Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Net Neutrality - Page 1

Net Neutrality

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-12-06 07:19:33
I've changed my mind on the topic, and I no longer support this.

I feel that it would create an environment in which the free market could run without competition, allowing for increased monopolization of ISPs. It's best to just leave the ISP market alone, especially given the fact that it is rather limited, and there is little competition already in the US.

Re: Net Neutrality

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-06 07:34:11
I support Epsilon's reasoning.

I feel what goes on in the Internet and Web should not be controlled by the state.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2017-12-06 16:16:33
i already called 5 local senators , the first day i had heard about it

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2017-12-06 20:08:34
eh, we had net neutrality before 2015. we'll still have it after the repeal.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-12-06 20:09:55
I would do something if I was able to do anything. Fortunately for me, I'm in a country where net neutrality is an actual thing.
I do, however, support all of you (except Pai)

@xparasite9 : uh, you do understand that the repeals essentially targets the only thing that warrants net neutrality ?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2017-12-07 21:45:39

I support this.

I feel what goes on in the Internet and Web should not be controlled by the state.

Accepting net neutrality regulations is literally ceding control of the internet to the state.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-08 03:24:21

I support this.

Accepting net neutrality regulations is literally ceding control of the internet to the state.

I see. Thanks.

Not sure if I understood this correctly but my intentions were that I support Epsilon's reasoning. Do you mean the state will not be in control if net neutrality continues, or is it different to that?

(Sorry, my original wording was unclear. I didn't mean that I accept net neutrality being repealed. Contrarily, from what I gather I believe net neutrality should stay, though I don't understand the subject much)

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-12-14 12:44:32
It's over. We lost

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-14 14:19:52
If you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go cry into my pillow.

Date: 2017-12-14 17:14:07
IT'S NOT. CONGRESS CAN STILL STOP IT.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-17 20:20:34
if any of you have money and live in the US start suing the FCC for violating the First Amendment.
That's more likely to get the rules reinstated than attempting to persuade Congress.

Date: 2017-12-18 08:24:14
I don't know if they did, but they pressed YouTube to block the video on copyright grounds.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2017-12-24 04:09:59

if any of you have money and live in the US start suing the FCC for violating the First Amendment.
That's more likely to get the rules reinstated than attempting to persuade Congress.

Youd get laughed out of court. Net neutrality has nothing to do with the First Amendment.