Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Polls

Gender preferations. - Page 1

Gender preferations.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-18 15:52:05
NOTE:Read the third post.
Original message down below.

Well, after I started the Pokémon Emerald GenderDex, I stopped (at least partialy) felling weird when playing as the female protagonist (in this case, some invalid genders). I kinda want to (at least once) play as the female protagonist, but I don't know when. A bunch of normal people do this (including even my brother and his friend) so I feel like I should try too. Tell me when in the poll.
Also, tell me which gender do you prefer to play as and why.

NOTE:I will be changing this poll to "which game do you want me to do like this" on October 2522. For now, keep voting.
NOTE2:Due to this poll's unactivity. I shortened it by a few more days.

Re: Gender preference.

Posted by: Max
Date: 2016-10-21 16:00:32
I would recommend playing which ever gender you think is more fun. For me, in a role-playing setting (Pokémon included) I like to be immersed in the game.

Personally I play role-playing games as a male protagonist. I do this because, as a male (who gender-identifies as male), it takes extra effort to immerse myself in a game where I am female. For me personally, dialogue addressing me with female pronouns may break the suspension of disbelief.

Re: Gender preferations.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-21 16:39:10
Well, I guess I'll flip a coin three times whenever I start a new save file. I have now decided differently, I'll play as who I want. Re-Locked the thread.