Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Favorite Pokemon Type - Page 5

Re: Favorite Pokemon Type

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-16 17:59:51
When exactly in the cartoon does an electric attack have no effect on a non-ground rock Pokemon?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-09-16 18:00:48
People just get confuse and think it is no effective due to the brown color of pokemon so they think it doesn't work on both types.

Date: 2007-09-16 18:02:18
Probably because every friggin Rock pokemon in Gen 1 is also Ground, so they think naturally that Rock has some immunity to Electric.

Meh. The cartoon screwed up the mechanics of the game so badly.

Date: 2007-09-16 18:06:50
Yeah most of the 1st gen are Rock/Ground, and the Anime sucks these days honestly.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-17 16:08:08
Meh. The cartoon screwed up the mechanics of the game so badly.
The mechanics you can't blame them for. I mean, DVs?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-17 19:05:49
Ash's Pikachu must be level gazillion by now.

Date: 2007-09-17 19:10:31
Lol yeah and it is supposedly the strongest pokemon ever, at least, that is what I heard.

Date: 2007-09-17 19:13:39
I remember hearing a theory that Ash's Pikachu is actually a Mew stuck in a transformed state.

Of course, I've also heard the theory that Ho-oh is Ash's father and that Ash is a transformed Pokemon.

…So XD

Date: 2007-09-17 19:22:20

I remember hearing a theory that Ash's Pikachu is actually a Mew stuck in a transformed state.

Of course, I've also heard the theory that Ho-oh is Ash's father and that Ash is a transformed Pokemon.

…So XD

Lol yeah pretty wierd stuff, I heard somewhere that Mewtwo is ashes father and I went O_o because I thought to myself "How the hell did Mewtwo get laid by ashes mom, and, why would that kid be human" XD.

Date: 2007-09-17 20:14:11
Also heard that Giovanni was Ash's dad (plays Darth Vader music).

Personally I think Ash's dad is some fisherman in Sinnoh XP

Back on topic somewhat (though I'd love to hear what other theories about the show you've heard), it's always fun to fry stuff with fire. Ninetails ftw!

Date: 2007-09-17 20:27:39

Also heard that Giovanni was Ash's dad (plays Darth Vader music).

Personally I think Ash's dad is some fisherman in Sinnoh XP

Back on topic somewhat (though I'd love to hear what other theories about the show you've heard), it's always fun to fry stuff with fire. Ninetails ftw!

Well Gio isn't since somewhere in gsc this guy says that Gio's son has red hair, I can't remember at the moment I'll have to think, yeah Ninetails is pretty cool.

Date: 2007-09-17 20:33:41
Heh, I know it's not as powerful as Charizard, but oh well. Grass is cool too, with all the status effects and Leech Seed.

Oh yeah, I think it's the scientist w/ the stolen gem needed to make the national trading machine work in FR/LG. He's probably referring to the Rival in G/S/C, who has red hair. Of course, Richie has red hair as well. And that doesn't mean that Giovanni only has one son either…

Date: 2007-09-17 20:42:30

Heh, I know it's not as powerful as Charizard, but oh well. Grass is cool too, with all the status effects and Leech Seed.

Oh yeah, I think it's the scientist w/ the stolen gem needed to make the national trading machine work in FR/LG. He's probably referring to the Rival in G/S/C, who has red hair. Of course, Richie has red hair as well. And that doesn't mean that Giovanni only has one son either…

Yeah, what makes you think it is a scientist? Oh and this isn't related to the topic so go make a different thread.

Date: 2007-09-17 21:33:30

Lol yeah and it is supposedly the strongest pokemon ever, at least, that is what I heard.

It got its ass kicked by Entei in Movie 3.

As a matter of fact, Pikachu didn't stand a chance against any of the legendaries.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2007-09-18 02:35:01
Yeah, but the Entei in Movie 3 was using a Gameshark code.