Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Name Changes - Page 5

Re: Name Changes

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-04 21:21:40
Old Name: CJMiller
New Name: Shinji Ikari/MissingNo. (remove illegal characters as needed)
Reason: I am an Evangelion and Pok?mon glitch fan.

Also, what happened to having user ranks named after glitches?  I have 52 posts, and yet my rank is still "GCLF User" instead of "Charizard 'M".  Also, how many ranks do I need to get a star?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-04 21:50:18
Uh, the stars were removed a long time ago due to too many spammers.

Date: 2009-02-04 21:53:39
All the mods and admins have 5 stars.

Also, what happened to having user ranks named after glitches?  I have 52 posts, and yet my rank is still "GCLF User" instead of "Charizard 'M".

Date: 2009-02-04 21:55:50
Sorry I meant the stars for the forum ranks, not the mod/admin ranks.

Date: 2009-02-04 21:57:26
Once again,

Also, what happened to having user ranks named after glitches?  I have 52 posts, and yet my rank is still "GCLF User" instead of "Charizard 'M".

Date: 2009-02-04 22:00:20
I already told you, they were removed because spammers spammed all over the forums to INCREASE their rank so Abwayax, removed them so stop asking the same fucking question over. I'm gonna vanish before the admins kill me for going off topic.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-02-04 22:39:50
There are no ranks based solely on post, excluding the 50 post level needed to access the off topic category. At GCLF members strive to "rank up" based on quality of their posts and experience gained from posting, not the quantity. This is also why display of post count is turned off.

You're an excellent candidate for Member+ though, from what I can tell.

Edit: Right now there are nineteen names carrying the name of MissingNo. If it were up to me I'd force people not to use the word in their names at all, as it does tend to make things confusing.

… Wait, it is up to me…!

Date: 2009-02-04 22:46:05
19? Never knew there was that many. It's a good thing I changed my name when I did. So, it'll be less confusing. And yes Abwayax, it is up to you because you are the main admin of the forums. Perhaps, if there was away to cut down on the "MissingNo." problem then it might help seeing as too many will confuse the hell out of everyone.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-05 19:00:04
Okay I've decided to Change my name to Glisp Afterall because I don't want to be part of the glitchhunter cliche on this site any longer. (waaaay too many people in that cliche. Maybe we should do something about that name too.) I from now on on these forums want to be referred to as Glisp.

Keeping in tradition with everyone else:

Old name:glitchhunter09
New name:Glisp
Reason for change: too many glitchhunters already.

(Relax, I'm not planning on deleting my Youtube account.)

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-02-05 20:38:13
Old name: Axaj
New name: Trebla_clef
Reason: Trebla_Clef=Phwnage

Date: 2009-02-05 22:24:00
I think Trebla_clef = fail.  Oh, the fail…

Date: 2009-02-06 01:23:04
I'm a glitch hunter, but I changed my name for my own reasons, plus I can understand MissingNo. being a famous glitch and all but do we really need THIS many named as MissingNo? It's just… crazy.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-02-06 14:08:24

Old name: Axaj
New name: Trebla_clef
Reason: Trebla_Clef=Phwnage

Uppercase C or lower case c  in Trebla_C/clef since you're giving me two spellings and I'm just making sure.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-02-07 11:44:41
Upper case C, sorry for the misspell.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-02-09 18:06:01
Old name= Mr. TTT
New name= doublemacks

I go through many more name changes than you'd think, you know.