Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Programming/Scripting/Development/Web Design

Missing? NO!'s Big Visual Basic Coding Thread - Page 1

Missing? NO!'s Big Visual Basic Coding Thread

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2011-10-18 22:15:39
So, I decided to take up Visual Basic as a class at my High School.
Being that the teaching isn't that great, some coding suggestions that I can put in basic applications such as calculators to possibly make them more flashy, or even just various snippets of code will be helpful.

Thanks, it really helps a lot.

Re: Missing? NO!'s Big Visual Basic Coding Thread

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2012-08-24 05:31:47
Some good tips in terms of not making buttslow programs: http://www.aivosto.com/vbtips/stringopt.html

Other than that, it depends on what "dialect" of VB you're using (Access, Excel, that thing that makes standalone apps that you have to pay for, etc)
If it's Excel I have dozens of modules and snippets from work that might not be useful.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-08-27 01:50:05
"Dialect" as in what program I'm using?
I'm using Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition, if that helps any. I would think that the dialect of Visual Basic that I'm using would be the most common dialect of Visual Basic, as this is through High School. And High School typically teaches the most common stuff, coding wise.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2012-08-27 05:27:42

Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition

Meaning you're coding in VB.NET, therefore my argument is invalid.