Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

This place feels dead - Page 1

This place feels dead

Posted by: Jchu
Date: 2017-09-11 20:00:33
I've been logged in again lately, and no one else seems to ever be on when i am now :-\ Yeah….i guess everyone else got bored of this place too?

Re: This place feels dead

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2017-09-11 22:25:15
That's because it's dying. Community is getting smaller and smaller. Kinda sad but everything passes.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-09-12 04:58:03
You could say it's dying but it's certainly not dead. There is a lot of glitch discussion here, it's still the place to be and the place where you will find help.

However, remaining people are probably not much interested in off-topic discussions or board games.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-09-12 10:19:19
If you want a more active community, join our official Discord server.
That's really all I have to say…

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-09-12 18:53:52
The community has a bunch of "core" members which are still active - many Distinguished Mebers, notably - but they aren't very active on the forums, so I understand if it feels dead.
Torchickens produces new videos very often.
There's also a Discord server which is still rather active.

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2017-09-12 22:07:35

The community has a bunch of "core" members which are still active - many Distinguished Mebers, notably - but they aren't very active on the forums, so I understand if it feels dead.

Where is that?

Posted by: Terry
Date: 2017-09-13 04:15:42
It may not have a high post rate, but the quality of the posts are far, far greater than that of nearly all other forums with this kind of traffic. It's a niche forum in the first place, and the oldest games of a generation don't typically get as much foot traffic as something new does it?

It may be a week or more between heavily insightful posts but I still find myself checking the forums several times a week for new information I might have missed or don't know of yet. As a trade-off I think it's worth it.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-09-13 09:48:47

It may not have a high post rate, but the quality of the posts are far, far greater than that of nearly all other forums with this kind of traffic. It's a niche forum in the first place, and the oldest games of a generation don't typically get as much foot traffic as something new does it?

It may be a week or more between heavily insightful posts but I still find myself checking the forums several times a week for new information I might have missed or don't know of yet. As a trade-off I think it's worth it.
Don't forget when the forum explodes over the course of an hour.

Where is that?
Check General for "Yeniaul's discord server and rules"

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2017-09-17 15:33:23
I actually think this place is more on an upswing lately. More users and more posts than in years past. Sure, it's not what it was during the peak years of 2007-2009, but it's a lot more active than it was in 2012-2013.

I do miss the peak activity though.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-09-25 22:57:26
Yeah it's a bit quiet, definitely not how it was when I first joined back in '06. Still there is some activity going on, and since G/S was recently released on VC I think more activity will pick up once people start testing glitches on this version.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2017-11-07 06:36:01
It's okay GCLF I feel dead too

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-11-07 06:48:50
Why don't you come and chat more often on the Discord ? We'll make you feel better ! \o/

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-11-07 06:57:38

It's okay GCLF I feel dead too

(hugs)

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2017-12-06 23:42:04
GCLF has been inactive for the past few years, but I wouldn't call it dead. There's still a small community around here. I do miss the old times though when it was super active, not gonna lie.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2017-12-08 11:00:58
well it's still alive, i guess.

i don't really know what the peak was like because i joined later than most of you guys. it's better than bulbapedia, at the very least.

i don't really know what to say at this point