Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

ENTER AT YOUR OWN PERIL - Page 3

Re: ENTER AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2020-07-12 22:14:35

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees dont care what humans think is impossible. SEQ. 75 - INTRO TO BARRY INT. BENSON HOUSE - DAY ANGLE ON: Sneakers on the ground. Camera PANS UP to reveal BARRY BENSONS BEDROOM ANGLE ON: Barrys hand flipping through different sweaters in his closet. BARRY Yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black…oohh, black and yellow… ANGLE ON: Barry wearing the sweater he picked, looking in the mirror. BARRY (CONTD) Yeah, lets shake it up a little. He picks the black and yellow one. He then goes to the sink, takes the top off a CONTAINER OF HONEY, and puts some honey into his hair. He squirts some in his mouth and gargles. Then he takes the lid off the bottle, and rolls some on like deodorant. CUT TO: INT. BENSON HOUSE KITCHEN - CONTINUOUS Barrys mother, JANET BENSON, yells up at Barry. JANET BENSON Barry, breakfast is ready! CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 1. INT. BARRYS ROOM - CONTINUOUS BARRY Coming! SFX: Phone RINGING. Barrys antennae vibrate as they RING like a phone. Barrys hands are wet. He looks around for a towel. BARRY (CONTD) Hang on a second! He wipes his hands on his sweater, and pulls his antennae down to his ear and mouth. BARRY (CONT'D) Hello? His best friend, ADAM FLAYMAN, is on the other end. ADAM Barry? BARRY Adam? ADAM Can you believe this is happening? BARRY Cant believe it. Ill pick you up. Barry sticks his stinger in a sharpener. SFX: BUZZING AS HIS STINGER IS SHARPENED. He tests the sharpness with his finger. SFX: Bing. BARRY (CONTD) Looking sharp. ANGLE ON: Barry hovering down the hall, sliding down the staircase bannister. Barrys mother, JANET BENSON, is in the kitchen. JANET BENSON Barry, why dont you use the stairs? Your father paid good money for those. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 2. BARRY Sorry, Im excited. Barrys father, MARTIN BENSON, ENTERS. Hes reading a NEWSPAPER with the HEADLINE, Queen gives birth to thousandtuplets: Resting Comfortably. MARTIN BENSON Heres the graduate. Were very proud of you, Son. And a perfect report card, all Bs. JANET BENSON (mushing Barrys hair) Very proud. BARRY Ma! Ive got a thing going here. Barry re-adjusts his hair, starts to leave. JANET BENSON Youve got some lint on your fuzz. She picks it off. BARRY Ow, thats me! MARTIN BENSON Wave to us. Well be in row 118,000. Barry zips off. BARRY Bye! JANET BENSON Barry, I told you, stop flying in the house! CUT TO: SEQ. 750 - DRIVING TO GRADUATION EXT. BEE SUBURB - MORNING A GARAGE DOOR OPENS. Barry drives out in his CAR. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 3. ANGLE ON: Barrys friend, ADAM FLAYMAN, standing by the curb. Hes reading a NEWSPAPER with the HEADLINE: Frisbee Hits Hive: Internet Down. Bee-stander: I heard a sound, and next thing I knew…wham-o!. Barry drives up, stops in front of Adam. Adam jumps in. BARRY Hey, Adam. ADAM Hey, Barry. (pointing at Barrys hair) Is that fuzz gel? BARRY A little. Its a special day. Finally graduating. ADAM I never thought Id make it. BARRY Yeah, three days of grade school, three days of high school. ADAM Those were so awkward. BARRY Three days of college. Im glad I took off one day in the middle and just hitchhiked around the hive. ADAM You did come back different. They drive by a bee whos jogging. ARTIE Hi Barry! BARRY (to a bee pedestrian) Hey Artie, growing a mustache? Looks good. Barry and Adam drive from the suburbs into the city. ADAM Hey, did you hear about Frankie? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 4. BARRY Yeah. ADAM You going to his funeral? BARRY No, Im not going to his funeral. Everybody knows you sting someone you die, you dont waste it on a squirrel. He was such a hot head. ADAM Yeah, I guess he couldve just gotten out of the way. The DRIVE through a loop de loop. BARRY AND ADAM Whoa…Whooo…wheee!! ADAM I love this incorporating the amusement park right into our regular day. BARRY I guess thats why they say we dont need vacations. CUT TO: SEQ. 95 - GRADUATION EXT. GRADUATION CEREMONY - CONTINUOUS Barry and Adam come to a stop. They exit the car, and fly over the crowd to their seats. * BARRY * (re: graduation ceremony) * Boy, quite a bit of pomp…under * the circumstances. * They land in their seats. BARRY (CONTD) Well Adam, today we are men. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 5. ADAM We are. BARRY Bee-men. ADAM Amen! BARRY Hallelujah. Barry hits Adams forehead. Adam goes into the rapture. An announcement comes over the PA. ANNOUNCER (V.O) Students, faculty, distinguished bees…please welcome, Dean Buzzwell. ANGLE ON: DEAN BUZZWELL steps up to the podium. The podium has a sign that reads: Welcome Graduating Class of:, with train-station style flipping numbers after it. BUZZWELL Welcome New Hive City graduating class of… The numbers on the podium change to 9:15. BUZZWELL (CONTD) …9:15. (he clears his throat) And that concludes our graduation ceremonies. And begins your career at Honex Industries. BARRY Are we going to pick our job today? ADAM I heard its just orientation. The rows of chairs change in transformer-like mechanical motion to Universal Studios type tour trams. Buzzwell walks off stage. BARRY (re: trams) Whoa, heads up! Here we go. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 6. SEQ. 125 - FACTORY FEMALE VOICE (V.O) Keep your hands and antennas inside the tram at all times. (in Spanish) Dejen las manos y antennas adentro del tram a todos tiempos. BARRY I wonder what its going to be like? ADAM A little scary. Barry shakes Adam. BARRY AND ADAM AAHHHH! The tram passes under SIGNS READING: Honex: A Division of Honesco: A Part of the Hexagon Group. TRUDY Welcome to Honex, a division of Honesco, and a part of the Hexagon group. BARRY This is it! The Honex doors OPEN, revealing the factory. BARRY (CONTD) Wow. TRUDY We know that you, as a bee, have worked your whole life to get to the point where you can work for your whole life. Honey begins when our valiant pollen jocks bring the nectar to the hive where our top secret formula is automatically color-corrected, scent adjusted and bubble contoured into this… Trudy GRABS a TEST TUBE OF HONEY from a technician. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 7. TRUDY (CONTD) …soothing, sweet syrup with its distinctive golden glow, you all know as… EVERYONE ON THE TRAM (in unison) H-o-n-e-y. Trudy flips the flask into the crowd, and laughs as they all scramble for it. ANGLE ON: A GIRL BEE catching the honey. ADAM (sotto) That girl was hot. BARRY (sotto) Shes my cousin. ADAM She is? BARRY Yes, were all cousins. ADAM Right. Youre right. TRUDY At Honex, we also constantly strive to improve every aspect of bee existence. These bees are stress testing a new helmet technology. ANGLE ON: A STUNT BEE in a HELMET getting hit with a NEWSPAPER, then a SHOE, then a FLYSWATTER. He gets up, and gives a thumbs up. The graduate bees APPLAUD. ADAM (re: stunt bee) What do you think he makes? BARRY Not enough. TRUDY And here we have our latest advancement, the Krelman. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 8. BARRY Wow, what does that do? TRUDY Catches that little strand of honey that hangs after you pour it. Saves us millions. ANGLE ON: The Krelman machine. Bees with hand-shaped hats on, rotating around a wheel to catch drips of honey. Adams hand shoots up. ADAM Can anyone work on the Krelman? TRUDY Of course. Most bee jobs are small ones. But bees know that every small job, if its done well, means a lot. There are over 3000 different bee occupations. But choose carefully, because youll stay in the job that you pick for the rest of your life. The bees CHEER. ANGLE ON: Barrys smile dropping slightly. BARRY The same job for the rest of your life? I didnt know that. ADAM Whats the difference? TRUDY And youll be happy to know that bees as a species havent had one day off in 27 million years. BARRY So youll just work us to death? TRUDY (laughing) Well sure try. Everyone LAUGHS except Barry. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 9. The tram drops down a log-flume type steep drop. Cameras flash, as all the bees throw up their hands. The frame freezes into a snapshot. Barry looks concerned. The tram continues through 2 doors. FORM DISSOLVE TO: SEQ. 175 - WALKING THE HIVE INT. HONEX LOBBY ANGLE ON: The log-flume photo, as Barry looks at it. ADAM Wow. That blew my mind. BARRY (annoyed) Whats the difference? Adam, how could you say that? One job forever? Thats an insane choice to have to make. ADAM Well, Im relieved. Now we only have to make one decision in life. BARRY But Adam, how could they never have told us that? ADAM Barry, why would you question anything? Were bees. Were the most perfectly functioning society on Earth. They walk by a newspaper stand with A SANDWICH BOARD READING: Bee Goes Berserk: Stings Seven Then Self. ANGLE ON: A BEE filling his cars gas tank from a honey pump. He fills his car some, then takes a swig for himself. NEWSPAPER BEE (to the bee guzzling gas) Hey! Barry and Adam begin to cross the street. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 10. BARRY Yeah but Adam, did you ever think that maybe things work a little too well around here? They stop in the middle of the street. The traffic moves perfectly around them. ADAM Like what? Give me one example. BARRY (thinks) …I dont know. But you know what Im talking about. They walk off. SEQ. 400 - MEET THE JOCKS SFX: The SOUND of Pollen Jocks. PAN DOWN from the Honex statue. J-GATE ANNOUNCER Please clear the gate. Royal Nectar Force on approach. Royal Nectar Force on approach. BARRY Wait a second. Check it out. Hey, hey, those are Pollen jocks. ADAM Wow. FOUR PATROL BEES FLY in through the hives giant Gothic entrance. The Patrol Bees are wearing fighter pilot helmets with black visors. ADAM (CONTD) Ive never seen them this close. BARRY They know what its like to go outside the hive. ADAM Yeah, but some of them dont come back. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 11. The nectar from the pollen jocks is removed from their backpacks, and loaded into trucks on their way to Honex. A SMALL CROWD forms around the Patrol Bees. Each one has a PIT CREW that takes their nectar. Lou Loduca hurries a pit crew along: LOU LODUCA You guys did great! Youre monsters. Youre sky freaks! I love it! I love it! SCHOOL GIRLS are jumping up and down and squealing nearby. BARRY I wonder where those guys have just been? ADAM I dont know. BARRY Their days not planned. Outside the hive, flying who-knows-where, doing who-knows-what. ADAM You cant just decide one day to be a Pollen Jock. You have to be bred for that. BARRY Right. Pollen Jocks cross in close proximity to Barry and Adam. Some pollen falls off, onto Barry and Adam. BARRY (CONTD) Look at that. Thats more pollen than you and I will ever see in a lifetime. ADAM (playing with the pollen) Its just a status symbol. I think bees make too big a deal out of it. BARRY Perhaps, unless youre wearing it, and the ladies see you wearing it. ANGLE ON: Two girl bees. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 12. ADAM Those ladies? Arent they our cousins too? BARRY Distant, distant. ANGLE ON: TWO POLLEN JOCKS. JACKSON Look at these two. SPLITZ Couple of Hive Harrys. JACKSON Lets have some fun with them. The pollen jocks approach. Barry and Adam continue to talk to the girls. GIRL 1 It must be so dangerous being a pollen jock. BARRY Oh yeah, one time a bear had me pinned up against a mushroom. He had one paw on my throat, and with the other he was slapping me back and forth across the face. GIRL 1 Oh my. BARRY I never thought Id knock him out. GIRL 2 (to Adam) And what were you doing during all of this? ADAM Obviously I was trying to alert the authorities. The girl swipes some pollen off of Adam with a finger. BARRY (re: pollen) I can autograph that if you want. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 13. JACKSON Little gusty out there today, wasnt it, comrades? BARRY Yeah. Gusty. BUZZ You know, were going to hit a sunflower patch about six miles from here tomorrow. BARRY Six miles, huh? ADAM (whispering) Barry. BUZZ Its a puddle-jump for us. But maybe youre not up for it. BARRY Maybe I am. ADAM (whispering louder) You are not! BUZZ Were going, oh-nine hundred at JGate. ADAM (re: j-gate) Whoa. BUZZ (leaning in, on top of Barry) What do you think, Buzzy Boy? Are you bee enough? BARRY I might be. It all depends on what oh-nine hundred means. CUT TO: SEQ. 450 - THE BALCONY "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 14. INT. BENSON HOUSE BALCONY - LATER Barry is standing on the balcony alone, looking out over the city. Martin Benson ENTERS, sneaks up behind Barry and gooses him in his ribs. MARTIN BENSON Honex! BARRY Oh, Dad. You surprised me. MARTIN BENSON (laughing) Have you decided what youre interested in, Son? BARRY Well, theres a lot of choices. MARTIN BENSON But you only get one. Martin LAUGHS. BARRY Dad, do you ever get bored doing the same job every day? MARTIN BENSON Son, let me tell you something about stirring. (making the stirring motion) You grab that stick and you just move it around, and you stir it around. You get yourself into a rhythm, its a beautiful thing. BARRY You know dad, the more I think about it, maybe the honey field just isnt right for me. MARTIN BENSON And you were thinking of what, making balloon animals? Thats a bad job for a guy with a stinger. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 15. BARRY Well no… MARTIN BENSON Janet, your sons not sure he wants to go into honey. JANET BENSON Oh Barry, you are so funny sometimes. BARRY Im not trying to be funny. MARTIN BENSON Youre not funny, youre going into honey. Our son, the stirrer. JANET BENSON Youre going to be a stirrer?! BARRY No ones listening to me. MARTIN BENSON Wait until you see the sticks I have for you. BARRY I can say anything I want right now. Im going to get an ant tattoo. JANET BENSON Lets open some fresh honey and celebrate. BARRY Maybe Ill pierce my thorax! MARTIN BENSON (toasting) To honey! BARRY Shave my antennae! JANET BENSON To honey! "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 16. BARRY Shack up with a grasshopper, get a gold tooth, and start calling everybody Dawg. CUT TO: SEQ. 760 - JOB PLACEMENT EXT. HONEX LOBBY - CONTINUOUS ANGLE ON: A BEE BUS STOP. One group of bees stands on the pavement, as another group hovers above them. A doubledecker bus pulls up. The hovering bees get on the top level, and the standing bees get on the bottom. Barry and Adam pull up outside of Honex. ADAM I cant believe were starting work today. BARRY Todays the day. Adam jumps out of the car. ADAM (O.C) Come on. All the good jobs will be gone. BARRY Yeah, right… ANGLE ON: A BOARD READING: JOB PLACEMENT BOARD. Buzzwell, the Bee Processor, is at the counter. Another BEE APPLICANT, SANDY SHRIMPKIN is EXITING. SANDY SHRIMPKIN Is it still available? BUZZWELL Hang on. (he looks at changing numbers on the board) Two left. And…one of thems yours. Congratulations Son, step to the side please. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 17. SANDY SHRIMPKIN Yeah! ADAM (to Sandy, leaving) What did you get? SANDY SHRIMPKIN Picking the crud out. That is stellar! ADAM Wow. BUZZWELL (to Adam and Barry) Couple of newbies? ADAM Yes Sir. Our first day. We are ready. BUZZWELL Well, step up and make your choice. ANGLE ON: A CHART listing the different sectors of Honex. Heating, Cooling, Viscosity, Krelman, Pollen Counting, Stunt Bee, Pouring, Stirrer, Humming, Regurgitating, Front Desk, Hair Removal, Inspector No. 7, Chef, Lint Coordinator, Stripe Supervisor, Antennae-ball polisher, Mite Wrangler, Swatting Counselor, Wax Monkey, Wing Brusher, Hive Keeper, Restroom Attendant. ADAM (to Barry) You want to go first? BARRY No, you go. ADAM Oh my. Whats available? BUZZWELL Restroom attendant is always open, and not for the reason you think. ADAM Any chance of getting on to the Krelman, Sir? BUZZWELL Sure, youre on. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 18. He plops the KRELMAN HAT onto Adams head. ANGLE ON: The job board. THE COLUMNS READ: OCCUPATION POSITIONS AVAILABLE, and STATUS. The middle column has numbers, and the right column has job openings flipping between open, pending, and closed. BUZZWELL (CONTD) Oh, Im sorry. The Krelman just closed out. ADAM Oh! He takes the hat off Adam. BUZZWELL Wax Monkeys always open. The Krelman goes from Closed to Open. BUZZWELL (CONTD) And the Krelman just opened up again. ADAM What happened? BUZZWELL Well, whenever a bee dies, thats an opening. (pointing at the board) See that? Hes dead, dead, another dead one, deady, deadified, two more dead. Dead from the neck up, dead from the neck down. But, thats life. ANGLE ON: Barrys disturbed expression. ADAM (feeling pressure to decide) Oh, this is so hard. Heating, cooling, stunt bee, pourer, stirrer, humming, inspector no. 7, lint coordinator, stripe supervisor, antenna-ball polisher, mite wrangler– Barry, Barry, what do you think I should– Barry? Barry? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 19. Barry is gone. CUT TO: SEQ. 775 - LOU LODUCA SPEECH EXT. J-GATE - SAME TIME Splitz, Jackson, Buzz, Lou and two other BEES are going through final pre-flight checks. Barry ENTERS. LOU LODUCA Alright, weve got the sunflower patch in quadrant nine. Geranium window box on Sutton Place… Barrys antennae rings, like a phone. ADAM (V.O) What happened to you? Where are you? Barry whispers throughout. BARRY Im going out. ADAM (V.O) Out? Out where? BARRY Out there. ADAM (V.O) (putting it together) Oh no. BARRY I have to, before I go to work for the rest of my life. ADAM (V.O) Youre going to die! Youre crazy! Hello? BARRY Oh, another call coming in. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 20. ADAM (V.O) Youre cra– Barry HANGS UP. ANGLE ON: Lou Loduca. LOU LODUCA If anyones feeling brave, theres a Korean Deli on 83rd that gets their roses today. BARRY (timidly) Hey guys. BUZZ Well, look at that. SPLITZ Isnt that the kid we saw yesterday? LOU LODUCA (to Barry) Hold it son, flight decks restricted. JACKSON Its okay Lou, were going to take him up. Splitz and Jackson CHUCKLE. LOU LODUCA Really? Feeling lucky, are ya? A YOUNGER SMALLER BEE THAN BARRY, CHET, runs up with a release waiver for Barry to sign. CHET Sign here. Here. Just initial that. Thank you. LOU LODUCA Okay, you got a rain advisory today and as you all know, bees cannot fly in rain. So be careful. As always, (reading off clipboard) watch your brooms, hockey sticks, dogs, birds, bears, and bats. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 21. Also, I got a couple reports of root beer being poured on us. Murphys in a home because of it, just babbling like a cicada. BARRY Thats awful. LOU LODUCA And a reminder for all you rookies, bee law number one, absolutely no talking to humans. Alright, launch positions! The Jocks get into formation, chanting as they move. LOU LODUCA (CONTD) Black and Yellow! JOCKS Hello! SPLITZ (to Barry) Are you ready for this, hot shot? BARRY Yeah. Yeah, bring it on. Barry NODS, terrified. BUZZ Wind! - CHECK! JOCK #1 Antennae! - CHECK! JOCK #2 Nectar pack! - CHECK! JACKSON Wings! - CHECK! SPLITZ Stinger! - CHECK! BARRY Scared out of my shorts - CHECK. LOU LODUCA Okay ladies, lets move it out. Everyone FLIPS their goggles down. Pit crew bees CRANK their wings, and remove the starting blocks. We hear loud HUMMING. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 22. LOU LODUCA (CONT'D) LOU LODUCA (CONTD) Pound those petunia's, you striped stem-suckers! All of you, drain those flowers! A FLIGHT DECK GUY in deep crouch hand-signals them out the archway as the backwash from the bee wings FLUTTERS his jump suit. Barry follows everyone. SEQ. 800 - FLYING WITH THE JOCKS The bees climb above tree tops in formation. Barry is euphoric. BARRY Whoa! Im out! I cant believe Im out! So blue. Ha ha ha! (a beat) I feel so fast…and free. (re: kites in the sky) Box kite! Wow! They fly by several bicyclists, and approach a patch of flowers. BARRY (CONT'D) Flowers! SPLITZ This is blue leader. We have roses visual. Bring it around thirty degrees and hold. BARRY (sotto) Roses. JACKSON Thirty degrees, roger, bringing it around. Many pollen jocks break off from the main group. They use their equipment to collect nectar from flowers. Barry flies down to watch the jocks collect the nectar. JOCK Stand to the side kid, its got a bit of a kick. The jock fires the gun, and recoils. Barry watches the gun fill up with nectar. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 23. BARRY Oh, that is one Nectar Collector. JOCK You ever see pollination up close? BARRY No, Sir. He takes off, and the excess pollen dust falls causing the flowers to come back to life. JOCK (as he pollinates) I pick some pollen up over here, sprinkle it over here, maybe a dash over there, pinch on that one…see that? Its a little bit of magic, aint it? The FLOWERS PERK UP as he pollinates. BARRY Wow. Thats amazing. Why do we do that? JOCK …thats pollen power, Kid. More pollen, more flowers, more nectar, more honey for us. BARRY Cool. The Jock WINKS at Barry. Barry rejoins the other jocks in the sky. They swoop in over a pond, kissing the surface. We see their image reflected in the water; theyre really moving. They fly over a fountain. BUZZ Im picking up a lot of bright yellow, could be daisies. Dont we need those? SPLITZ Copy that visual. We see what appear to be yellow flowers on a green field. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 24. They go into a deep bank and dive. BUZZ Hold on, one of these flowers seems to be on the move. SPLITZ Say again…Are you reporting a moving flower? BUZZ Affirmative. SEQ. 900 - TENNIS GAME The pollen jocks land. It is a tennis court with dozens of tennis balls. A COUPLE, VANESSA and KEN, plays tennis. The bees land right in the midst of a group of balls. KEN (O.C) That was on the line! The other bees start walking around amongst the immense, yellow globes. SPLITZ This is the coolest. What is it? They stop at a BALL on a white line and look up at it. JACKSON I dont know, but Im loving this color. SPLITZ (smelling tennis ball) Smells good. Not like a flower. But I like it. JACKSON Yeah, fuzzy. BUZZ Chemical-y. JACKSON Careful, guys, its a little grabby. Barry LANDS on a ball and COLLAPSES. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 25. BARRY Oh my sweet lord of bees. JACKSON Hey, candy brain, get off there! Barry attempts to pulls his legs off, but they stick. BARRY Problem! A tennis shoe and a hand ENTER FRAME. The hand picks up the ball with Barry underneath it. BARRY (CONT'D) Guys! BUZZ This could be bad. JACKSON Affirmative. Vanessa walks back to the service line, BOUNCES the ball. Each time it BOUNCES, the other bees cringe and GASP. ANGLE ON: Barry, terrified. Pure dumb luck, hes not getting squished. BARRY (with each bounce) Very close…Gonna Hurt…Mammas little boy. SPLITZ You are way out of position, rookie. ANGLE ON: Vanessa serving. We see Barry and the ball up against the racket as she brings it back. She tosses the ball into the air; Barrys eyes widen. The ball is STRUCK, and the rally is on. KEN Coming in at you like a missile! Ken HITS the ball back. Barry feels the g-forces. ANGLE ON: The Pollen Jocks watching Barry pass by them in SLOW MOTION. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 26. BARRY (in slow motion) Help me! JACKSON You know, I don't think these are flowers. SPLITZ Should we tell him? JACKSON I think he knows. BARRY (O.S) What is this?! Vanessa HITS a high arcing lob. Ken waits, poised for the return. We see Barry having trouble maneuvering the ball from fatigue. KEN (overly confident) Match point! ANGLE ON: Ken running up. He has a killer look in his eyes. Hes going to hit the ultimate overhead smash. KEN (CONT'D) You can just start packing up Honey, because I believe youre about to eat it! ANGLE ON: Pollen Jocks. JACKSON Ahem! Ken is distracted by the jock. KEN What? No! He misses badly. The ball rockets into oblivion. Barry is still hanging on. ANGLE ON: Ken, berating himself. KEN (CONTD) Oh, you cannot be serious. We hear the ball WHISTLING, and Barry SCREAMING. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 27. BARRY Yowser!!! SEQ. 1000 - SUV The ball flies through the air, and lands in the middle of the street. It bounces into the street again, and sticks in the grille of an SUV. INT. CAR ENGINE - CONTINUOUS BARRYS POV: the grille of the SUV sucks him up. He tumbles through a black tunnel, whirling vanes, and pistons. BARRY AHHHHHHHHHHH!! OHHHH!! EECHHH!! AHHHHHH!! Barry gets chilled by the A/C system, and sees a frozen grasshopper. BARRY (CONTD) (re: grasshopper) Eww, gross. CUT TO: INT. CAR - CONTINUOUS The car is packed with a typical suburban family: MOTHER, FATHER, eight-year old BOY, LITTLE GIRL in a car seat and a GRANDMOTHER. A big slobbery DOG is behind a grate. Barry pops into the passenger compartment, hitting the Mothers magazine. MOTHER Theres a bee in the car! They all notice the bee and start SCREAMING. BARRY Aaahhhh! Barry tumbles around the car. We see the faces from his POV. MOTHER Do something! "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 28. FATHER Im driving! Barry flies by the little girl in her CAR SEAT. She waves hello. LITTLE GIRL Hi, bee. SON Hes back here! Hes going to sting me! The car SWERVES around the road. Barry flies into the back, where the slobbery dog SNAPS at him. Barry deftly avoids the jaws and gross, flying SPITTLE. MOTHER Nobody move. If you dont move, he wont sting you. Freeze! Everyone in the car freezes. Barry freezes. They stare at each other, eyes going back and forth, waiting to see who will make the first move. Barry blinks. GRANNY He blinked! Granny pulls out a can of HAIR SPRAY. SON Spray him, Granny! Granny sprays the hair spray everywhere. FATHER What are you doing? GRANNY Its hair spray! Extra hold! MOTHER Kill it! Barry gets sprayed back by the hair spray, then sucked out of the sunroof. CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 29. EXT. CITY STREET - CONTINUOUS BARRY Wow. The tension level out here is unbelievable. Ive got to get home. As Barry flies down the street, it starts to RAIN. He nimbly avoids the rain at first. BARRY (CONTD) Whoa. Whoa! Cant fly in rain! Cant fly in rain! Cant fly in– A couple of drops hit him, his wings go limp and he starts falling. BARRY (CONT'D) Mayday! Mayday! Bee going down! Barry sees a window ledge and aims for it and just makes it. Shivering and exhausted, he crawls into an open window as it CLOSES. SEQ. 1100 - VANESSA SAVES BARRY INT. VANESSAS APARTMENT - CONTINUOUS Inside the window, Barry SHAKES off the rain like a dog. Vanessa, Ken, Andy, and Anna ENTER the apartment. VANESSA Ken, can you close the window please? KEN Huh? Oh. (to Andy) Hey, check out my new resume. I made it into a fold-out brochure. You see? It folds out. Ken holds up his brochure, with photos of himself, and a resume in the middle. ANGLE ON: Barry hiding behind the curtains, as Ken CLOSES THE WINDOW. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 30. BARRY Oh no, more humans. I dont need this. Barry HOVERS up into the air and THROWS himself into the glass. BARRY (CONTD) (dazed) Ow! What was that? He does it again, and then multiple more times. BARRY (CONT'D) Maybe this time…this time, this time, this time, this time, this time, this time, this time. Barry JUMPS onto the drapes. BARRY (CONT'D) (out of breath) Drapes! (then, re: glass) That is diabolical. KEN Its fantastic. Its got all my special skills, even my top ten favorite movies. ANDY Whats your number one? Star Wars? KEN Ah, I dont go for that, (makes Star Wars noises), kind of stuff. ANGLE ON: Barry. BARRY No wonder were not supposed to talk to them. Theyre out of their minds. KEN When I walk out of a job interview theyre flabbergasted. They cant believe the things I say. Barry looks around and sees the LIGHT BULB FIXTURE in the middle of the ceiling. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 31. BARRY (re: light bulb) Oh, theres the sun. Maybe thats a way out. Barry takes off and heads straight for the light bulb. His POV: The seventy-five watt label grows as he gets closer. BARRY (CONTD) I dont remember the sun having a big seventy five on it. Barry HITS the bulb and is KNOCKED SILLY. He falls into a BOWL OF GUACAMOLE. Andy dips his chip in the guacamole, taking Barry with it. ANGLE ON: Ken and Andy. KEN Ill tell you what. You know what? I predicted global warming. I could feel it getting hotter. At first I thought it was just me. Barrys POV: Giant human mouth opening. KEN (CONTD) Wait! Stop! Beeeeeee! ANNA Kill it! Kill it! They all JUMP up from their chairs. Andy looks around for something to use. Ken comes in for the kill with a big TIMBERLAND BOOT on each hand. KEN Stand back. These are winter boots. Vanessa ENTERS, and stops Ken from squashing Barry. VANESSA (grabs Kens arm) Wait. Dont kill him. CLOSE UP: on Barrys puzzled face. KEN You know Im allergic to them. This thing could kill me. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 32. VANESSA Why does his life have any less value than yours? She takes a GLASS TUMBLER and places it over Barry. KEN Why does his life have any less value than mine? Is that your statement? VANESSA Im just saying, all life has value. You dont know what hes capable of feeling. Barry looks up through the glass and watches this conversation, astounded. Vanessa RIPS Kens resume in half and SLIDES it under the glass. KEN (wistful) My brochure. Theres a moment of eye contact as she carries Barry to the window. She opens it and sets him free. VANESSA There you go, little guy. KEN (O.C) Im not scared of them. But, you know, its an allergic thing. ANDY (O.C) * Hey, why dont you put that on your * resume-brochure? * KEN (O.C) Its not funny, my whole face could puff up. ANDY (O.C) Make it one of your Special Skills. KEN (O.C) You know, knocking someone out is also a special skill. CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 33. EXT. WINDOWSILL - CONTINUOUS Barry stares over the window frame. He cant believe whats just happened. It is still RAINING. DISSOLVE TO: SEQ. 1200 - BARRY SPEAKS EXT. WINDOWSILL - LATER Barry is still staring through the window. Inside, everyones saying their good-byes. KEN Vanessa, next week? Yogurt night? VANESSA Uh, yeah sure Ken. You know, whatever. KEN You can put carob chips on there. VANESSA Good night. KEN (as he exits) Supposed to be less calories, or something. VANESSA Bye. She shuts the door. Vanessa starts cleaning up. BARRY Ive got to say something. She saved my life. Ive got to say something. Alright, here it goes. Barry flies in. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 34. INT. VANESSAS APARTMENT - CONTINUOUS Barry hides himself on different PRODUCTS placed along the kitchen shelves. He hides on a Bumblebee Tuna can, and a Greetings From Coney Island MUSCLE-MAN POSTCARD on the fridge. BARRY (on fridge) What would I say? (landing on a bottle) I could really get in trouble. He stands looking at Vanessa. BARRY (CONT'D) Its a bee law. Youre not supposed to talk to a human. I cant believe Im doing this. Ive got to. Oh, I cant do it! Come on! No, yes, no, do it! I cant. How should I start it? You like jazz? No, thats no good. Here she comes. Speak, you fool. As Vanessa walks by, Barry takes a DEEP BREATH. BARRY (CONTD) (cheerful) Umm…hi. Vanessa DROPS A STACK OF DISHES, and HOPS BACK. BARRY (CONTD) Im sorry. VANESSA Youre talking. BARRY Yes, I know, I know. VANESSA Youre talking. BARRY I know, Im sorry. Im so sorry. VANESSA Its okay. Its fine. Its just, I know Im dreaming, but I dont recall going to bed. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 35. BARRY Well, you know Im sure this is very disconcerting. VANESSA Well yeah. I mean this is a bit of a surprise to me. I mean…youre a bee. BARRY Yeah, I am a bee, and you know Im not supposed to be doing this, but they were all trying to kill me and if it wasnt for you…I mean, I had to thank you. Its just the way I was raised. Vanessa intentionally JABS her hand with a FORK. VANESSA Ow! BARRY That was a little weird. VANESSA (to herself) Im talking to a bee. BARRY Yeah. VANESSA Im talking to a bee. BARRY Anyway… VANESSA And a bee is talking to me… BARRY I just want you to know that Im grateful, and Im going to leave now. VANESSA Wait, wait, wait, wait, how did you learn to do that? BARRY What? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 36. VANESSA The talking thing. BARRY Same way you did, I guess. Mama, Dada, honey, you pick it up. VANESSA Thats very funny. BARRY Yeah. Bees are funny. If we didnt laugh, wed cry. With what we have to deal with. Vanessa LAUGHS. BARRY (CONTD) Anyway. VANESSA Can I, uh, get you something? BARRY Like what? VANESSA I dont know. I mean, I dont know. Coffee? BARRY Well, uh, I dont want to put you out. VANESSA Its no trouble. BARRY Unless youre making anyway. VANESSA Oh, it takes two minutes. BARRY Really? VANESSA Its just coffee. BARRY I hate to impose. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 37. VANESSA Dont be ridiculous. BARRY Actually, I would love a cup. VANESSA Hey, you want a little rum cake? BARRY I really shouldnt. VANESSA Have a little rum cake. BARRY No, no, no, I cant. VANESSA Oh, come on. BARRY You know, Im trying to lose a couple micrograms here. VANESSA Where? BARRY Well… These stripes dont help. VANESSA You look great. BARRY I dont know if you know anything about fashion. Vanessa starts POURING the coffee through an imaginary cup and directly onto the floor. BARRY (CONT'D) Are you alright? VANESSA No. DISSOLVE TO: SEQ. 1300 - ROOFTOP COFFEE "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 38. EXT. VANESSAS ROOF - LATER Barry and Vanessa are drinking coffee on her roof terrace. He is perched on her keychain. BARRY …He cant get a taxi. Hes making the tie in the cab, as theyre flying up Madison. So he finally gets there. VANESSA Uh huh? BARRY He runs up the steps into the church, the wedding is on… VANESSA Yeah? BARRY …and he says, watermelon? I thought you said Guatemalan. VANESSA Uh huh? BARRY Why would I marry a watermelon? Barry laughs. Vanessa doesnt. VANESSA Oh! Is that, uh, a bee joke? BARRY Yeah, thats the kind of stuff that we do. VANESSA Yeah, different. A BEAT. VANESSA (CONTD) So anyway…what are you going to do, Barry? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 39. BARRY About work? I dont know. I want to do my part for the hive, but I cant do it the way they want. VANESSA I know how you feel. BARRY You do? VANESSA Sure, my parents wanted me to be a lawyer or doctor, but I wanted to be a florist. BARRY Really? VANESSA My only interest is flowers. BARRY Our new queen was just elected with that same campaign slogan. VANESSA Oh. BARRY Anyway, see theres my hive, right there. You can see it. VANESSA Oh, youre in Sheep Meadow. BARRY (excited) Yes! You know the turtle pond? VANESSA Yes? BARRY Im right off of that. VANESSA Oh, no way. I know that area. Do you know I lost a toe-ring there once? BARRY Really? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 40. VANESSA Yes. BARRY Why do girls put rings on their toes? VANESSA Why not? BARRY I dont know. Its like putting a hat on your knee. VANESSA Really? Okay. A JANITOR in the background changes a LIGHTBULB. To him, it appears that Vanessa is talking to an imaginary friend. JANITOR You all right, maam? VANESSA Oh, yeah, fine. Just having two cups of coffee. BARRY Anyway, this has been great. (wiping his mouth) Thanks for the coffee. Barry gazes at Vanessa. VANESSA Oh yeah, its no trouble. BARRY Sorry I couldnt finish it. Vanessa giggles. BARRY (CONT'D) (re: coffee) If I did, Id be up the rest of my life. Ummm. Can I take a piece of this with me? VANESSA Sure. Here, have a crumb. She takes a CRUMB from the plate and hands it to Barry. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 41. BARRY (a little dreamy) Oh, thanks. VANESSA Yeah. There is an awkward pause. BARRY Alright, well then, I guess Ill see you around, or not, or… VANESSA Okay Barry. BARRY And thank you so much again, for before. VANESSA Oh that? BARRY Yeah. VANESSA Oh, that was nothing. BARRY Well, not nothing, but, anyway… Vanessa extends her hand, and shakes Barrys gingerly. The Janitor watches. The lightbulb shorts out. The Janitor FALLS. CUT TO: SEQ. 1400 - HONEX INT. HONEX BUILDING - NEXT DAY ANGLE ON: A TEST BEE WEARING A PARACHUTE is in a wind tunnel, hovering through increasingly heavy wind. SIGNS UNDER A FLASHING LIGHT READ: Test In Progress & Hurricane Survival Test. 2 BEES IN A LAB COATS are observing behind glass. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 42. LAB COAT BEE 1 This cant possibly work. LAB COAT BEE 2 Well, hes all set to go, we may as well try it. (into the mic) Okay Dave, pull the chute. The test bee opens his parachute. Hes instantly blown against the rear wall. Adam and Barry ENTER. ADAM Sounds amazing. BARRY Oh, it was amazing. It was the scariest, happiest moment of my life. ADAM Humans! Humans! I cant believe you were with humans! Giant scary humans! What were they like? BARRY Huge and crazy. They talk crazy, they eat crazy giant things. They drive around real crazy. ADAM And do they try and kill you like on TV? BARRY Some of them. But some of them dont. ADAM Howd you get back? BARRY Poodle. ADAM Look, you did it. And Im glad. You saw whatever you wanted to see out there, you had your experience, and now youre back, you can pick out your job, and everything can be normal. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 43. ANGLE ON: LAB BEES examining a CANDY CORN through a microscope. BARRY Well… ADAM Well? BARRY Well, I met someone. ADAM You met someone? Was she Bee-ish? BARRY Mmm. ADAM Not a WASP? Your parents will kill you. BARRY No, no, no, not a wasp. ADAM Spider? BARRY You know, Im not attracted to the spiders. I know to everyone else its like the hottest thing with the eight legs and all. I cant get by that face. Barry makes a spider face. ADAM So, who is she? BARRY Shes a human. ADAM Oh no, no, no, no. That didnt happen. You didnt do that. That is a bee law. You wouldnt break a bee law. BARRY Her names Vanessa. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 44. ADAM Oh, oh boy! BARRY Shes so-o nice. And shes a florist! ADAM Oh, no. No, no, no! Youre dating a human florist? BARRY Were not dating. ADAM Youre flying outside the hive. Youre talking to human beings that attack our homes with power washers and M-80s. Thats 1/8 of a stick of dynamite. BARRY She saved my life. And she understands me. ADAM This is over. Barry pulls out the crumb. BARRY Eat this. Barry stuffs the crumb into Adams face. ADAM This is not over. What was that? BARRY They call it a crumb. ADAM That was SO STINGING STRIPEY! BARRY And thats not even what they eat. That just falls off what they eat. Do you know what a Cinnabon is? ADAM No. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 45. BARRY Its bread… ADAM Come in here! BARRY and cinnamon, ADAM Be quiet! BARRY and frosting…they heat it up– ADAM Sit down! INT. ADAMS OFFICE - CONTINUOUS BARRY Really hot! ADAM Listen to me! We are not them. Were us. Theres us and theres them. BARRY Yes, but who can deny the heart that is yearning… Barry rolls his chair down the corridor. ADAM Theres no yearning. Stop yearning. Listen to me. You have got to start thinking bee, my friend. ANOTHER BEE JOINS IN. ANOTHER BEE Thinking bee. WIDER SHOT AS A 3RD BEE ENTERS, popping up over the cubicle wall. 3RD BEE Thinking bee. EVEN WIDER SHOT AS ALL THE BEES JOIN IN. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 46. OTHER BEES Thinking bee. Thinking bee. Thinking bee. CUT TO: SEQ. 1500 - POOLSIDE NAGGING EXT. BACKYARD PARENTS HOUSE - DAY Barry sits on a RAFT in a hexagon honey pool, legs dangling into the water. Janet Benson and Martin Benson stand over him wearing big, sixties sunglasses and cabana-type outfits. The sun shines brightly behind their heads. JANET BENSON (O.C) There he is. Hes in the pool. MARTIN BENSON You know what your problem is, Barry? BARRY Ive got to start thinking bee? MARTIN BENSON Barry, how much longer is this going to go on? Its been three days. I dont understand why youre not working. BARRY Well, Ive got a lot of big life decisions Im thinking about. MARTIN BENSON What life? You have no life! You have no job! Youre barely a bee! Barry throws his hands in the air. BARRY Augh. JANET BENSON Would it kill you to just make a little honey? Barry ROLLS off the raft and SINKS to the bottom of the pool. We hear his parents MUFFLED VOICES from above the surface. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 47. JANET BENSON (CONT'D) (muffled) Barry, come out from under there. Your fathers talking to you. Martin, would you talk to him? MARTIN BENSON Barry, Im talking to you. DISSOLVE TO: EXT. PICNIC AREA - DAY MUSIC: Sugar Sugar by the Archies. Barry and Vanessa are having a picnic. A MOSQUITO lands on Vanessas leg. She SWATS it violently. Barrys head whips around, aghast. They stare at each other awkwardly in a frozen moment, then BURST INTO HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER. Vanessa GETS UP. VANESSA You coming? BARRY Got everything? VANESSA All set. Vanessa gets into a one-man Ultra Light plane with a black and yellow paint scheme. She puts on her helmet. BARRY You go ahead, Ill catch up. VANESSA (come hither wink) Dont be too long. The Ultra Light takes off. Barry catches up. They fly sideby-side. VANESSA (CONTD) Watch this! Vanessa does a loop, and FLIES right into the side of a mountain, BURSTING into a huge ball of flames. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 48. BARRY (yelling, anguished) Vanessa! EXT. BARRYS PARENTS HOUSE - CONTINUOUS ANGLE ON: Barrys face bursting through the surface of the pool, GASPING for air, eyes opening in horror. MARTIN BENSON Were still here, Barry. JANET BENSON I told you not to yell at him. He doesnt respond when you yell at him. MARTIN BENSON Then why are you yelling at me? JANET BENSON Because you dont listen. MARTIN BENSON Im not listening to this. Barry is toweling off, putting on his sweater. BARRY Sorry Mom, Ive got to go. JANET BENSON Where are you going? BARRY Nowhere. Im meeting a friend. Barry JUMPS off the balcony and EXITS. JANET BENSON (calling after him) A girl? Is this why you cant decide? BARRY Bye! JANET BENSON I just hope shes Bee-ish. CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 49. SEQ. 1700 - STREETWALK/SUPERMARKET EXT. VANESSAS FLORIST SHOP - DAY Vanessa FLIPS the sign to say Sorry We Missed You, and locks the door. ANGLE ON: A POSTER on Vanessas door for the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena. BARRY So they have a huge parade of just flowers every year in Pasadena? VANESSA Oh, to be in the Tournament of Roses, thats every florists dream. Up on a float, surrounded by flowers, crowds cheering. BARRY Wow, a tournament. Do the roses actually compete in athletic events? VANESSA No. Alright, Ive got one. How come you dont fly everywhere? BARRY Its exhausting. Why dont you run everywhere? VANESSA Hmmm. BARRY Isnt that faster? VANESSA Yeah, okay. I see, I see. Alright, your turn. Barry and Vanessa walk/fly down a New York side street, no other pedestrians near them. BARRY Ah! Tivo. You can just freeze live TV? Thats insane. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 50. VANESSA What, you dont have anything like that? BARRY We have Hivo, but its a disease. Its a horrible, horrible disease. VANESSA Oh my. They turn the corner onto a busier avenue and people start to swat at Barry. MAN Dumb bees! VANESSA You must just want to sting all those jerks. BARRY We really try not to sting. Its usually fatal for us. VANESSA So you really have to watch your temper? They ENTER a SUPERMARKET. CUT TO: INT. SUPERMARKET BARRY Oh yeah, very carefully. You kick a wall, take a walk, write an angry letter and throw it out. You work through it like any emotion– anger, jealousy, (under his breath) lust. Barry hops on top of some cardboard boxes in the middle of an aisle. A stock boy, HECTOR, whacks him with a rolled up magazine. VANESSA (to Barry) Oh my goodness. Are you okay? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 51. BARRY Yeah. Whew! Vanessa WHACKS Hector over the head with the magazine. VANESSA (to Hector) What is wrong with you?! HECTOR Its a bug. VANESSA Well hes not bothering anybody. Get out of here, you creep. Vanessa pushes him, and Hector EXITS, muttering. BARRY (shaking it off) What was that, a Pick and Save circular? VANESSA Yeah, it was. How did you know? BARRY It felt like about ten pages. Seventy-fives pretty much our limit. VANESSA Boy, youve really got that down to a science. BARRY Oh, we have to. I lost a cousin to Italian Vogue. VANESSA Ill bet. Barry stops, sees the wall of honey jars. BARRY What, in the name of Mighty Hercules, is this? How did this get here? Cute Bee? Golden Blossom? Ray Liotta Private Select? VANESSA Is he that actor? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 52. BARRY I never heard of him. Why is this here? VANESSA For people. We eat it. BARRY Why? (gesturing around the market) You dont have enough food of your own? VANESSA Well yes, we– BARRY How do you even get it? VANESSA Well, bees make it… BARRY I know who makes it! And its hard to make it! Theres Heating and Cooling, and Stirring…you need a whole Krelman thing. VANESSA Its organic. BARRY Its our-ganic! VANESSA Its just honey, Barry. BARRY Just…what?! Bees dont know about this. This is stealing. A lot of stealing! Youve taken our homes, our schools, our hospitals. This is all we have. And its on sale? Im going to get to the bottom of this. Im going to get to the bottom of all of this! He RIPS the label off the Ray Liotta Private Select. CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 53. SEQ. 1800 - WINDSHIELD EXT. BACK OF SUPERMARKET LOADING DOCK - LATER THAT DAY Barry disguises himself by blacking out his yellow lines with a MAGIC MARKER and putting on some war paint. He sees Hector, the stock boy, with a knife CUTTING open cardboard boxes filled with honey jars. MAN You almost done? HECTOR Almost. Barry steps in some honey, making a SNAPPING noise. Hector stops and turns. HECTOR (CONTD) He is here. I sense it. Hector grabs his BOX CUTTER. Barry REACTS, hides himself behind the box again. HECTOR (CONTD) (talking too loud, to no one in particular) Well, I guess Ill go home now, and just leave this nice honey out, with no one around. A BEAT. Hector pretends to exit. He takes a couple of steps in place. ANGLE ON: The honey jar. Barry steps out into a moody spotlight. BARRY Youre busted, box boy! HECTOR Ah ha! I knew I heard something. So, you can talk. Barry flies up, stinger out, pushing Hector up against the wall. As Hector backs up, he drops his knife. BARRY Oh, I can talk. And now youre going to start talking. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 54. Where are you getting all the sweet stuff? Whos your supplier?! HECTOR I dont know what youre talking about. I thought we were all friends. The last thing we want to do is upset any of you…bees! Hector grabs a PUSHPIN. Barry fences with his stinger. HECTOR (CONTD) Youre too late. Its ours now! BARRY You, sir, have crossed the wrong sword. HECTOR You, sir, are about to be lunch for my iguana, Ignacio! Barry and Hector get into a cross-swords, nose-to-nose confrontation. BARRY Where is the honey coming from? Barry knocks the pushpin out of his hand. Barry puts his stinger up to Hectors nose. BARRY (CONT'D) Tell me where?! HECTOR (pointing to a truck) Honey Farms. It comes from Honey Farms. ANGLE ON: A Honey Farms truck leaving the parking lot. Barry turns, takes off after the truck through an alley. He follows the truck out onto a busy street, dodging a bus, and several cabs. CABBIE Crazy person! He flies through a metal pipe on the top of a truck. BARRY OOOHHH! "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 55. BARRY (CONT'D) Barry grabs onto a bicycle messengers backpack. The honey farms truck starts to pull away. Barry uses the bungee cord to slingshot himself towards the truck. He lands on the windshield, where the wind plasters him to the glass. He looks up to find himself surrounded by what appear to be DEAD BUGS. He climbs across, working his way around the bodies. BARRY (CONTD) Oh my. What horrible thing has happened here? Look at these faces. They never knew what hit them. And now theyre on the road to nowhere. A MOSQUITO opens his eyes. MOOSEBLOOD Pssst! Just keep still. BARRY What? Youre not dead? MOOSEBLOOD Do I look dead? Hey man, they will wipe anything that moves. Now, where are you headed? BARRY To Honey Farms. I am onto something huge here. MOOSEBLOOD Im going to Alaska. Moose blood. Crazy stuff. Blows your head off. LADYBUG Im going to Tacoma. BARRY (to fly) What about you? MOOSEBLOOD He really is dead. BARRY Alright. The WIPER comes towards them. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 56. MOOSEBLOOD Uh oh. BARRY What is that? MOOSEBLOOD Oh no! Its a wiper, triple blade! BARRY Triple blade? MOOSEBLOOD Jump on. Its your only chance, bee. They hang on as the wiper goes back and forth. MOOSEBLOOD (CONT'D) (yelling to the truck driver through the glass) Why does everything have to be so dog-gone clean?! How much do you people need to see? Open your eyes! Stick your head out the window! CUT TO: INT. TRUCK CAB SFX: Radio. RADIO VOICE For NPR News in Washington, Im Carl Kasell. EXT. TRUCK WINDSHIELD MOOSEBLOOD But dont kill no more bugs! The Mosquito is FLUNG off of the wiper. MOOSEBLOOD (CONT'D) Beeeeeeeeeeeeee! BARRY Moose blood guy! "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 57. Barry slides toward the end of the wiper, is thrown off, but he grabs the AERIAL and hangs on for dear life. Barry looks across and sees a CRICKET on another vehicle in the exact same predicament. They look at each other and SCREAM in unison. BARRY AND CRICKET Aaaaaaaaaah! ANOTHER BUG grabs onto the aerial, and screams as well. INT. TRUCK CAB - SAME TIME DRIVER You hear something? TRUCKER PASSENGER Like what? DRIVER Like tiny screaming. TRUCKER PASSENGER Turn off the radio. The driver reaches down and PRESSES a button, lowering the aerial. EXT. TRUCK WINDSHIELD - SAME TIME Barry and the other bug do a choose up to the bottom, Barry wins. BARRY Aha! Then he finally has to let go and gets thrown into the truck horn atop cab. Mooseblood is inside. MOOSEBLOOD Hey, whats up bee boy? BARRY Hey, Blood! DISSOLVE TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 58. INT. TRUCK HORN - LATER BARRY …and it was just an endless row of honey jars as far as the eye could see. MOOSEBLOOD Wow. BARRY So Im just assuming wherever this honey truck goes, thats where theyre getting it. I mean, that honeys ours! MOOSEBLOOD Bees hang tight. BARRY Well, were all jammed in there. Its a close community. MOOSEBLOOD Not us, man. Were on our own. Every mosquito is on his own. BARRY But what if you get in trouble? MOOSEBLOOD Trouble? You're a mosquito. You're in trouble! Nobody likes us. Theyre just all smacking. People see a mosquito, smack, smack! BARRY At least youre out in the world. You must meet a lot of girls. MOOSEBLOOD Mosquito girls try to trade up; get with a moth, dragonfly…mosquito girl dont want no mosquito. A BLOOD MOBILE pulls up alongside. MOOSEBLOOD (CONT'D) Whoa, you have got to be kidding me. Moosebloods about to leave the building. So long bee. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 59. Mooseblood EXITS the horn, and jumps onto the blood mobile. MOOSEBLOOD (CONT'D) Hey guys. I knew Id catch you all down here. Did you bring your crazy straws? CUT TO: SEQ. 1900 - THE APIARY EXT. APIARY - LATER Barry sees a SIGN, Honey Farms The truck comes to a stop. SFX: The Honey farms truck blares its horn. Barry flies out, lands on the hood. ANGLE ON: Two BEEKEEPERS, FREDDY and ELMO, walking around to the back of the gift shop. Barry follows them, and lands in a nearby tree FREDDY …then we throw it in some jars, slap a label on it, and its pretty much pure profit. BARRY What is this place? ELMO Bees got a brain the size of a pinhead. FREDDY They are pinheads. The both LAUGH. ANGLE ON: Barry REACTING. They arrive at the back of the shop where one of them opens a SMOKER BOX. FREDDY (CONTD) Hey, check out the new smoker. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 60. ELMO Oh, Sweet. Thats the one you want. FREDDY The Thomas 3000. BARRY Smoker? FREDDY 90 puffs a minute, semi-automatic. Twice the nicotine, all the tar. They LAUGH again, nefariously. FREDDY (CONTD) Couple of breaths of this, and it knocks them right out. They make the honey, and we make the money. BARRY They make the honey, and we make the money? Barry climbs onto the netting of Freddys hat. He climbs up to the brim and looks over the edge. He sees the apiary boxes as Freddy SMOKES them. BARRY (CONT'D) Oh my. As Freddy turns around, Barry jumps into an open apiary box, and into an apartment. HOWARD and FRAN are just coming to from the smoking. BARRY (CONTD) Whats going on? Are you okay? HOWARD Yeah, it doesnt last too long. HE COUGHS a few times. BARRY How did you two get here? Do you know youre in a fake hive with fake walls? HOWARD (pointing to a picture on the wall) "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 61. Our queen was moved here, we had no choice. BARRY (looking at a picture on the wall) This is your queen? Thats a man in womens clothes. Thats a dragqueen! The other wall opens. Barry sees the hundreds of apiary boxes. BARRY (CONT'D) What is this? Barry pulls out his camera, and starts snapping. BARRY (CONTD) Oh no. Theres hundreds of them. (V.O, as Barry takes pictures) Bee honey, our honey, is being brazenly stolen on a massive scale. CUT TO: SEQ. 2100 - BARRY TELLS FAMILY INT. BARRYS PARENTS HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - LATER Barry has assembled his parents, Adam, and Uncle Carl. BARRY This is worse than anything the bears have done to us. And I intend to do something about it. JANET BENSON Oh Barry, stop. MARTIN BENSON Who told you that humans are taking our honey? Thats just a rumor. BARRY Do these look like rumors? Barry throws the PICTURES on the table. Uncle Carl, cleaning his glasses with his shirt tail, digs through a bowl of nuts with his finger. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 62. HOWARD (CONT'D) UNCLE CARL Thats a conspiracy theory. These are obviously doctored photos. JANET BENSON Barry, how did you get mixed up in all this? ADAM (jumping up) Because hes been talking to humans! JANET BENSON Whaaat? MARTIN BENSON Talking to humans?! Oh Barry. ADAM He has a human girlfriend and they make out! JANET BENSON Make out? Barry? BARRY We do not. ADAM You wish you could. BARRY Whos side are you on? ADAM The bees! Uncle Carl stands up and pulls his pants up to his chest. UNCLE CARL I dated a cricket once in San Antonio. Man, those crazy legs kept me up all night. Hotcheewah! JANET BENSON Barry, this is what you want to do with your life? BARRY This is what I want to do for all our lives. Nobody works harder than bees. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 63. Dad, I remember you coming home some nights so overworked, your hands were still stirring. You couldnt stop them. MARTIN BENSON Ehhh… JANET BENSON (to Martin) I remember that. BARRY What right do they have to our hardearned honey? Were living on two cups a year. Theyre putting it in lip balm for no reason what-soever. MARTIN BENSON Even if its true, Barry, what could one bee do? BARRY Im going to sting them where it really hurts. MARTIN BENSON In the face? BARRY No. MARTIN BENSON In the eye? That would really hurt. BARRY No. MARTIN BENSON Up the nose? Thats a killer. BARRY No. Theres only one place you can sting the humans. One place where it really matters. CUT TO: SEQ. 2300 - HIVE AT 5 NEWS/BEE LARRY KING "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 64. BARRY (CONT'D) INT. NEWS STUDIO - DAY DRAMATIC NEWS MUSIC plays as the opening news sequence rolls. We see the Hive at Five logo, followed by shots of past news events: A BEE freeway chase, a BEE BEARD protest rally, and a BEAR pawing at the hive as the BEES flee in panic. BOB BUMBLE (V.O.) Hive at Five, the hives only full hour action news source… SHOTS of NEWSCASTERS flash up on screen. BOB BUMBLE (V.O.) (CONT'D) With Bob Bumble at the anchor desk… BOB has a big shock of anchorman hair, gray temples and overly white teeth. BOB BUMBLE (V.O.) (CONT'D) …weather with Storm Stinger, sports with Buzz Larvi, and Jeanette Chung. JEANETTE is an Asian bee. BOB BUMBLE (CONT'D) Good evening, Im Bob Bumble. JEANETTE CHUNG And Im Jeanette Chung. BOB BUMBLE Our top story, a tri-county bee, Barry Benson… INSERT: Barrys graduation picture. BOB BUMBLE (CONT'D) …is saying he intends to sue the human race for stealing our honey, packaging it, and profiting from it illegally. CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 65. INT. BEENN STUDIO - BEE LARRY KING LIVE BEE LARRY KING, wearing suspenders and glasses, is interviewing Barry. A LOWER-THIRD CHYRON reads: Bee Larry King Live. BEE LARRY KING Dont forget, tomorrow night on Bee Larry King, we are going to have three former Queens all right here in our studio discussing their new book, Classy Ladies, out this week on Hexagon. (to Barry) Tonight, were talking to Barry Benson. Did you ever think, Im just a kid from the hive, I cant do this? BARRY Larry, bees have never been afraid to change the world. I mean, what about Bee-Columbus? Bee-Ghandi? Be-geesus? BEE LARRY KING Well, where Im from you wouldnt think of suing humans. We were thinking more like stick ball, candy stores. BARRY How old are you? BEE LARRY KING I want you to know that the entire bee community is supporting you in this case, which is certain to be the trial of the bee century. BARRY Thank you, Larry. You know, they have a Larry King in the human world, too. BEE LARRY KING Its a common name. Next week on Bee Larry King… "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 66. BARRY No, I mean he looks like you. And he has a show with suspenders and different colored dots behind him. BEE LARRY KING Next week on Bee Larry King… BARRY Old guy glasses, and theres quotes along the bottom from the guest youre watching even though you just heard them… BEE LARRY KING Bear week next week! Theyre scary, theyre hairy, and theyre here live. Bee Larry King EXITS. BARRY Always leans forward, pointy shoulders, squinty eyes… (lights go out) Very Jewish. CUT TO: SEQ. 2400 - FLOWER SHOP INT. VANESSAS FLOWER SHOP - NIGHT Stacks of law books are piled up, legal forms, etc. Vanessa is talking with Ken in the other room. KEN Look, in tennis, you attack at the point of weakness. VANESSA But it was my grandmother, Ken. Shes 81. KEN Honey, her backhands a joke. Im not going to take advantage of that? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 67. BARRY (O.C) Quiet please. Actual work going on here. KEN Is that that same bee? BARRY (O.C) Yes it is. VANESSA Im helping him sue the human race. KEN What? Barry ENTERS. BARRY Oh, hello. KEN Hello Bee. Barry flies over to Vanessa. VANESSA This is Ken. BARRY Yeah, I remember you. Timberland, size 10 1/2, Vibram sole I believe. KEN Why does he talk again, Hun? VANESSA (to Ken, sensing the tension) Listen, youd better go because were really busy working. KEN But its our yogurt night. VANESSA (pushing him out the door) Oh…bye bye. She CLOSES the door. KEN Why is yogurt night so difficult?! "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 68. Vanessa ENTERS the back room carrying coffee. VANESSA Oh you poor thing, you two have been at this for hours. BARRY Yes, and Adam here has been a huge help. ANGLE ON: A EMPTY CINNABON BOX with Adam asleep inside, covered in frosting. VANESSA How many sugars? BARRY Just one. I try not to use the competition. So, why are you helping me, anyway? VANESSA Bees have good qualities. BARRY (rowing on the sugar cube like a gondola) Si, Certo. VANESSA And it feels good to take my mind off the shop. I dont know why, instead of flowers, people are giving balloon bouquets now. BARRY Yeah, those are great…if youre 3. VANESSA And artificial flowers. BARRY (re: plastic flowers) Oh, they just get me psychotic! VANESSA Yeah, me too. BARRY The bent stingers, the pointless pollination. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 69. VANESSA Bees must hate those fake plastic things. BARRY Theres nothing worse than a daffodil thats had work done. VANESSA (holding up the lawsuit documents) Well, maybe this can make up for it a little bit. CUT TO: EXT. VANESSAS FLORIST SHOP They EXIT the store, and cross to the mailbox. VANESSA You know Barry, this lawsuit is a pretty big deal. BARRY I guess. VANESSA Are you sure that you want to go through with it? BARRY Am I sure? (kicking the envelope into the mailbox) When Im done with the humans, they wont be able to say, Honey, Im home, without paying a royalty. CUT TO: SEQ. 2700 - MEET MONTGOMERY EXT. MANHATTAN COURTHOUSE - DAY P.O.V SHOT - A camera feed turns on, revealing a newsperson. "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 70. PRESS PERSON #2 (talking to camera) Sarah, its an incredible scene here in downtown Manhattan where all eyes and ears of the world are anxiously waiting, because for the first time in history, were going to hear for ourselves if a honey bee can actually speak. ANGLE ON: Barry, Vanessa, and Adam getting out of the cab. The press spots Barry and Vanessa and pushes in. Adam sits on Vanessas shoulder. INT. COURTHOUSE - CONTINUOUS Barry, Vanessa, and Adam sit at the Plaintiffs Table. VANESSA (turns to Barry) What have we gotten into here, Barry? BARRY I dont know, but its pretty big, isnt it? ADAM I cant believe how many humans dont have to be at work during the day. BARRY Hey, you think these billion dollar multinational food companies have good lawyers? CUT TO: EXT. COURTHOUSE STEPS - CONTINUOUS A BIG BLACK CAR pulls up. ANGLE ON: the grill filling the frame. We see the L.T.M monogram on the hood ornament. The defense lawyer, LAYTON T. MONTGOMERY comes out, squashing a bug on the pavement. CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 71. INT. COURTHOUSE - CONTINUOUS Barry SHUDDERS. VANESSA Whats the matter? BARRY I dont know. I just got a chill. Montgomery ENTERS. He walks by Barrys table shaking a honey packet. MONTGOMERY Well, if it isnt the B-Team. (re: the honey packet) Any of you boys work on this? He CHUCKLES. The JUDGE ENTERS. SEQ. 3000 - WITNESSES BAILIFF All rise! The Honorable Judge Bumbleton presiding. JUDGE (shuffling papers) Alright…Case number 4475, Superior Court of New York. Barry Bee Benson vs. the honey industry, is now in session. Mr. Montgomery, you are representing the five major food companies, collectively. ANGLE ON: Montgomerys BRIEFCASE. It has an embossed emblem of an EAGLE, holding a gavel in one talon and a briefcase in the other. MONTGOMERY A privilege. JUDGE Mr. Benson. Barry STANDS. JUDGE (CONTD) You are representing all bees of the world? "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 72. Montgomery, the stenographer, and the jury lean in. CUT TO: EXT. COURTHOUSE - CONTINUOUS The spectators outside freeze. The helicopters angle forward to listen closely. CUT TO: INT. COURTHOUSE BARRY Bzzz bzzz bzzz…Ahh, Im kidding, Im kidding. Yes, your honor. We are ready to proceed. ANGLE ON: Courtroom hub-bub. JUDGE And Mr. Montgomery, your opening statement, please. Montgomery rises. MONTGOMERY (grumbles, clears his throat) Ladies and gentlemen of th

Posted by: lapras
Date: 2020-07-12 22:15:18
are girls real?

Date: 2020-07-12 22:15:49
is she real please tell me

Date: 2020-07-12 22:16:32
female? femoid? foid? all the same

Date: 2020-07-12 22:17:36
what about her is she real she has to be real

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2020-07-12 22:18:37
I got one question then about our profiles on here then….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHBD1J3Oo0s

Date: 2020-07-12 22:18:56

foid?

Posted by: CasualPokePlayer
Date: 2020-07-12 22:19:51
{Open, black screen}

{Start nature sound effects}

{Cue Castle screen}

{Fade to black}

{Cue lion roar in the background, calling the animals to gather
to Pride Rock for the Ceremony.}

[THE CIRCLE OF LIFE]

[  MS: Male Singer
    BS: Background Singer
    FS: Female Singer (lead) ]

{Sunrise on African grassland (lightly treed), in time with
opening chant to The Circle of Life}

MS: Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba    [Here comes a lion, Father]

BS: Sithi uhm ingonyama            [Oh yes, it's a lion]

{Various shots of animals raising their heads at the sunrise:
rhinos, antelope, a cheetah, meerkats, storks…}

MS: Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba    [Here comes a lion, Father]

BS: Sithi uhhmm ingonyama            [Oh yes, it's a lion]

Ingonyama

MS: Siyo Nqoba                      [We're going to conquer]

BS: Ingonyama
    Ingonyama nengw' enamabala      [A lion and a leopard come to this open place]
    {repeats 5}

Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (Se-to-kwa!)
    Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (Asana)
    {repeats 1}

{The Circle of Life ground forms in the BS's and holds its
pattern for eight bars. It is a non-chordal BS part. The
progressions are in the medium ranges of the strings.
Various pans and camera views of African animals, all
moving. Coinciding with the FS pickup in the eighth bar,
we first view the giraffes, panning to a long shot of all
the animals in their procession}

[The Circle of life text]

FS: From the day we arrive on the planet
    And, blinking, step into the sun
    There's more to see than can ever be seen
    More to do than can ever be done

{Camera is panning and jumping to elephants, zebras, ants,
birds, storks, etc… }

There's far too much to take in here
    More to find than can ever be found
    But the sun rolling high
    Through the sapphire sky
    Keeps great and small on the endless round

{When the "The Circle of Life" is mentioned the long-
distance pan centers on Pride Rock where all the animals
are gathering. Mufasa is on Pride Rock. Long camera arc to
Mufasa and Zazu.}

It's the Circle of Life
    And it moves us all

{Zazu bows to Mufasa, who smiles and nods at him}

Through despair and hope
    Through faith and love

{Appearance of Rafiki, the mandrill. He passes between
ranks of animals, who bow to him; he then climbs Pride Rock
to where Mufasa is standing.}

Till we find our place
    On the path unwinding

{Rafiki and Mufasa embrace.}

In the Circle
    The Circle of Life

{Decrescendo in BS. FS drops out. Pan Flute takes simple
lead.}

{Mufasa leads Rafiki over to Sarabi, who is holding Simba}

{Rafiki puts the juice and sand he collects on Simba's
brow– a ceremonial crown. He then picks Simba up and
ascends to the point of Pride Rock. Mufasa and Sarabi
follow. With a crescendo in the music and a restatement of
the refrain, Rafiki holds Simba up for the crowd to view.}

FS: It's The Circle of Life

{The crowd starts howling, stamping, etc… }

And it moves us all
    Through despair and hope
    Through faith and love

{The clouds part and a sunbeam highlights Rafiki and Simba
on Pride Rock.}

Till we find our place

{The crowd bows down, one by one.}

On the path unwinding

{Camera slowly zooms out to a striking panoramic view
of the Presentation.}

In the Circle
    The Circle of Life

{Bass drum hit (fff) and immediate switch to black screen
with title "The Lion King" in blood-red caps.}

[Mouse / Challenge Scene]

{Cue mouse sounds}

{Visual fade into mouse in cave}

{Mouse comes out and starts preening in the light. Begins
sniffing. Becomes frightened. Suddenly a large lion paw
swoops down and catches him.}

{Cue the Scar theme (dissonant, slow, reed theme). Fade in
slowly and up full during speech}

{Camera switch to Scar holding the squeaking and
struggling mouse in his paw. He talks to it while playing
with it}

Scar: Life's not fair, is it? You see I – well, I… shall
    never be King. {exhale lightly} And you… shall never
    see the light of another day. {closed-mouth laughter.
    Starts to place the mouse on his extended tongue} …
    Adieu… {quiet laugh}

Zazu : {Interrupting} Didn't your mother ever tell you not
    to play with your food?

Scar: {Light sigh. The mouse is under his paw.} What do you want?

Zazu: I'm here to announce that King Mufasa is on his way. {bows}
    …So you'd better have a good excuse for missing the
    ceremony this morning.

{The mouse runs away from Scar}

Scar: Oh now look, Zazu; you've made me lose my lunch.

Zazu: Hah! You'll lose more than that when the King gets
    through with you. He's as mad as a hippo with a
    hernia.

Scar: Oooh… I quiver with FEAR.

{On "FEAR" Scar crouches down and is baring his teeth at
Zazu.}

Zazu: {Very concerned} Now Scar, don't look at me that
    way… HELP!

{Scar quickly pounces on the bird, catching him in his mouth.}

Mufasa: {Almost immediately and off-camera} Scar! …

Scar: {Mouth full} Mm-hmm?

Mufasa: Drop him.

Zazu: {Speaking from Scar's mouth} Impeccable timing, your
    majesty.

{Scar spits the bird out, covered with saliva}

Zazu: {Slimed} Eyyccch.

Scar: {Sarcastically overjoyed} Why! If it isn't my big
    brother descending from on high to mingle with the
    commoners.

Mufasa: Sarabi and I didn't see you at the presentation of
    Simba.

Scar: {Faking astonishment} That was today? Oh, I feel
    simply awful.

{He turns and start scraping his claws on the rock wall.
Zazu cringes at the sound.}

Scar: {Admiring his claws} …Must have slipped my mind.

Zazu: Yes, well, as slippery as your mind is, as the king's
    brother, you should have been first in line!

{Scar clicks his teeth at Zazu, who has flown near his
face. Zazu takes cover behind Mufasa's foreleg. Scar bends
down to speak to him.}

Scar: Well, I was first in line… until the little hairball
    was born.

Mufasa: {Lowering his head and meeting Scar eye to eye}
    That "hairball" is my son… and your future king.

Scar: Ohh, I shall practice my curtsy.

{Scar turns away and starts to exit}

Mufasa: {Warning} Don't turn your back on me, Scar.

Scar: {Looking back} Oh, no, Mufasa. Perhaps YOU shouldn't
    turn YOUR back on me.

Mufasa: {Roars and literally jumps in front of Scar, baring
    his teeth for the first time} Is that a challenge?

Scar: Temper, temper. I wouldn't dream of challenging you.

Zazu: Pity! Why not?

Scar: {Looking at Zazu} Well, as far as brains go, I got
    the lion's share. But, when it comes to brute strength
    {looking at Mufasa} …I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end
    of the gene pool.

{Exit Scar}

Zazu: {Deep sigh} There's one in every family, sire… Two
    in mine, actually. {perches on Mufasa's shoulder} And
    they always manage to ruin special occasions.

Mufasa: What am I going to do with him?

Zazu: He'd make a very handsome throw rug.

Mufasa: {Chiding} Zazu!

Zazu: And just think! Whenever he gets dirty, you could
    take him out and BEAT him.

{They exit, chuckling. Pan out into open savannah.}

[Painting Scene]

{Rise in music– "This Land" track– with theme stated in
African flute, it broadens eventually with chorus and full
orchestra. We see a rainstorm gently crossing the savannah.
Multiplane camera approach to Rafiki's baobab tree. Camera
switch to inside the tree. Rafiki is doing hand paintings on
the wall. We see he is completing a lion cub.}

Rafiki: {Mutters to himself, in which the word "Simba" can be
    heard} Hmmm… Ah heh heh heh heh heh… {completing the
    ceremonial crown in the painting} Simba.

{Horns and brass close theme in a stately manner with a
decrescendo. Fade to black keeping the painting of the cub
as a crossover to the fade in of Pride Rock in early
morning}

[The Sunrise / Pouncing Scene]

{Simba is seen coming out on the rock. He runs back into
the cave and leaps over several of the lionesses, accidentally
jumping on a few.}

Simba: Dad! Daad! Come on, Dad, we gotta go. Wake up!

Random Lioness: Oomph!

Simba: Sorry! …Oop.

{Simba starts to wake Mufasa}

Simba: Dad? Daad. Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad–

Sarabi: {Over Simba's endless noise of "Dad"s, sleepily}
    Your son… is awake…

Mufasa: {Also sleepily} Before sunrise, he's YOUR son.

Simba: Dad? Daad! Come on, Dad! {tugs at Mufasa's ear.} Daa– Whoa!

{He loses his grip on Mufasa's ear, and slips and crashes into
something off camera. He then comes running back on screen and
butts Mufasa. Mufasa sleepily eyes his son.}

Simba: You promised!

Mufasa: {Seeing his son's impatience} Okay, okay. I'm up.
    I'm up.

Simba: Yeah!

{Mufasa yawns a well-recorded lion yawn. Mufasa and Sarabi
follow Simba up to the top of Pride Rock. Simba rubs up
against Sarabi; she nudges him ahead and stays behind. Departing
shot of her, with a loving expression. The sunrise illuminates the
top of Pride Rock impressively. Both Simba and Mufasa are on the
point. Cue music.}

Mufasa: Look, Simba. Everything the light touches is our
    kingdom.

Simba: Wow.

{The camera revolves around them, during Mufasa's speech, from a reverse
view to a frontal shot.}

Mufasa: A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the
    sun. One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here,
    and will rise with you as the new king.

Simba: And this will all be mine?

Mufasa: Everything.

Simba: Everything the light touches. {Simba looks all
    around. He views the rip-rap canyon to the north} What
    about that shadowy place?

Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never go there,
    Simba.

Simba: But I thought a king can do whatever he wants.

Mufasa: Oh, there's more to being king than… getting your
    way all the time.

{Mufasa starts back down the rock}

Simba: {Awed} There's more?

Mufasa: {Chuckles} Simba…

{Camera switch. Mufasa and Simba are out walking on the
savannah.}

Mufasa: Everything you see exists together, in a delicate
    balance. As king, you need to understand that balance,
    and respect all the creatures– from the crawling ant
    to the leaping antelope.

Simba: But, Dad, don't we eat the antelope?

Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our
    bodies become the grass. And the antelope eat the
    grass. And so we are all connected in the great Circle
    of Life.

Zazu: {Lights on a nearby rock} Good morning, sire!

Mufasa: Good morning, Zazu.

Zazu: Checking in… with the morning report.

Mufasa: Fire away.

Zazu: Well! The buzz from the bees is that the leopards
    are in a bit of a spot…

{Zazu's speech will continue through without stop. Simba's
and Mufasa's conversation is the focus.}

Mufasa: {Distracted} Oh, really?

{Simba, uninterested in Zazu, pounces at a grasshopper and
misses}

Zazu: {Continuing, not noticing Mufasa's lack of
    enthusiasm} … And the baboons are going ape over
    this. Of course, the giraffes are acting like they're
    above it all…

Mufasa: {To Simba} What are you doing, son?

Simba: {Disappointedly looking in his empty paws} Pouncing.

Mufasa: Let an old pro show you how it's done.

Zazu: …The tick birds are pecking on the elephants. I
    told the elephants to forget it, but they can't…

Mufasa: Zazu, would you turn around?

Zazu: Yes, sire. {Continuing immediately} The cheetahs are
    hard up, but I always say …

Mufasa: {Whispering} Stay low to the ground.

Zazu: Cheetahs never prosper…

Simba: {Whispering} Okay, stay low to the ground, right… yeah…

Zazu: {Realizing something is amiss} What going on?

Mufasa: A pouncing lesson.

Zazu: Oh very good. Pouncing. {Realizing} Pouncing!?!
    Oh no, sire, you can't be serious…

{Mufasa motions for Zazu to turn back around.}

Zazu: Oh… this is so humiliating.

Mufasa: {Still whispering} Try not to make a sound.

Zazu: What are you telling him, Mufasa? {Looking around
    uneasily– Simba and Mufasa seem to have disappeared.}
    Mufasa? Simba?

{Simba does a full pounce leaving Zazu stunned on the
ground}

Mufasa: Ha ha ha ha ha. That's very good. Ha ha ha…

{A gopher emerges under Zazu.}

Gopher: Zazu!

Zazu: {Exasperated} Yes?

Gopher: {Saluting} Sir. News from the underground.

Mufasa: {To Simba} Now, this time–

Zazu: {Interrupting and with urgency} Sire! Hyenas! In
    the Pride Lands!

Mufasa: {Serious now} Zazu, take Simba home.

Simba: Oh, Dad, can't I come?

Mufasa: {Curtly} No, son.

{Mufasa heads off at a full gallop}

Simba: I never get to go anywhere.

Zazu: Oh, young master, one day you will be king; then you
    can chase those slobbering mangy stupid poachers from
    dawn until dusk.

{They head off. Camera pulls back to wide view of
savannah.}

[Scar Tricks Simba Scene]

{Camera change to Scar on his overhanging rock ledge.
We see Scar pace once and kick an old bone off the edge.}

{Enter Simba}

Simba: Hey Uncle Scar! Guess what!

Scar: I despise guessing games.

Simba: I'm going to be king of Pride Rock.

Scar: {Sarcastically} Oh goody.

Simba: {Looking out over the edge of the rock} My dad just
    showed me the whole kingdom; {greedily} and I'm going
    to rule it all. Heh heh.

Scar: Yes. Well… forgive me for not leaping for joy.
    Bad back, you know.

{Scar flops down on his side.}

Simba: Hey, Uncle Scar? When I'm king, what will that make
    you?

Scar: A monkey's uncle.

Simba: Heh heh. You're so weird.

Scar: You have NO idea. …So, your father showed you the
    whole kingdom, did he?

Simba: Everything.

Scar: He didn't show you what's beyond that rise at the
    northern border…?

Simba: {Disappointed} Well, no… he said I can't go there.

Scar: And he's absolutely right. It's far too dangerous.
    Only the bravest lions go there.

Simba: Well, I'm brave! What's out th–

Scar: {Interrupting} No, I'm sorry, Simba, I just can't
    tell you.

Simba: Why not?

Scar: Simba, Simba, I'm only looking out for the well-
    being of my favorite nephew.

{Scar rubs and pats Simba's head}

Simba: {Snorts sarcastically} Yeah, right, I'm your only nephew.

Scar: All the more reason for me to be protective… An
    elephant graveyard is no place for a young prince…
    {faking surprise} Oops!

Simba: {Enthusiastic} An elephant what? Whoa.

Scar: {Faking dismay} Oh dear, I've said too much… Well, I
    suppose you'd have found sooner or later, you being SO
    clever and all… {pulling Simba near} Oh, just do me
    one favor– promise me you'll never visit that dreadful
    place.

Simba: {Thinks} No problem.

Scar: There's a good lad. You run along now and have
    fun. And remember… it's our little secret.

{Simba leaves the rock, Scar walks away with an evil smile.
Menacing music.}

[Bath Scene - Intro to Water Hole Scene]

{Simba is running down the slope of the bottom part of
Pride Rock. He runs down towards two lionesses (Sarabi
and Sarafina). Sarafina is giving Nala a bath. Music is
light, almost jazzy. Pan flute lead.}

Simba: Hey, Nala.

Nala: Hi, Simba.

Simba: Come on. I just heard about this great place.

Nala: {Through clenched teeth} Simba! I'm kind of in the
    middle of a bath.

Sarabi: And it's time for yours.

{Simba tries (too late) to escape; Sarabi bends
down and grabs him. She proceeds to give the struggling
cub a bath.}

Simba: Mom! …Mom. You're messing up my mane.

{Sarabi smiles.}

Simba: Okay, okay, I'm clean. Can we go now?

Nala: So where are we going? It better not be anyplace
    dumb.

Simba: No. It's really cool.

Sarabi: So where is this "really cool" place?

Simba: Oh. {thinks} Uh… around the water hole.

Nala: The water hole? What's so great about the water
    hole?

Simba: {Whisper} I'll SHOW you when we GET there.

Nala: {Whisper} Oh. {Normal} Uh… Mom, can I go with
    Simba?

Sarafina: Hmm… What do you think, Sarabi?

Sarabi: Well…

Nala and Simba: {through broad, forced grins} Pleeeease?

Sarabi: It's all right with me…

{Nala and Simba are overjoyed}
Nala: All right!
Simba: Yeah!

Sarabi: …As long as Zazu goes with you.

{Simba and Nala stop dead in their celebration}

Simba: No. Not Zazu.

[Water Hole Scene]

{Camera is at a ground angle slightly behind the cubs
walking towards the water hole. Zazu is visible in the sky
overhead.}

Zazu: Step lively. The sooner we get to the water hole,
    the sooner we can leave.

{Camera angle changes to the cubs from an immediate real
view}

Nala: {Whisper} So where we really going?

Simba: {Whisper} An elephant graveyard.

Nala: Wow!

Simba: {Whisper} Shhh! Zazu.

Nala: {Whisper} Right. So how are we gonna ditch the dodo?

{Camera switch to just above Zazu. We hear the cubs
whispering back and forth below}

Simba: {Whispering} Oh, I know how we can–

Zazu: {Flying down} Oh, just look at you two. Little seeds
    of romance blossoming in the savannah. Your parents
    will be thrilled… {He lands in front of them} …what
    with your being betrothed and all.

Simba: Be-what?

Zazu: Betrothed. Intended. Affianced.

Nala: Meaning…?

Zazu: {As though holding on to his coat lapels} One day,
    you two are going to be married!

Simba: Yuck!
Nala: Ewww.

Simba: I can't marry her. She's my friend.

Nala: Yeah. It'd be too weird.

Zazu: Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but you two turtle-
    doves have no choice. It's a tradition…

{Simba mimics Zazu during these last words}

Zazu: …going back generations.

Simba: Well, when I'm king, that'll be the first thing to go.

Zazu: Not so long as I'm around.

{Start fading in intro to "I Just Can't Wait to Be King"}

Simba: Well, in that case, you're fired.

Zazu: Hmmm… Nice try, but only the king can do that. {Pokes
    Simba's nose}

Nala: Well, he's the future king.

Simba: Yeah. {Thumping Zazu's chest} So you have to do
    what I tell you.

Zazu: Not yet I don't. And with an attitude like that, I'm
    afraid you're shaping up to be a pretty pathetic king
    indeed.

Simba: Hmph. Not the way I see it.

{Full song, colors change to wild pop-African. Background
abruptly becomes surreal, brightly-colored cartoon style.}

Simba: I'm gonna be a mighty king
        So enemies beware!

Zazu: Well, I've never seen a king of beasts

{Plucks Simba's hair where mane would be}

With quite so little hair

{Simba gets a mane of leaves}

Simba: I'm gonna be the mane event
        Like no king was before

{Climbs a log}

I'm brushing up on looking down
        I'm working on my ROAR

{On "ROAR" he shouts at Zazu, startling him backwards into
a puddle}

Zazu: {Drying on what appears to be a hanging towel}
      Thus far, a rather uninspiring thing

{Camera pulls back; reveals the "towel" as the ear of a red
elephant which hits Zazu with its trunk as with a golf club,
sending him skipping like a stone across a shallow pool of
water; the cubs follow immediately.}

Simba: Oh, I just can't wait to be king!

Zazu: {Speaking} You've rather a long way to go, young master,
    if you think…

{For this verse Zazu is making quick spoken-part replies
to each line. Simba and Nala are on each side of Zazu; as
he turns to talk to one, the other makes faces at him.}

Simba: No one saying do this

{Zazu: Now when I said that, I–}

Nala: No one saying be there

{Zazu: What I meant was…}

Simba: No one saying stop that

{Zazu: Look, what you don't realize…}

Simba and Nala: No one saying see here

{Zazu: Now see here!}

Simba: Free to run around all day

{Simba and Nala are now riding ostriches}

{Zazu: Well, that's definitely out…}

Simba: Free to do it all my way!

Zazu: {Flying ahead of the cubs, looking back to speak to them
and so not paying attention ahead}
      I think it's time that you and I
      Arranged a heart to heart

{Flies into a rhino}

Simba: Kings don't need advice
        From little hornbills for a start

{Lights on a branch}

Zazu: If this is where the monarchy is headed
      Count me out!
      Out of service, out of Africa
      I wouldn't hang about… aagh!

{The camera pulls back to reveal Zazu has lighted on a log
being washed towards a waterfall. It disappears over the
edge. Zazu yells in surprise, but quickly reappears flying
towards and through the camera.}

This child is getting wildly out of wing

Simba: Oh, I just can't wait to be king!

{The cubs trot up a corridor of zebras standing at attention;
when Zazu follows, they all turn and raise their tails; Zazu
covers himself with a wing.}

{Nala and Simba dance about under a moving herd of elephants
while the African flute leads a short instrumental sequence.
Zazu flies overhead, looking for them.  Simba ends up standing
on a giraffe's head.}

Everybody look left {Zazu squawks as the herd tramples him}
        Everybody look right

{Simba hops up a ladder of giraffe heads}

Everywhere you look I'm

{Sliding down a giraffe's neck into theatrical pose}

Standing in the spotlight!

Zazu: {Speaking, but in strict time} Not yet!

Chorus: Let every creature go for broke and sing
        Let's hear it in the herd and on the wing
        It's gonna be King Simba's finest fling

{The Chorus of hippos, anteaters, antelopes, giraffes, etc.
forms a pyramid with the cubs on top}

Simba & Chorus: Oh I just can't wait to be king!
                Oh I just can't wait to be king!
                Oh I just can't waaaaaait … to be king!

{The pyramid topples leaving the rhino sitting on Zazu}

Zazu: {Muffled} I beg your pardon, madam, but… GET OFF! …
    Simba? Nala?

[Elephant Graveyard - Hyena Scene]

{Camera change to Simba and Nala making their way away
from Zazu. They are laughing.}

Simba: All right, it worked!

Nala: We lost 'im.

Simba: {Arrogantly} I… am a genius.

Nala: Hey, Genius, it was my idea.

Simba: Yeah, but I pulled it off.

Nala: With me!

Simba: Oh yeah? …Rrarr!

{Simba jumps at Nala; they tussle quickly. Nala ends on
top and pins Simba with her forepaws, producing a
resounding thump.}

Nala: Ha. Pinned ya.

Simba: {Annoyed} Hey, lemme up.

{Nala turns away smiling. Simba looks at her and jumps at her
again. They tussle, rolling down a short hill. She pins him
again in the same position with another thump.}

Nala: Pinned ya again.

{A geyser makes a loud noise nearby, ejecting steam.
The camera pulls back to a view of the surroundings that
the cubs have just noticed. Mostly in grays, we see a dark
craggy vale filled with skeletons of elephants. Eerie
music.}

Simba: This is it. We made it.

{They look over the edge of the ledge they are on. A large
bull elephant skull is nearby. The camera follows to survey the
entire bleak view.}

Simba and Nala: Whoa!

Nala: It's really creepy.

Simba: Yeah… Isn't it great?

Nala: {Relishing her naughtiness} We could get in big
    trouble.

Simba: {Enjoying it also} I know, huh.

Nala: {Looking at the skull} I wonder if its brains are
    still in there.

Simba: {Walking towards the skull} There's only one way to
    know. Come on. Let's go check it out.

{Simba walks towards the mouth of the skull. Zazu flaps
suddenly up in front of them, emitting a sharp squawk of
"Wrong!" and giving the audience a start.}

Zazu: The only checking out you will do will be to check
    out of here.

Simba: Aw, man.

Zazu: We're way beyond the boundary of the Pride Lands.

Simba: Huh. Look. Banana Beak is scared. Heh.

Zazu: {Poking Simba in the nose} That's Mr. Banana Beak to you,
    fuzzy. And right now we are all in very real danger.

{Simba has moved nearer to the entrance of the skull}

Simba: Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in
    the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

{Following Simba's confident laughter we hear more
laughing from inside the skull. Simba runs back and hides
behind Nala and Zazu. Three hyenas emerge from the skull's
eyes and mouth.}

Shenzi: Well, well, well, Banzai. What have we got here?

Banzai: Hmm. I don't know, Shenzi. Uh… what do you think,
    Ed?

Ed: {Crazy laughter}

{They circle around the cubs and Zazu.}

Banzai: Yeah, just what I was thinking. A trio of
    trespassers!

Zazu: And quite by accident, let me assure you. A simple
    navigational error. Eh heh heh…

Shenzi: Whoa, whoa, wait wait wait… I know you.
    {peering close into the camera} You're Mufasa's
    little stooge.

Zazu: I, madam, am the king's majordomo.

Banzai: {Looking at Simba} And that would make you…?

Simba: The future king.

Shenzi: Do you know what we do to kings who step out of
    their kingdom?

Simba: Puh. You can't do anything to me.

Zazu: Uhh… technically, they can. We are on their land.

Simba: But Zazu, you told me they're nothing but
    slobbering mangy stupid poachers.

Zazu: {Aside, surreptitiously, to Simba} Ix-nay on the
    oopid-stay…

Banzai: Who you callin' "oopid-stay?!?"

Zazu: {Harried} My, my, my. Look at the sun. {starts to
    try to hasten the cubs away} It's time to go!

Shenzi: What's the hurry? We'd looove you to stick around
    for dinner.

Banzai: Yeaaaah! We could have whatever's… "lion" around! {In
    the background} Get it? Lion around! {laughs}

Shenzi: Oh wait, wait, wait. I got one, I got one. Make
    mine a "cub" sandwich. Whatcha think?

{Peals of uncontrollable laughter. Ed jumps up and starts
gesticulating and jabbering.}

Shenzi: What? Ed? What is it?

Banzai: {Looking where Ed is pointing} Hey, did we order
    this dinner to go?

Shenzi: No. Why?

Banzai: 'Cause there it goes!

{Camera view to the cubs running off; they stop after a
bit. Quick camera jump showing Zazu being caught in
mid-flight.}

Nala: Did we lose 'em?

Simba: I think so. Where's Zazu?

{Camera switch. The hyenas have Zazu near a steam vent.
Banzai is holding the bird.}

Banzai: The little majordomo bird hippity-hopped all the
    way to the birdie-boiler. {He walks Zazu to the vent
    and stuffs him into it, plugging it up.}

Zazu: Oh no. Not the birdie-boiler. {It shoots him off in
    a puff of steam}

{The hyenas start laughing hysterically}

Simba: {Now near the hyenas} Hey! Why don't you pick on
    somebody your own size?

Shenzi: Like… you?

Simba: Oops.

{The hyenas start chasing the cubs. They dart around behind
them and poke their heads through an active methane vent.}

Shenzi, Banzai, Ed: BOO! {laughter}

{The hyenas chase the cubs up and over the skull and the cubs
slip away by sliding down the spine. They shoot off the end of the
spine and land on a hillside of bones.}

Nala: Simba!

{Simba turns around and is horrified to see Nala slipping back down
the pile.}

Nala: Aaaaiee!

{Simba runs bravely back and claws Shenzi across the cheek, drawing
blood and distracting her while Nala escapes. Shenzi becomes enraged;
the Hyenas pursue the cubs quickly and corner them in a cave.}

************** CUT LINES *********************************
{For a reason unknown to me, the following line was cut.
It appeared on story boards and even in the promotional
pamphlet for the movie [as well as on the first series of
collector's cards -BT]. It must have been cut fairly late
in production.}

Shenzi: Look, boys! A king fit for a meal!

Banzai: {Entering the cave, taunting} Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.

{Simba tries to roar. He produces a nice medium yowl.}

Shenzi: Oo-hoo… that was it? Hah. Do it again… come on.

{Simba opens his mouth to roar again, but we hear a full-
grown lion roar.}

Shenzi, Banzai, Ed: Huh?!

{Mufasa charges the hyenas from camera left and knocks them about
until they are cringing under him.}

Shenzi: Oh, please, please. Uncle. Uncle.
Banzai: Ow. Ow. Ow.

Mufasa: {Half roar} Silence!

Banzai: Oh, we're gonna shut up right now.

Shenzi: Calm down. We're really sorry.

Mufasa: If you ever come near my son again…

Shenzi: Oh this is… this is your son?!?

Banzai: Oh, your son?

Shenzi: Did you know that?

Banzai: No… me? I-I-I didn't know it. No. Did you?

Shenzi: No! Of course not.

Banzai: No.

Shenzi and Banzai: Ed?

Ed: {Stupidly nods yes}

{Mufasa roars}

Banzai: Toodles!

{With a gunshot sound they disappear. Zazu lights in front of
Mufasa, giving him a "that'll show 'em" nod… but then withers
under Mufasa's angry glare.}

Simba: {Approaching his father} Dad, I…

Mufasa: You deliberately disobeyed me.

Simba: Dad, I'm… I'm sorry.

Mufasa: {Stern} Let's go home.

{They all start walking out of the Burial Grounds, the
cubs bent down in shame.}

Nala: {Whispering} I thought you were very brave.

{The camera steadily pans up one of the walls of the cave.
It stops on a horrifying image of Scar, standing on a ledge
where he had been watching the cubs' near-demise.}

[Disciplinary - Stars Scene]

{Camera switch to out on the savannah. The cubs are still
walking in a shamed manner behind Mufasa. Zazu is flying
between.}

Mufasa: {Still stern} Zazu?

Zazu: {Flying forward and lighting in front of Mufasa, his
    trepidation showing} Yes, sire?

Mufasa: {Stern} Take Nala home. I've got to teach my son a
    lesson.

{The camera views the cubs. Simba crouches lower in the
grass as if to hide. Zazu flies back to the cubs.}

Zazu: Come, Nala. Simba… {puts his wings on Simba's
shoulders, gives a heavy sigh, and then a reassuring pat}
    Good luck.

{Zazu and Nala leave. The camera view is of Simba in the
foreground with Mufasa facing away from the camera in the
background.}

Mufasa: {Calling, still very stern, not looking at Simba}
    Simba! {The word reverberates in the night air.}

{Simba slowly turns and walks towards his father. The
camera follows him forward. Ominous yet sad music. Simba
steps into a depression. Looking down he sees that his
forepaw fits inside just the palmprint of his father's
paw. A very tense moment for Simba. It comes across to the
audience that his father could easily do much, much more
than discipline Simba. [It also comes across that Simba has
some rather big shoes to fill, so to speak, and is only now
realizing his true position. -BT] Simba is harshly reminded
of how small and young he is compared to his father. He looks
up and, quite courageously, continues to come forward.}

{Mufasa thinks silently for a few moments, not looking at his
son. Then, finally, he turns to him.}

Mufasa: Simba, I'm very disappointed in you.

Simba: {Very quietly and sadly} I know.

Mufasa: {Continuing} You could have been killed. You
    deliberately disobeyed me. And what's worse, you put
    Nala in danger!

Simba: {Bordering on crying, voice cracks} I was just
    trying to be brave like you.

Mufasa: I'm only brave when I have to be. Simba… being
    brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble.

Simba: But you're not scared of anything.

Mufasa: I was today.

Simba: {Disbelieving} You were?

Mufasa: Yes… {bends down close to Simba} I thought I might lose you.

Simba: Oh. {Lightening slightly} I guess even kings get
    scared, huh?

Mufasa: Mm-hmm.

Simba: {Whispering conspiratorially} But you know what?

Mufasa: {Whispering back} What?

Simba: I think those hyenas were even scareder.

Mufasa: {Gentle laugh} 'Cause nobody messes with your dad.
    Come here, you.

{Mufasa has bent down. He picks Simba up and starts
giving him a noogie.}

Simba: Oh no, no… Aaagh! Errrggh!

{Music rises as Simba and Mufasa tussle playfully for a
brief while.}

Simba: Oh, come here… {as Mufasa runs away} Hah! Gotcha!

{They end up with Mufasa laid down and Simba
on his head}

Simba: Dad?

Mufasa: Hmm?

Simba: We're pals, right?

Mufasa: {Gentle laugh} Right.

Simba: And we'll always be together, right?

Mufasa: {Sitting up, Simba now on his shoulder} Simba… Let
    me tell you something that my father told me… Look
    at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on
    us from those stars.

Simba: {Awed} Really?

Mufasa: Yes… So whenever you feel alone, just remember
    that those kings will always be there to guide you …
    And so will I.

[Be Prepared Scene]

{Camera switch from stars to Hyena cave. As we move into the
cave, we first hear Banzai's voice and eventually see
Banzai and Ed together with Shenzi to the side.}

Banzai: Man, that lousy Mufasa! I won't be able to sit for
    a week! {We notice numerous scratches on Banzai's
    rear}

Ed: {Laughs}

Banzai: It's not funny, Ed.

Ed: {Tries to stop laughing, but bursts out worse}

Banzai: Hey, shut up!

Ed: {Can NOT stop laughing}

{Banzai tackles Ed; they start fighting.}

Shenzi: Will you knock it off!

{Banzai stops. Ed continues, biting himself in the leg.}

Banzai: Well, he started it!

Shenzi: Look at you guys. No wonder we're dangling at the
    bottom of the food chain.

Banzai: {With drool dangling from his mouth} Man, I hate
    dangling.

Shenzi: Shyeah? You know, if it weren't for those lions,
    we'd be runnin' the joint.

Banzai: Yeah. Man, I hate lions.

Shenzi: So pushy.

Banzai: And hairy.

Shenzi: And stinky.

Banzai: And man, are they…

Shenzi and Banzai: UuuugLY! {laughter}

Scar: {From his perch we saw in the Hyena chase} Oh,
    surely we lions are not all THAT bad.

Banzai: Ohh. {relieved from the surprise} Oh, Scar, it's
    just you.

Shenzi: We were afraid it was somebody important.

Banzai: Yeah, you know, like Mufasa.

Shenzi: Yeah.

Scar: I see.

Banzai: Now that's power.

Shenzi: Tell me about it. I just hear that name and
    I shudder.

Banzai: Mufasa.

Shenzi: {Shivering} Ooooh. … Do it again.

Banzai: Mufasa.

Shenzi: Ooooh!

Banzai: Mufasa. Mufasa! Mufasa!

Shenzi: {Builds up hysterical laughter} …Oooh! It tingles me.

Scar: I'm surrounded by idiots.

Banzai: Not you, Scar; I mean, you're one of us. I mean,
    you're our pal.

Scar: {Sarcastic} Charmed.

Shenzi: Ohh, I like that. He's not king, but he's still so
    proper.

Banzai: Yeah. Hey, hey. Did ya bring us anything to eat,
    Scar, old buddy, old pal? Huh? Did-ya-did-ya-did-ya?

Scar: I don't think you really deserve this. {Holds out a
    zebra haunch.} I practically gift-wrapped those cubs for
    you. {Drops leg to Hyenas} And you couldn't even
    dispose of them. {Intro fade-in on Be Prepared}

Shenzi: {Chewing with full mouth} Well, ya know. It wasn't
    exactly like they was alone, Scar.

Banzai: Yeah. What are we supposed to do– {swallow} kill
    Mufasa?

Scar: Precisely.

{The three hyenas pause from eating and look up at Scar
questioningly.}

{Three-top flutter to coincide with Scar's
leaps down to the Hyenas.}

************** CUT LINES *********************************
{Due to plot adjustment, the intro lines to the music
track Be Prepared were cut. They were originally a
monologue of Scar trying to decide on using the Hyenas or
not. These were cut presumably to allow for the earlier
entrapment of the cubs being credited to Scar. The monologue
does, however, appear on the soundtrack.}

Scar: {Spoken over what is now faded intro}
      I never thought hyenas essential.
      They're crude and unspeakably plain.
      But maybe they've a glimmer of potential
      If allied to my vision and brain.

{Scar walks calmly through sheets of flame and gas into the
camera over the opening bit of the song}

Scar: {Full song}

{Scar paces slowly around Ed, who is chewing on the remnants
of the zebra leg}

I know that your powers of retention
    Are as wet as a warthog's backside
    But thick as you are, pay attention

{He angrily swats the bone away; Ed comes to abrupt attention}

My words are a matter of pride

It's clear from your vacant expressions
    The lights are not all on upstairs

{Waving his paw in front of Ed's blank eyes to make his point;
Ed's tongue lolls out}

But we're talking kings and successions
    Even you can't be caught unawares

{Shenzi and Banzai are laughing on a ledge behind him; on
"you," Scar turns and leaps at them, throwing them backward
onto a pair of geysers, which then erupt, throwing the two
hyenas into the air.}

{In the next verse, Scar is strutting theatrically along a
ledge which runs around back to the floor.}

So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
    Be prepared for sensational news
    A shining new era
    Is tiptoeing nearer

Shenzi:
    And where do we feature?

Scar: {Grabbing Shenzi's cheek}
    Just listen to teacher

{Shenzi rubs her cheek, which is now bruised red}

I know it sounds sordid
    But you'll be rewarded
    When at last I am given my dues
    And injustice deliciously squared

{Scar leaps up beside Ed, who is again chewing on the bone,
and here kicks him off the ledge}

Be prepared!

{The three hyenas land in a pile of bones and are submerged;
they reappear, each with a different horned skull on his
head.}

{Spoken}

Banzai: Yeah, Be prepared. Yeah-heh… we'll be prepared, heh.
    …For what?

Scar: For the death of the king.

Banzai: Why? Is he sick?

{Scar grabs Banzai by the throat}

Scar: No, fool– we're going to kill him. Simba too.

{Dropping Banzai back onto the floor}

Shenzi: Great idea! Who needs a king?

Shenzi (and then Banzai): {Sing-song voices, dancing around Banzai}
    No king! No king! la–la-la–la-laa-laa!

Scar: Idiots! There will be a king!

Banzai: Hey, but you said, uh…

Scar: I will be king! …Stick with me {triumphant, toothy grin}, and
    you'll never go hungry again!

Shenzi and Banzai: Yaay! All right! Long live the king!

{Camera reveals hundreds of more hyenas in the shadows.}

All Hyenas: Long live the king! Long live the king!

{Full song again}

{Scar's army of hyenas is goose-stepping across the floor
of the cave, now stylized into a Nazi-esque quadrangle}

Hyenas: {In tight, crisp phrasing and diction}
    It's great that we'll soon be connected.
    With a king who'll be all-time adored.

Scar:
    Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected
    To take certain duties on board

{Motions a slice across the neck}

The future is littered with prizes
    And though I'm the main addressee
    The point that I must emphasize is

{Leaps off his rock throne to single out one hapless hyena}

You won't get a sniff without me!

{That hyena slips and falls into a fiery crevice}

{Throughout the next verse, the entire horde of hyenas joins
in dancing boisterously, leaping along the tops of rock
pillars, shaking animal skeletons in the light, one playing
a rib cage/xylophone.}

{The paranthetical parts are the hyenas' counterpoint singing}

So prepare for the coup of the century
    (Oooh!)
    Be prepared for the murkiest scam
    (Oooh… La! La! La!) {rear ends punctuating}
    Meticulous planning
    (We'll have food!)
    Tenacity spanning
    (Lots of food)
    Decades of denial
    (We repeat)
    Is simply why I'll
    (Endless meat)
    Be king undisputed
    (Aaaaaaah…)
    Respected, saluted
    (…aaaaaaah…)
    And seen for the wonder I am
    (…aaaaaaah!)

Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
    (Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo)
    Be prepared!

All (Even Ed, who can be heard growling and snarling an
approximation of the lines):
    Yes, our teeth and ambitions are bared
    Be prepared!

{Close with a fill-in and a fade-out.  Scar and the hyenas are
laughing evilly. Drum roll rises to a crash coinciding with the
panoramic opening of the next scene.}

[Stampede Scene]

{Camera switch to a view of a large canyon.  Cloud shadows scroll slowly
over the landscape.}

Scar: Now you wait here. Your father has a marvelous
    surprise for you.

{Camera switch to bottom of the gully. Scar and Simba are
near a rock, underneath a small tree.}

Simba: Oooh. What is it?

Scar: If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would
    it?

Simba: If you tell me, I'll still act surprised.

Scar: Ho ho ho. You are such a naughty boy.

Simba: Come on, Uncle Scar.

Scar: No-no-no-no-no-no-no. This is just for you and your daddy.
    You know, a sort of… father-son… thing.

{Through Simba's expression, we see that he resents Scar's dismissive
attitude, but soon shrugs it off.}

Scar: Well! I'd better go get him.

Simba: I'll go with you.

Scar: {Loud, snapping tone} No! {regaining composure} Heh heh heh.
    No. Just stay on this rock. You wouldn't want to end up in
    another mess like you did with the hyenas…

Simba: {Shocked} You know about that?

Scar: Simba, everybody knows about that.

Simba: {Meek and embarrassed} Really?

Scar: Oh, yes. Lucky Daddy was there to save you, eh? {clearly
    enjoying himself; he puts a paw on Simba's shoulder} Oh…
    and just between us, you might want to work on that little
    roar of yours. Hmm?

{Scar starts to pull away}

Simba: Oh… Okay…

{Scar pats Simba roughly on the head, then moves off.}

Simba: Hey, Uncle Scar, will I like the surprise?

Scar: {Turning back over his shoulder} Simba, it's to DIE for.

{The camera slowly pans up the side of the gorge away from
Scar and Simba. After a distance of rock, we reach the
edge and view on the plain a very large herd of
wildebeest; the size of the herd comes across with a striking
computer-generated parallax pan. The camera then focuses in on the
hyenas (Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed), who are waiting off of the edge
of the herd, hidden under a rock arch.}

Banzai: {Stomach growls}

Shenzi: Shut up.

Banzai: I can't help it. I'm so hungry… {jumping up} I
    gotta have a wildebeest!

Shenzi: Stay put.

Banzai: Well… can't I just pick off one of the little sick ones?

Shenzi: No! We wait for the signal from Scar.

{Camera switch to Scar mounting a rock in view of the hyenas}

Shenzi: There he is… {making an evil, almost humorous face}
    let's go.

{Camera switch back to Simba}

Simba: Little roar. Puh!

{A lizard walks past Simba. He growls at it.}

Simba: Rarrr!

{The lizard has no reaction to this first attempt. Simba then
jumps down and tries again.}

Simba: Rrrraowr-nh!

{For the third attempt, Simba moves closer again and inhales
deeply.}

Simba: RAOWR!

{The lizard skitters off screen. Simba's roar echoes around the canyon.
Shot of Simba lifting his ears to relish the echo. The echo is
soon eclipsed, however, by a low rumble. Simba looks
down and sees pebbles jumping. Cue the very sinister "To Die For"
music. We see the herd coming over the lip of the gorge. Dramatic
multi-layer camera pull up to Simba's terrified face. Simba takes
off in front of the herd.}

{Cut to the rim of the gorge, where the Hyenas are seen chasing
the wildebeest herd, nipping at their heels to drive them over
the edge. Camera switch to Mufasa and Zazu a short distance from
the canyon.}

Zazu: Oh look, sire; the herd is on the move.

Mufasa: Odd…

{Scar runs up, out of breath}

Scar: Mufasa. Quick. Stampede. In the gorge. Simba's down
    there!

Mufasa: Simba?

{Camera switch to Simba. He is running and climbs up a
dead tree. Zazu flies ahead of Mufasa and Scar, down into
the canyon. He spots Simba.}

Simba: {Clinging precariously to a tree} Zazu! Help me!!

Zazu: Your father is on the way! Hold on!

Simba: {Losing grip} Hurry!

{Mufasa and Scar are on the lower ledges of the gorge.
Zazu flies back to Mufasa and points out where Simba is.}

Zazu: There! There! On that tree!

Mufasa: Hold on, Simba!

{In the gully, a wildebeest rams the tree Simba's on,
nearly breaking it.}

Simba: Ahhhh!

{Mufasa runs out into the herd, joining the stampede.}

Zazu: Oh Scar, this is awful. What will we do? What will
    we do? Hah … I'll go back for help, that's what I'll
    do, I'll go back for he–oomph!

{Scar backhands Zazu into a rock wall, knocking him out.
Scar then follows Mufasa's progress from the lip of the
gorge, his shadow cast mysteriously from the bottom of the
gully {!}. Mufasa runs with the herd till slightly past the
tree. He whips around the front of some wildebeest and
runs into the herd towards Simba's tree. He gets rammed
head-first once, throwing him to the ground. A wildebeest
hits Simba's tree, throwing Simba into the air. Mufasa gets
up in time to catch Simba in the air with his mouth. He
gets hit again and accidentally throws Simba. Simba dodges
a few oncoming wildebeest. Mufasa runs by with the herd
and grabs Simba. He jumps up to a near rock ledge and sets
Simba down, but is immediately struck by a wildebeest and
carried off into the stampede.}

Simba: DAD!

{Simba watches in horror as he cannot find his father in
the swirling mass of wildebeest below him. At the last
second, Mufasa leaps out of the herd and starts to climb
with great difficulty up the sheer rock slope. Simba
turns and starts to climb up to the top of the gorge. Out
of Simba's sight, Mufasa reaches a point right below a
ledge where he can't climb due to the steepness. His claws are
scraping and his back paws have no traction. Above him on
the ledge is Scar.}

Mufasa: Scar! Broth– {slips, barely hangs on} Brother! Help me!

{Scar looks disdainfully down, and then suddenly latches
onto Mufasa's forepaws with claws extended. Mufasa roars,
primarily from the sudden pain of Scar's claws, but no doubt also
due to the sudden flash of realization. His expression slowly
changes to one of horror as he recognizes Scar's intent.}

Scar: {Slowly and evilly} Long live the king.

{Scar throws his brother backwards. Mufasa free-falls,
back first. The camera follows Mufasa down from under him,
then from above him, showing the stampede raging below.}

Mufasa: Aaaaaaahh!

{Camera suddenly focuses in on Simba, who is watching his
father hit the ground. No sound effects of the hit. No
view of it either. Mufasa and Simba's screams mingle.}

Simba: Nooooooo!

{The herd passes. Everything is clouded by dust. Simba
bounds to the canyon floor. Mufasa is nowhere to be
seen.}

Simba: {Cough} Dad!!

{We hear a sound}

Simba: {Quietly} Dad?

{We see a stray wildebeest run past, the source of the
sound. The wildebeest curves around a log further down the
gully. Under the log is Mufasa, laying on his side. He is
not moving or breathing. Simba approaches the body. Sad
musical theme. Again we notice how small Simba really is.}

Simba: {Hopefully} Dad? …Dad, come on. {He rubs up
    against Mufasa's cheek. The head merely rolls back in
    place after the rub} You gotta get up. {He places both
    forepaws on his father's cheek and pushes} Dad. We gotta go
    home. {He tugs at Mufasa's ear. Again the head limply
    moves back in place. Simba runs off a bit, obviously
    very scared.} HEEEEELP! Somebody! {His voice reverberates
    hollowly off the sides of the gorge.} Anybody… help.

{He cries. Simba turns back to the body. He nuzzles up under the
limp paw so that his father is embracing him. Pause for effect.}

{Where the music would resolve, we hit a minor chord as
the image of Scar advancing appears through the dust.}

Scar: Simba. …What have you done?

Simba: {Jumps back, crying} There were wildebeests and he
    tried to save me… it was an accident, I… I didn't
    mean for it to happen.

Scar: {Embracing Simba, yet still distant} Of course, of
    course you didn't. No one… ever means {pulls Simba
    closer; Simba hides his face on Scar's foreleg} for
    these things to happen. …But the king IS dead. {looking
    with mock regret at Simba) And if it weren't for you, he'd
    still be alive. {Simba is crushed, believing his guilt.
    Another thought "occurs" to Scar.} Oh! What will your
    mother think?

Simba: {Sniffing} What am I gonna do?

Scar: Run away, Simba. Run… Run away and never return.

{Simba runs off blindly, obviously broken. Slight pause,
for the audience to catch its emotional breath.  Music ends.
The three hyenas appear behind Scar.}

Scar: Kill him.

{The hyenas take off after him; Scar stands motionless.
Simba is chased up the entire length of the gully. He
reaches the lip only to see a sheer drop on the other
side. Having no choice he jumps and tumbles down into a
patch of briars below. The hyenas pursue the entire way.
When the are running down towards the briars, Banzai sees
them and recoils.

Banzai: Whoa!!

{After skidding extensively, Banzai manages to stop just above
the brambles.  He heaves a sigh of relief.  Then Shenzi and Ed run
into him, propelling him into the bushes.}

Banzai: Yeow! {Jumping back out of the bushes}

{Shenzi and Ed are laughing}

Shenzi: {Seeing Simba emerge from the far side of the
    briars into the desert} Hey– There he goes! There he goes!

Banzai: {Removing thorns} So go get 'im.

Shenzi: There ain't no way I'm going in there. What, you
    want me to come out there looking like you? Cactus
    Butt?

Banzai: {Spitting out thorns into Ed's laughing face; Ed
    lets out a small yelp of pain} We gotta finish the job.

Shenzi: Well, he's as good as dead out there anyway. And
    IF he comes back, we'll kill him.

Banzai: {Shouting} Yeah! you hear that?  If you ever come
    back, we'll kill ya!!!

{"Kill ya" echoes off as we see Simba still running into the
desert. The Hyenas make their way off the cliffs back to
the Pride Lands.}

[Address and Depaint Scene]

{Camera change to Scar addressing the lionesses by the
moon on Pride Rock.}

Scar: Mufasa's death was a terrible tragedy; but to lose
    Simba, who had barely begun to live…

{Camera pans around the lionesses. Some of them, with Zazu, are
comforting Sarabi, who bends her head in extreme pain.  Nala is
rubbing against her mother's paw, crying.}

Scar: …For me it is a deep personal loss. So it is with a
    heavy heart that I assume the throne. Yet, out of the
    ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the
    dawning of a new era… {The hyenas start emerging, casting
    eerie green shadows and laughing hollowly} …in
    which lion and hyena come together, in a great and
    glorious future! {Scar ascends Pride Rock as the hyenas
    appear in full force.}

{The camera pans to Rafiki who is shaking his head in the
distance. The scene changes with Rafiki in the same position.
He is in his tree house. After wiping away a tear, he
reaches up and rubs his hand across the cub painting,
smearing it. The camera changes. The painting, smeared, is
overlaid on Simba laying out in the hot desert sun.}

[Buzzards - Intro to Hakuna Matata Scene]

{Buzzards are circling the cub's body. One descends, then
all. They circle around it. With a blast of music, Timon
riding Pumbaa appears and dives into the midst of the
buzzards. They slap and kick the buzzards all away.}

Timon: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahh! Get out! Get out! Get
    outta here! Whoo!

Pumbaa: I love it! Bowling for buzzards!

Timon: {Laughing, dusting himself off} Gets '

Date: 2020-07-12 22:22:27
[font=comic sans ms][size=99pt]pee[/size]

Date: 2020-07-12 22:23:52
good content

[img]https://i.imgur.com/STtgXpd.jpg[/img]

Date: 2020-07-12 22:24:44

[font=comic sans ms][size=99pt]poop[/size][/font]

Date: 2020-07-12 22:26:22

[font=comic sans ms][size=99pt]poo[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms][size=99pt]poo[/size][/font]

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2020-07-12 22:26:55
I just like to leave everybody with this simple plea before the forum gets shut down for good…

[size=36pt][size=24pt]Go watch Good Omens the miniseries! It is really good! You will not regret a second moment of your life watching it![/size][/size]

Date: 2020-07-12 22:28:23
my image was too big :(

Date: 2020-07-12 22:29:49
[font=comic sans ms][size=99pt]penis :-[[/size][/font]