Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Jeez Microsoft... - Page 1

Jeez Microsoft...

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-08-14 22:22:55
Is it just me, or is the customer service involving Xbox One really terrible? I mean, they have a twitter where they discuss suggestions or complaints, granted that a lot of people they deal with can go overboard at times, but the responses back are extremely unprofessional.

Ranging from a tweet with a picture of obama captioned "deal with it" to even blatantly insulting people. I mean, what the fuck microsoft? I mean, yeah I know that a lot of people are bitching, trillions, but why hire people that respond unprofessionally? I mean, those guys represent you, and right now a lot of people are pissed.

This is a bad publicity stunt, and they know it. I'd cease in the development of the console if I were them, they wasted enough money ruining their reputation.

Re: Jeez Microsoft...

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-08-15 00:33:42
Microsoft needs the console at this point. They screwed up repeatedly, and the only way it'll work out well is if the XBone is a hit.

They'll survive regardless, however.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-08-15 03:23:03
I scanned your post and immediately saw the words Microsoft, and

is the customer service really terrible?

The answer is so much yes that there is no word in the English language that expresses just how much yes the answer is. I have had the displeasure of dealing with Microsoft's customer service several times, each time leaving me with even more disdain for the human race than before.

As for PR, which is what your post seems to actually be about, they don't exactly have a great track record for that either.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-08-16 09:52:06

Microsoft needs the console at this point. They screwed up repeatedly, and the only way it'll work out well is if the XBone is a hit.

They'll survive regardless, however.

Yeah, they'll survive, because their main products are their OS and Office. Microsoft will be here for a long time, it's a good OS for beginners because its common and can be found on the more recent and cheaper line of machines.

However, I disagree that they NEED the console. Why waste more money to make millions of consoles, more millions to ship them, when people are going to hate it regardless. I'd rather accept the losses, and learn from the mistakes up to this point.
(If people buy them anyways, then their publicity stunt worked)