Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

*sigh* Guess who's not getting a Wii this year... - Page 1

*sigh* Guess who's not getting a Wii this year...

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-12-12 17:04:30
… me. I can't find the #$%&^#$ things anywhere!

I live in the Ogdensburg, NY area (zip 13669.)
I have called just about EVERYWHERE!
I have called:
Massena's Wal*Mart
Ogdensburg's Wal*Mart
Watertown's Wal*Mart
Massena's BJ's Wholesale Club
Watertown's Sams Club
Watertown's Best Buy
Massena's EB Games
Watertown's EB Games
Massena's Sears
Watertown's Sears
Cornwall, Ontario EB Games
Toys 'R' Us Clay, NY
Toys 'R' Us NYC
and they all don't know when they are getting them in and they have none.

Watertown is 1 hour away, Massena is 30 minutes away, Clay is 2 hours 30 minutes away, and NYC is pretty far. I am up on the Canadian border. (Cornwall is around 45 minutes to an hour away - never been there before)

So I guess I'm not getting anything close to a Wii this year. *cry*
My mom doesn't even have that much - we bought some $)%$# retirement land in the mountains. My 'rents retire in 7 or so years.

Re: *sigh* Guess who's not getting a Wii this year...

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-12-12 17:16:06
Well you may get one this year you will just have to wait intill after christmas. They seem to be out of stock WORLDWIDE. Everywhere in the UK has signs saying "The Wii is not in stock." So you are not alone. There are many in your position. Except with the "My mom doesn't even have that much - we bought some $)%$# retirement land in the mountains. My 'rents retire in 7 or so years." Thing. Not everyone has that.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-12-12 21:36:43
Why the heck would you want a friggin Wii anyway?

Posted by: Solstice
Date: 2006-12-12 22:50:36
I'm getting it when I have the money and there are enough Wii's to satisfy everybody. This is why.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-12-13 10:51:22
Wiis are sold out everywhere. It's reached the point where store employees would probably laugh at you if you asked them if they had the Wii in stock. I considered getting one for Christmas, but I want something else for the same price instead–the new Lego Mindstorms NXT robotics set.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-12-13 13:56:22
Nintendo must have grossly underestimated the number of rabid fanboys they have. Are there any PS3's left in stock?

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-12-15 16:42:54

I'm getting it when I have the money and there are enough Wii's to satisfy everybody. This is why.
holy f— that is so freaking weird…i mean cant they be paientent and wait for the next re-stock?? ^_^;

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-21 13:15:13

Don't forget BR ;)