Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Programming/Scripting/Development/Web Design

SQL database problem - Page 1

SQL database problem

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-06-08 17:48:44
I recently installed SMF 2.0-RC1-1 on Kanto (republicofkanto.exofire.net/forum), and now the wiki (republicofkanto.exofire.net/wiki) gives error:
Kanto has a problem

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Can't contact the database server: Access denied for user 'kanto_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (localhost))

My host's (x10hosting) cPanel has no way to change or recover the MySQL database user's (kanto_admin) password (the forum has a different database and user (both kanto_forum)) and I cannot change hosts.
Help?

Re: SQL database problem

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-06-08 20:17:41
The SQL server may not be located at localhost. Check your host?s control panel for a domain for the database server.

Re: SQL database problem

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-06-08 20:28:08
It worked fine until I installed the forum, and I highly doubt the forum broke the wiki because the two have separate databases and database users.