Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

G/S/C Remake? - Page 2

Re: G/S/C Remake?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-20 15:56:50

You guys are no fun. POKEMON IS COOL

Sorry but, it's not.

Posted by: jacob and drew glitchmast
Date: 2007-08-01 06:35:38
how could you say that???  :o :o :o :o

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-08-03 16:33:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_eBas5ZjvE&mode=related&search=

Is it fake or real? Decide for yourselves.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-08-04 21:57:38
It's fake, and has been around since April.

Pokemon Platinum fails for programming a game in Game Maker (ugh) and not having a demo released despite being around for well over a year.

Shiny Gold is overrated but good anyway.

And I don't want a remake.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-08-27 12:29:47
that'd be great, a GSC remake. then again, some people really hate Johto. It really has the same chance of happening as FirerEd and LeafGreen did of coming out.

Posted by: missingno_master
Date: 2007-08-27 20:25:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_eBas5ZjvE&mode=related&search=

Is it fake or real? Decide for yourselves.

This vid is more convinsing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyHn5mDUuzI&NR=1

Date: 2007-09-13 05:21:45
I would have it only linked to Kanto (via.Magnet Train, SS Aqua), like the original. If they add something else, it should be completely new (more Sevii islands maybe?).

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-24 17:42:47
I'm all for a remake. Here's why.

I loved the remakes of Red and Blue. It was extended and the improved graphics didn't hurt either, not to mention that you could finally have Bulbasaur in the 3rd gen. But those weren't the only reasons. I had discovered glitches by then, and that's all I used my old games for, glitches. With the mostly glitchless remakes, I could play the game properly without being distracted by MissingNos or glitched Dittos and whatnot.

Whenever I find a GBC Gameshark, Crystal and Silver are probably gonna go to hell. So a improved remake where I could still play them normally sounds good to me. 

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-09-24 17:53:23
As for me…. well fuck it I want a remake good enough for me.

Date: 2007-09-24 18:12:11
They were remakes of Red and Green.
Anyway, I dunno about the red Gyarados…just doesn't seem right. Originally it was there to introdce us to shinies, nowadays it would kinda make it unfair to those (succeeding) shiny Magikarp unters. You know what I mean?

Date: 2007-09-25 13:59:27
Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe it should be a random Shiny Pokemon instead? That way everyone could get at least one shiny, but not the same one.

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-25 16:21:09
With the mostly glitchless remakes, I could play the game properly without being distracted by MissingNos or glitched Dittos and whatnot.

The original R/B, if you play it the way the game intended(No glitches/speed tricks/etc), will be totally fine.

Date: 2007-09-25 17:05:59

Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe it should be a random Shiny Pokemon instead? That way everyone could get at least one shiny, but not the same one.
Still makes it unfair to (hard working) hunters. Remember, there was no GTS in GSC.
edit: Actually if it's random it's even worse, as it in a way disguises it. If its just a Gyarados, then there'd be a lot of now somewhat worth less (not worthless) shiny Gyarados.

Date: 2007-09-25 17:47:36

With the mostly glitchless remakes, I could play the game properly without being distracted by MissingNos or glitched Dittos and whatnot.

The original R/B, if you play it the way the game intended(No glitches/speed tricks/etc), will be totally fine.

Of course, I know that. By distracted I mean I'm more likely to want to mess with glitches than actually raise my team properly. So to that extent I don't play R/B/Y as the games they were meant to be anymore. That's why I'm glad I have Firered/Leafgreen.

Still makes it unfair to (hard working) hunters. Remember, there was no GTS in GSC.
edit: Actually if it's random it's even worse, as it in a way disguises it. If its just a Gyarados, then there'd be a lot of now somewhat worth less (not worthless) shiny Gyarados.

I see what you're saying.