Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Polls

Moon leaked. Should I use it? - Page 1

Moon leaked. Should I use it?

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-09 06:24:45
Well, as the full version of Moon was leaked recently, should I play the game before release? Or wait until 18th?

Re: Moon leaked. Should I use it?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2016-11-09 06:51:26
I will admit it is very tempting.
I have a homebrew compatible 2DS
but I'm actually going to wait until release
so that I will be playing along with the rest
of the world.

Obviously it is my preference to wait until
release but if the hype is killing you go for it  ;)

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-11-09 07:20:26
I've already been playing it, naturally, since I have CFW on my 3DS.

Date: 2016-11-12 05:40:12
Well, Sun also got leaked, but I couldn't find the .cia on Google Drive, and I don't want to use MEGA as it has a 300MB/3h limit for popular files, and I don't want to have my PC run for three days straight.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-11-12 06:07:58
use megatools, nice cli mega client which doesn't care about any limitations.

Date: 2016-11-12 11:21:20
Is it free?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-11-13 01:08:11
I think a lot of people have already taken the dive so I don't think you'll be a rarity to NOT use the ROM of either Sun or Moon. At a Smash tournament I was at yesterday, lots of people were playing Sun and Moon on their 3DSs between matches while I avoided them to avoid spoilers (lol).

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2016-11-13 08:37:07
Just play it. Even if you're still buying a cartridge, you can copy your save over to it using JKSM. There's not much reason not to play and you'll be way more prone to be spoiled if you keep delaying.

I've been playing it since the 8th (when it leaked). Good games so far.

Date: 2016-11-13 10:28:57
Ummm could anyone maybe PM me a GDrive link for Sun? Not sure if that would be rule-breaking, but… please?
I looked all over the GbaTemp thread and couldn't find it.
If no, then at least say which page it was.

Date: 2016-11-13 19:48:55

Ummm could anyone maybe PM me a GDrive link for Sun? Not sure if that would be rule-breaking, but… please?
I looked all over the GbaTemp thread and couldn't find it.
If no, then at least say which page it was.

PM'd. Also, GBATemp doesn't condone piracy, and even hinting it can cause a massive shitstorm and drama due to its immature userbase, so be extra careful and don't look for this there. Idk if I'm allowed to say names here, but usually CIAs especially from leaked games and very early launched games are easier to find on 3DSISO (it's generally a good site for CIAs but most officially released stuff get on FreeShop pretty quick and you should download from it whenever possible). You gotta use pretty strong adblock extensions and scripts though, because a lot of uploaders use Adfly or Linkbucks shit.

Date: 2016-11-14 00:52:20
Well, thank you. I might start playing today, I might.
But, if it's in two parts, what do I need to do?

Date: 2016-11-14 06:29:06

Well, thank you. I might start playing today, I might.
But, if it's in two parts, what do I need to do?

Just download both, make sure both are in the same folder, and then extract the first one (it'll find the second one automatically.

Date: 2016-11-14 07:19:05
I think my brother wouldn't let me install that because he doesn't want me to take the 3DS for the next, ummm, month.

Goddamn it.
And everything collapsed. Anyway, thanks, I guess.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2016-11-17 20:43:04
I hope no one tried to go online with the pirate copies because bans have been given out to any Nintendo Account using them for online play.  This includes eShop, other games, etc.