Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

birthday gifts - Page 1

birthday gifts

Posted by: Susy
Date: 2018-07-08 20:33:32
:-D Excited for my birthday woohoo! but what should I get?

Re: birthday gifts

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-09 07:20:57
Detective Pikachu sucks

Tennis aces, I tried, and whoa I never thought a tennis game could be that thrilling!

Octopath Traveler is just gorgeous. If I had more money to spare I'd have jumped ship already, but I will have to hold on.

Re: birthday gifts

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-07-09 11:51:48
Hi Susy, hope you enjoy your birthday! ^_^

I quite like Detective Pikachu but I wasn't a fan of Tennis Aces' difficulty (others may find it easier however) and noticed a slow loading time before stages (however I have the cartridge version and don't know if it applies to digital downloads).

I feel it depends on the type of games you enjoy, both have a focus on story but Detective Pikachu seems moreso focused on the story than the Mario Tennis Aces game which requires good hand-eye coordination and like ISSOtm said can be quite thrilling.

Octopath Traveler is just gorgeous. If I had more money to spare I'd have jumped ship already, but I will have to hold on.

I agree, it's a pretty game. I haven't played much of it yet but I personally didn't like some elements of the style being similar to a standard RPG unlike e.g. Mario & Luigi's action-command feature. However I imagine it's easy to get into.

I feel Super Mario Odyssey and Sushi Striker are enjoyable games if you don't have them yet personally but I haven't got very far in Sushi Striker yet to have a better opinion. Super Mario Odyssey is innovative for being a Mario game in open world settings with a lot of freedom. You can collect the Moons you come across and go as far as you like, and if you aren't a fan of collecting most Moons for the post-game content you can grind coins to buy them. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is also open world but I personally haven't got into Legend of Zelda (ISSOtm is a big Legend of Zelda fan though so he may be able to tell you more if you don't have it).

Another great game in my opinion is Sonic Mania which I highly recommend, but if you get spare money you may want to wait for July 17 if your birthday is before that for the updated Sonic Mania Plus to come out.