Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Programming/Scripting/Development/Web Design

online server for old pokemon games? - Page 1

online server for old pokemon games?

Posted by: forsyz
Date: 2017-07-08 01:36:21
It would be cool if we could have wifi battles with old gens i know you can do this with hamachi but it's not easy to find any players

Re: online server for old pokemon games?

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-07-08 08:10:31
I remember that there was an attempt to revive Mobile System GB, which was basically like Wi-Fi functionality before Wi-Fi even really existed.

Is that still going on? Can anyone give me an update?

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-07-08 14:01:01
There's the Pokémon Classic Network for DS games.

I remember that there was an attempt to revive Mobile System GB, which was basically like Wi-Fi functionality before Wi-Fi even really existed.

Is that still going on? Can anyone give me an update?

https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7509.0

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-07-09 11:39:05
There's also Wimmfi but no one really uses it for Gen4\5 games…
https://wiimmfi.de/ if anyone wants to read about it

Posted by: Ryccardo
Date: 2017-07-10 14:34:27

As far as I know, Wiimmfi (with a strong anti-cheating philosophy) is the most popular Wii service, while Altwfc is the leader of the DS scene (pkmnclassic.net only runs GTS and battle video hosting; altwfc runs the main Gamespy (friend list) service and Mystery gift)

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-07-12 13:13:28

As far as I know, Wiimmfi (with a strong anti-cheating philosophy) is the most popular Wii service, while Altwfc is the leader of the DS scene (pkmnclassic.net only runs GTS and battle video hosting; altwfc runs the main Gamespy (friend list) service and Mystery gift)

Interesting, thanks for that information :)

According to pkmnclassic.net, they use altwfc. Does that mean it's a more limited implementation or do they complement each other?