Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Hacked Pokemon to generation it shouldn't exist in. (EXPERIMENT) - Page 1

Hacked Pokemon to generation it shouldn't exist in. (EXPERIMENT)

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-04-01 08:47:58
So for a while I've been wondering: "What would happen if I hacked a Buzzwole (sorry if I misspelled that by the way) into my copy of Moon, and then used PKSM's bank feature (which basically serves as Pokemon bank with a few extra features) and loaded it with a different save from the previous generation, and then tried putting it in that box?" In short, I wonder what would happen if I put a gen 7 Pokemon into the box (PKSM's box, NOT Pokemon bank) and then transferred it to the gen 6's save box? And what I really want to know is: Can I use that Pokemon in battle if it worked?

Re: Hacked Pokemon to generation it shouldn't exist in. (EXPERIMENT)

Posted by: MarcinTVP8
Date: 2017-04-02 08:20:37
100% they would become glitch Pokemon, because Buzzwolde does not exsist in Gen 6.
Converting a glitch pokemon form Gen 6 to 7 with index numbers 722-801 will result in its equivalent Pokemon.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-04-04 12:09:24
I did the same with Moves, I used PkHeX to give Gen 4,5,6 and 7 moves to a Areodactyl that was put into a Gen 3 game,
Glitch moves and "er for more!" everywhere.
Confirmed.

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-04-16 11:32:35

100% they would become glitch Pokemon, because Buzzwolde does not exsist in Gen 6.
Converting a glitch pokemon form Gen 6 to 7 with index numbers 722-801 will result in its equivalent Pokemon.
I guess that would make sense, I actually forgot about this idea until now when I logged on again.