: Good to see this place alive!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-07-07 06:12:17
Welcome back to the forums, GoldenChaos.  :) I think your avatar is familiar.

I'm glad GCL helped you develop as a person.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-07-07 12:35:13
Welcome back! :D
I'm glad GCL had such a huge impact on you.
Honestly for me, I can't imagine myself without it even though it hasn't been as active as it usually is…

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2013-07-07 14:17:23
Im also quite happy to find out that glitch city is still present. I first registered back in 2006 and now being 20 year old thing have little changed, still enjoying and glitching when I can

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-07-10 23:20:37
oh, long time no see. Whatever happened to that old Chaos sprite edit? Well, anyways good to have you back.