Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Weird problem in Item Underflow - Page 1

Weird problem in Item Underflow

Posted by: DGZUpkmn/
Date: 2017-06-01 20:48:05
I'm here just to report an odd problem with a save file on my copy(Physical Hardware)of Pokemon Blue(English). I came across a problem when trying to perform Item Underflow to obtain 8F. Note that these events happened on a file just prior to a save corruption, but I don't know whether that was the cause.
Because this was on hardware, I have no screenshots of the game, you will just have to trust me on it. Everything in the glitch worked up until attempting to enter glitchy Celadon City, where instead of walking in normally, I would jump a ledge and return to the normal overworld, with the same slot in my inventory still changing, but only a few items showed up there, not including 8F.
Luckily, factory resetting fixed this problem, so I was able to obtain 8F and use it to full extent. I just want to know why this happened, and if anyone can shed some light on the cause. The save corruption was caused via attempting mid-save shut-off, just to experiment with, and of course, this went wrong and deleted my file. Also, I want to know if this is a common problem, or is it possibly a rare corruption that caused this? I performed the glitch identically on the 2 files, even using the same item for the one taken by an NPC. Please tell me anything you know about this.

Re: Weird problem in Item Underflow

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-06-02 07:20:28
I don't understand what you say on a few points.
First, you say that was prior to a SRAM glitch ("save corruption"), but you seem to imply the save file had experienced Save Corruption prior to Underflow ?
Then you could have snapped a few pics with your phone's camera. Even crap quality is better than nothing.

Now onto main stuff : "where instead of walking in normally, I would jump a ledge and return to the normal overworld" Did you jump the ledge on the east of Celadon ? And then, what did you do ? Did you FLY back to Celadon, or kept going right ?

People like Torchickens, TheZZAZZGlitch, or even me, performed Underflow on different consoles, and always succeeded. I believe it to be fail-proof.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-06-03 07:21:42
FAIL-proof, not FOOL-proof.

Basically, he said Celadon didn't wrap like it should've, but then he erased the save via title and it worked. He wants to know if anyone else has encountered the issue.

I personally can't get Celadon to loop in the first place, but I'm a fool, too.

Regards,
Parzival
Your helpful English decoder.

Date: 2017-06-03 09:00:18
Yes, Celadon didn't wrap correctly, where I should have went south freely, I instead jumped a ledge and entered a glitchy state, this was the only time I've ever encountered that, but I have done item underflow several other times on other files and had no problem.
Also, this file was the ONLY file I preformed the Mew Glitch to obtain a lv.100 Gengar before Brock, whether or not that is important, I'm not sure. I hope that helps.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-06-03 11:01:23
You can't go south, Celadon loops horizontally. And if you jump the ledge, you do get stuck.

Date: 2017-06-07 09:41:32
Yes, Celadon does loop that way, but before you go into the loop, you go south, where there is a spot where I keep jumping a ledge