Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Minecraft Fans? - Page 1

Minecraft Fans?

Posted by: PokeGlitchFanatic
Date: 2015-05-31 09:08:41
wow this is awesome I have a Minecraft gift code and I can't believe it actually worked! I got it at

(Edit by Torchickens: Link removed, see my reply)

Re: Minecraft Fans?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-06-02 06:54:42
Wow this is awesome I locked the thread! Also >getting free vidya games

Has that _ever_ been legitimate?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-06-02 09:20:40
PokeGlitchFanatic, I don't believe it's best to link to anywhere like that because of the questionable legality and a thread with just the link may be considered spam.

But if you want to start a new thread about Minecraft in relation to what you think about the gameplay, etc. then you may.

I don't like the way you put this. It sounds mean. She may have just wanted to start a discussion about Minecraft. There was nothing in the thread other than the link, yes. But please be more respectful next time because they probably just made a mistake.

[li]Do not act rude towards users who make mistakes, particularly new users. See this for an explanation.[/li]

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-06-02 10:40:41

PokeGlitchFanatic, I don't believe it's best to link to anywhere like that because of the questionable legality and a thread with just the link may be considered spam.

But if you want to start a new thread about Minecraft in relation to what you think about the gameplay, etc. then you may.

I don't like the way you put this. It sounds mean. She may have just wanted to start a discussion about Minecraft. There was nothing in the thread other than the link, yes. But please be more respectful next time because they probably just made a mistake.

[li]Do not act rude towards users who make mistakes, particularly new users. See this for an explanation.[/li]

Didn't mean to come off as rude, my b. The combination of the topic and title came across to me as something like a spambot would make her say, which luckily I know she isn't because she's posted before (but malware may be involved), if not something a human would say if accidentally scammed into becoming part of some kind of Minecraft pyramid scheme. But it didn't look like it was 'Hey everyone I like Minecraft, oh and by the way here's this link.'

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-06-02 20:27:26
I understand. I think I sounded blunt. Sorry.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2015-06-02 22:25:01
Yeah, it's a spam/scam type of deal. The site generates a spam message for someone to post in multiple places, and if the user does so (the page claims it can check if you've posted the message, although I'm not sure how that works), then the site claims to give out some kind of "Minecraft code." The site presumably makes money by getting people on the internet to link to it, to increase ad traffic and Google rankings.

It does look like some sort of scheme, not legit in the least, so I'm not going to penalize PokeGlitchFanatic for falling for it. I just realized though that although we have a rule about being nice to people, we don't have one against spamming. Maybe we just never needed one?