Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Programming/Scripting/Development/Web Design

Hey, BASIC Programmers... - Page 1

Hey, BASIC Programmers...

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-04-01 16:05:57
I need a program for the TI-84+ SE to solve these two equations:

Hit Point IV = ((Stat ? Level Value - 10) * 100 / Level Value ) - 2 * Base Stat ? Math.Floor(EV / 4)

and

IV = ((Math.Ceiling(Stat / Personality Value) - 5) * 100 / Level Value) - 2 * Base Stat ? Math.Floor(Effort Points / 4)

So, if anybody is up to the challenge, I would like it so that you input the values and the end result comes out.
Yeah, I don't know the base stats of every Pokemon, but I suppose I can program that.

Re: Hey, BASIC Programmers...

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-04-04 23:53:38
Easy. In Fact, I never even programmed it. a simple Google search might have solved your problem. Lemme dig around for it…
EDIT: k, got it, and uploaded it. btw, if you're just looking for an IV calculator, I'll include a good one from serebii.net

Re: Hey, BASIC Programmers...

Posted by: Gamefreak
Date: 2010-05-04 12:19:27
BASIC calculates everything inside parenthesis first, and then goes to the next level from there. It cannot do algebra or things of that nature. Also, you would need to specify multiplication operators cuz BASIC doesn't know that parenthesis after a variable/number means to multiply.

IV = ((Math.Ceiling(Stat / Personality Value) - 5) * 100 / Level Value) - 2 * Base Stat ? Math.Floor(Effort Points / 4)

Would likely be something like:

IV = ((Math.Ceiling * (Stat / Personality Value) - 5) * 100 / Level Value) - 2 * Base Stat ? Math.Floor * (Effort Points / 4)

I'm not sure what the question mark here stands for, so I'm not sure on how to proceed from there…