Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Polls

CRT monitors or LCD monitors? - Page 1

CRT monitors or LCD monitors?

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-08-05 06:39:18
CRT monitors are those large, rather bulky computer displays. LCD displays are those flat monitors that look weird when you look at them from an odd angle.

I vote for CRT monitors. They have a higher-quality display, and are not prone to dead pixels or whatever manufacturing errors that might occur in them. They are cheaper and look normal at any angle. They are also far more resistant to people who tend to punch their monitors in anger for whatever reason. (I am not one of these people, by the way.)

Re: CRT monitors or LCD monitors?

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-05 06:45:41
LCD all the way.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-08-05 06:52:54
I should probably add in plasma displays as an option, but they're more expensive than LCD monitors. They're also way too large for a computer desk.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-05 07:06:35
Real men don't need monitors, they figure out what should be on the "screen" by reading the electrical impulses from the VGA connector.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-08-05 07:33:59
CRT, LCD judt looks nice and flashy, but as far as your actual computer goes, niether do nother better than the other.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-05 07:51:22
My vote would be LCD, except for an incident I once saw in which a guy I know busted his LCD screen with his fingernail. He dug his nail in a little bit to hard into the screen, and the whole screen just busted up and wouldn't work anymore.

*Votes CRT*

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-05 10:34:31
LCD. They look nicer and the picture is better.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-08-05 10:34:42
I don't like CRT because, well, the photons aren't really photons. Phony.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-05 14:57:57
OLED ftw!

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-08-05 21:00:43
Front-Projection is my monitor of choice.