Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

So i read this thread - Page 1

So i read this thread

Posted by: Jchu
Date: 2017-05-23 19:59:50
I duno if it's appropriate to post publicly but.

Said thread has opened my eyes.

…ITS OKAY to like Hello Kitty and 'cute' things. Its NOT going to make me go around 'hurting' people. If anything, i'm more likely the one to be 'attacked' over it. Not them.

I pmed the url to this site to myself on another forum.

I'm not sure what else to say. For years, I lived in the dark, thinking it was 'evil' to BE MYSELF. People I met online only futher my self doubts. In fact, it may of ultimately lead to my leaning on crushes and sexuality more….as an escape from what i REALLY enjoy: cuteness and innocence. Truely. Honestly.

I may still take awhile to process this new info. Its been years of confusion for me. And, well…i'm not sure i really wanna give up korrina just yet. I think my liking her is okay too? She's a work of fiction, all else failed?

I don't really know who I am right now. I just know I want to be HAPPY. I'm a caring, GOOD person, and i'm learning and relising it more everyday. I DESERVE happiness. Not greif (…how do i spell that?).

After years of being confused and thinking i'll 'hurt' others, I do not know what i really like/dislike right now. Sadly.

I may add this thread to some other forums i'm on too.

Thanks for reading this….and not being like the bullies on this one Kingdom Farts forum I know.

Not that I h*te Kingdom Hearts or anything. Well, maybe I do….a little. That one forum was the closest thing to hell i've ever lived through.

I've lived a pretty sheltered life due to my autism. Sadly. Most of what I 'learned' about the 'outside world'? Yep, it was from the internet. It's pretty depressing, I know.

Re: So i read this thread

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2017-05-23 20:58:08
I'm a dude and I love cute things. It's okay to be who you are, and if anyone hates you for it, then it's their problem and not yours :)

You can like whatever, or whomever you like. It's all good.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-05-23 21:08:51
Take a page from the Internet: FUCK EVERYONE ELSE. The internet has adopted the "my opinion is correct, everyone else's is therefore wrong" attutide, and for good reason. It works (and shuts up 6-year old internet trolls). However, don't go out of your way to be an asshole. Just be one when you need to be and you'll be alright.

Date: 2017-05-23 21:15:42

Take a page from the Internet: f**k EVERYONE ELSE. The internet has adopted the "my opinion is correct, everyone else's is therefore wrong" attutide, and for good reason. It works (and shuts up 6-year old internet trolls). However, don't go out of your way to be an arsehole. Just be one when you need to be and you'll be alright.

This….might be the very best thing i ever read on the internet o.o;;;

I'm so glad i decided to post here. seriously.

o.o;;;

Thank you. A lot…

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-05-23 21:58:52
No problem. It's what I'm here for.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-05-24 05:01:56

I'm a dude and I love cute things. It's okay to be who you are, and if anyone hates you for it, then it's their problem and not yours :)

You can like whatever, or whomever you like. It's all good.

Exactly this. :)

It's not like you're being abusive or aggressive, you are just expressing your passions and interests. Take pride in that and remember that if anyone is going to judge you for how you are they're not real friends.

Date: 2017-05-24 06:57:54
Yeah, i don't think a lot of the people i met on kh13 were 'real friends'. ); Members there seemed to have a cruel streak to them. Honestly it feels like the type of forum that could hurt one's trust in people as a whole BIG time. o___O;;;

Date: 2017-05-24 07:37:46

Yeah, i don't think a lot of the people i met on kh13 were 'real friends'. ); Members there seemed to have a cruel streak to them. Honestly it feels like the type of forum that could hurt one's trust in people as a whole BIG time. o___O;;;

Sorry to hear that.  :(

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-05-24 08:33:23
Well I bear no grudge against you, maybe what annoys me the most in your posts are your smileys (but that's just my taste :D).
You're not a bad person. I think we've met way worse (like the Prism Discord, anyone ?). It's cool to be what you are.

Also, we know you love Korrina x9000001019911909191, you can stop saying it now. I'm starting to find it creepy. It's fine if you do, but please, stop spamming ^^'

Date: 2017-05-24 09:46:32

Well I bear no grudge against you, maybe what annoys me the most in your posts are your smileys (but that's just my taste :D).
You're not a bad person. I think we've met way worse (like the Prism Discord, anyone ?). It's cool to be what you are.

Also, we know you love Korrina x9000001019911909191, you can stop saying it now. I'm starting to find it creepy. It's fine if you do, but please, stop spamming ^^'

I think it's rude to call anyone bad. Arguably in essence no one is a bad person, we don't know their circumstances.

Jchu can say that re: Korrina if she wants to, that's freedom of speech, but I think the policies here are like as long as what is posted is relevant to the topic (unless in a thread like the member's guide to topiclessness) and isn't bot spam or just advertising, then we can post what we want (although it doesn't specifically say in the rules it might be worth adding a note). This is relevant here because it's about the thread and how Jchu feels.

Date: 2017-05-24 10:34:42
I understand, but that Korrina thing is in almost all of her posts. I say thing because I start to find it irrelevant to the topics said posts are in… but as I said, it just annoys me. I didn't say it's against the forum rules - tbh I don't know them off by heart, I just follow "be nice and polite and kick trolls in the ass".

If you're only thinking about Korrina always, that's okay (but I find it rather strange, don't mind me)

Date: 2017-05-24 15:23:16
…I don't mean to repeat myself and stuff :-\

I think I need a break from this forum now after reading ISSO's posts, i guess x.x I mean i do try to talk about other things like in the forum games and stuff. But yeah…

Date: 2017-05-24 16:10:48
Nah np, I also tend to only speak of one thing. Only here it's in-topic so it works fine. But don't worry about me :)

Date: 2017-05-25 01:24:29

Nah np, I also tend to only speak of one thing. Only here it's in-topic so it works fine. But don't worry about me :)

Alright…thanks :) (as long as you're really alright and stuff^^;; )

I'm assuming that one thing is Pokemon Glitches.

Date: 2017-05-25 08:36:17
It's more computers and programming. Since I'm really into that.