Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

I HAVE A DATE GUYS WHAT DO I DO - Page 1

I HAVE A DATE GUYS WHAT DO I DO

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-10-11 00:22:00
I'VE NEVER BEEN ON ONE OF THESE THINGS BEFORE

IT'S FOR MY SCHOOL'S HOMECOMING DANCE AND WE'RE GONNA GO TO DINNER AND THEN GO TO THE DANCE
I'M GONNA MEET HER PARENTS AND PAY FOR STUFF AND ALL THAT

ALSO I MIGHT ASK HER TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND AT THE END OF THE NIGHT

Any advice?

Re: I HAVE A DATE GUYS WHAT DO I DO

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-10-11 04:11:52
Well, I'm not the greatest at advice dealing with the ladies, but I'll try and pass down what knowledge I do know.

First of all, don't go all yandere and kill her parents. It tends to not work out in your favour. I don't know this from first hand experience, I just pieced together bits of knowledge to figure this one out.

And… uh… well… don't do what I did that results in me being single in the present day, I guess.

But I guess this one is in real life so what little expertise I have is even less useful here.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-10-11 07:53:03
gl hf

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-10-11 16:26:53
Women outside my family don't really acknowledge me. But… be yourself, I guess? I don't know. That's mostly what I hear on r9k one should do.

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-10-13 06:41:48
I dont know much too. Last long.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-10-13 10:37:40
wow. Since I'm apparently the only one who actually is in a relationship on gclf, i'll tell you this:

Don't be nervous, for fuck sakes she's a human too, with human thoughts and feelings, treat her like you would your friend but with compliments.

Be a gentleman, hold the door, be a good dude. Ever see a guy who's a dick to his girlfriend at school? Yeah, don't be that guy, do what he doesn't do for his girlfriend.

ALSO this is a fucking date, don't be calling her your girlfriend, don't be obnoxious, listen to what she says in case it does work out,  and if it don't work out, don't give a fuck, she ain't worth your time then anyways now is she.

*looks around* anybody wanting to debate me on THIS one? no? okay then.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-10-17 19:38:37
GCLF probably isn't the best place to find advice for this haha. But I am a girl so maybe I can help.

Speaking from experience, just be yourself and don't worry/be nervous too much. Remember she's probably just as excited/nervous as you.

And don't feel pressured to ask her to be your girlfriend unless you're really sure & genuine about it.