Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Thank you all for the memories. - Page 1

Thank you all for the memories.

Posted by: CytricAcid
Date: 2020-07-31 23:31:01
Hi all. I've never been super active on this forum or discord until recently, only tending to lurk, so I can't say that I really know the place like others do, but when i hear a name, I remember all of you. I remember the sprite edits and the glitch hunting and the maintnence forum where Paco discovered a lot of cool non english language glitches. i remember glitzer popping being discovered and when okk told us all how missingno truly worked. This forum sparked a lifelong interest in programming and glitches and old technology in general and I can't thank you all enough for this small community that still held together even when popular social media websites likes reddit sought to tear community forums apart.

its a wonder that i was a part of this community, even if i didn't play much of a part until it's end. thank you, GCL, for inspiring me when i was just 12 and teaching me what assembly was and how hexdecimal worked. It's really sad to see this gone, and while I'm proud to be a part of the community that is being created from GCL's ashes, I can't deny how this place formed me even as a lurker.

Thank you, everyone.