Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Playing non-music files in Audacity - Page 1

Playing non-music files in Audacity

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-30 11:56:58
I was browsing thru some topics and found this post:

heh. reminds me of some of the mini-projects I did. especially regarding the PBM image format. that stuff is really fun.

so is loading up files as raw audio in audacity. you'd be surprised at how some windows DLLs sound.

I decided to give it a try, loaded Pokémon Crystal with Audacity and… wow… at the end… it sounds pretty cool.
BUT! There's LOTS of static, so be warned (especially you, headphone users).
[size=1]My bgb ini sounds pretty cool as well.
[/size][size=4]Also, try loading BGB's EXE in it, ALIENS!!!
The Vinesauce ROM Corruptor also sounds weird…
[/size]
Post results of driving stuff like DLL's, ROM's and even your essay's with Audacity here.
(note:Bigger files mean longer tracks,)

Re: Playing non-music files in Audacity

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-30 16:01:02
Well, HBCD 15.2 is 2 hours long and looks like the attachment (because I can't show a picture on my PC without attaching or uploading somewhere, and I'm too lazy to go to feen.us rn)
EDIT: Forgot to mention at the 5.2145 second mark DFX crashed, which stopped playback (DFX controls the driver, driver stops responding, audio stops processing)

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-01-30 20:47:45
Some game boy advance games use raw pcm data for sound effects and voice clips. Teen Titans on the GBA is one of them. I ripped the voice clips and some sound effects from the game via audacity and made a video. It's loud so be sure to turn your volume down! Especially if you're wearing headphones! The clip was slowed down to be able to play the voice clips back at the correct tempo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKUGrJWqS4&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-30 21:29:12
…not quite what we wanted but alrighty thanks OH GOD MY EARS

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2017-03-27 18:24:03
accessibilitycpl.dll

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-04-04 12:22:58
After 10 seconds it gets great.
I didn't know explorer.exe had circus horns.