Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Pet peeves - Page 1

Pet peeves

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-01-26 11:51:05
Post your pet peeves here.

A pet peeve is something you find especially annoying to you.

Re: Pet peeves

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-26 12:14:35
Annoying?
People going into my body in MC.

RAWR

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-26 17:45:43
Where shall I begin?
People using the scroll bar when the wheel is available, people that try to tell me I'm wrong while I'm fixing their tech, school censorship (nothing Tor can't handle), schools employing 15-yr olds as "network managers" when they have no idea what they're doing, people that say they want to fight but then backing off claiming "it wouldn't be worth it, I'd knock you out in one hit because you're a nerd", people that say they're a tech then expect the Three Finger Salute to fix ALL THE PROBLEMS!, people that expect *ix to be a carbon copy of Windows, just for free, people that think they're *ahem* 7H3 1337357 0F H4X0RZ */ahem* because they can open a Command Prompt, even if its use eludes them, the list goes on and on and FUCKING ON LEARN HOW TO USE TECHNOLOGY BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING BEYOND END-USER COMPREHENSION
ARRRRRRRGH

…sorry, I kinda lost it there…

Re: RAWR

Date: 2017-01-26 17:59:53

Where shall I begin?
People using the scroll bar when the wheel is available, people that try to tell me I'm wrong while I'm fixing their tech, school censorship (nothing Tor can't handle), schools employing 15-yr olds as "network managers" when they have no idea what they're doing, people that say they want to fight but then backing off claiming "it wouldn't be worth it, I'd knock you out in one hit because you're a nerd", people that say they're a tech then expect the Three Finger Salute to fix ALL THE PROBLEMS!, people that expect *ix to be a carbon copy of Windows, just for free, people that think they're *ahem* 7H3 1337357 0F H4X0RZ */ahem* because they can open a Command Prompt, even if its use eludes them, the list goes on and on and FUCKING ON LEARN HOW TO USE TECHNOLOGY BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING BEYOND END-USER COMPREHENSION
ARRRRRRRGH

…sorry, I kinda lost it there…

Boi I don't blame ya.
I always lose it when talking about pet peeves.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2017-01-26 18:26:49
when schoolmates harass you for RPing

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-01-26 20:36:00
One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone pronounces Rattata as "Rattatat". There's no extra "t" at the end! I also hate when people speed walk behind me and I give them enough space to just walk around me, but the continue to follow right behind me… >_> I can't help it if I can't walk that fast, I'm short for a guy… :\

Date: 2017-01-26 21:17:23

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone pronounces Rattata as "Rattatat". There's no extra "t" at the end! I also hate when people speed walk behind me and I give them enough space to just walk around me, but the continue to follow right behind me… >_> I can't help it if I can't walk that fast, I'm short for a guy… :\

My brother does the rattata thing

Date: 2017-01-27 03:06:56
Well, people killing other party members on FFRK multiplayer dungeons, and people choosing gender opposite to theirs while playing RPG's…

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-01-27 06:37:42
I hate people that tell "I got a problem with my PC". It's as if they told me "I have a weird noise in my car". I could answer "Probably a rattle snake" and that'd be valid.
Sadly unless I give such an example people don't realize that technology people aren't magicians, they need details.
But I guess vehicle-repairing people must experience the same feeling… and then people wonder why repairing a car takes so long. Because what takes the most time is figuring out the problem the user wants solved.

I also hate people not reading manuals (which I sometimes do) but then complain about "it not working anymore since I did this" "yeah but the manual states that you shouldn't unless you add some protection" "HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW ???" "very simply, by RTFM, NOOB"
(RTFM stands here for "Reading The (Mother-)Fucking Manual"

Date: 2017-01-27 08:15:04
I have a lot.
But the one that gets to me the most is when I'm splitting a food or drink with someone and they say "nu-UH! YOU POUR I PICK" or "YOU SPLIT I PICK".
And another one, it always seems to get at me when someone says "You're welcome" not even a full second before I say "thank you" to them.
Teenagers.
I actually enjoy most of them, but those basic bitches…

Posted by: Jchu
Date: 2017-05-23 13:16:09
I have many. Here they are:
-Hearing my 'trigger words' (h*te is one of them…)
-Being called a 'guy'
-Farts
-People burping and not covering their mouths when they do it
-Poop
-Masculine things a a whole, kinda (though i do seem to like most 'cooler' pokemon…kinda?)
-Hearing bad things about 'feminine' people
-Feeling less attracted to korrina (seems to happen every so often, and it bothers me when it does.)
-Being yelled at
-Frowning
-Hearing arguements outside (likely due to my word phos…)
-People hurting
-Hearing about depression and suicide
-Heck, things i deem 'negative' AS A WHOLE

And….Likely other stuff too.

Date: 2017-06-04 05:07:36
A map beIng glitched enough to not let me win the round and force me to retreat
Our school computers not having an admin account password protected, and the fact that my ICT teacher just gave me the password to their server's administrator account…
Kek