Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Glitch chats - Page 3

Re: Glitch chats

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-06 16:25:31
hey, i keep trying to get wild #255 glitches but the emulator keeps freezing! i have tried over 10 times! how do i get them to stop doing that so i can encounter one? i tried using cheats to put them in my party but the sprite is blank! also, is there a way to get GS pokemon into red and blue (i heard there was)?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2007-06-06 19:24:50

Yes, that is true. Well not completely Infinite.

What happens is when you go to level 0 it sets your HP really high… Something like DB8F, etc.

Thanks!  Wow, you're really helpful Newo (that was [glow=blue,2,300][shadow=blue,right][font=Verdana]NOT[/font][/shadow][/glow] sarcastic).  I can't wait to join!

Date: 2007-06-06 19:39:14

hey, i keep trying to get wild #255 glitches but the emulator keeps freezing! i have tried over 10 times! how do i get them to stop doing that so i can encounter one? i tried using cheats to put them in my party but the sprite is blank! also, is there a way to get GS pokemon into red and blue (i heard there was)?

I can't answer the 1st one, but for the 2nd one, the answer is yes.  It involves ROM hacking (NOT 'shark hacking), so you might want to ask it in that topic.

P.S. If you're a guest and you want to post here, you can make up a fake email adress (ex. I@like.pie).

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-06-07 10:07:13
I can't get email links to stop
If I posted my e-mail it would turn out as a link.

And I am glad I am helpful. I think that is why I am an admin. IDK.  ???

Date: 2007-06-10 21:50:12

I can't answer the 1st one, but for the 2nd one, the answer is yes.  It involves ROM hacking (NOT 'shark hacking), so you might want to ask it in that topic.

P.S. If you're a guest and you want to post here, you can make up a fake email adress (ex. I@like.pie).

Actually, the 255 glitch is probably too glitchy.  Also, I don't see why no sprite is a problem….

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-10 21:54:28
Bluelatios: Encounter a wild pokemon before turning the cheat code on.

Posted by: Lindz
Date: 2007-07-10 01:11:03
Hello, sorry for not registering, but I really want to know about this.

Back around 2001, I was fishing on the dock in my Crystal game. Only getting magikarps and Goldeens, I decided to surf. I only swam out a little bit,when I came across a heart shaped pokemon (couldn't remember what it was called). I tried catching it, but my mareep fainted it instead.

When I got a guide for ruby/spphire a year later, I saw luvdisc and though 'that's what that pokemon was!'. I looked up to find where I could find luvdisc in Crystal, only to find it wasn't in the game. What did I run into? ???

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-10-16 03:42:17
how do you see a wild egg\bad egg on Pokemon Pearl? :???:

Date: 2007-10-16 09:52:08

Action Replay, or by other cheating means. Inless there is an error, then you may see it.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-10-16 16:28:42

Action Replay, or by other cheating means. Inless there is an error, then you may see it.

O.K. What is the cheat?

Date: 2007-10-28 12:46:43
Because someone wanted to know how to get the super powerful glitch Rhydon I have made a VBA video for Red (because more people seem to have red than blue)
It is in two parts, because as you will see, I crashed the game on part 1 so decided to move location. Training up the Rhydon will be a bit slow, mainly because I got bored and put it on 2000% so it would go fast, so at 100% it will be very very slow. Though it is pretty obvious what is happening from Lv0 onwards so you could skip to part two.
You can do this without cheats and it also seems to work if it is a different glitch/done with the ditto trick

If you can't get the video to work, then nevermind, but it is quite interresting if it works.

PS. Note that in SGB mode the Rhydon is in Orange and Purple instead of shades of brown, suggesting that it is still counted as part MissingNo (there are two locations for what pokemon it is)

Posted by: Verinin
Date: 2007-10-29 07:16:46
How to get Female Symbol in Yellow?

Posted by: 007
Date: 2007-11-20 19:38:45

Yes, that is true. Well not completely Infinite.

What happens is when you go to level 0 it sets your HP really high… Something like DB8F, etc.

Now that's odd.  From my experience- which may be kind of unique here for not being emulated- all level 0 guys have 10 HP and 5 for all the other stats.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2008-09-05 07:26:13
How do I get an 'M that's lv. 100 or below to grow to a level above 100?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-09-05 10:29:18
You can't unless you use Gameshark.

*moves or locks since this IS a bump, /me can't decide so he does action later*

Edit 2: *moves back*