Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The "ZOMG THE ANIME IS WEIRD" thread - Page 2

Re: The "ZOMG THE ANIME IS WEIRD" thread

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-02 16:10:36

What do you guys think of the "Giovanni is Ash's father" theory?

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e6/Giovanni_red_hair.png[/img]
In the manga, that IS Silver. Anyway, another thing about type mixups is how Ash's Pikachu can't hurt Rock types. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-02 17:18:07
Which episode(s) have that? Is it the one with Aerodactyl?

I've heard Ash's dad is Ho-oh :P

Date: 2007-10-02 17:19:28
Specifically the Roxxanne (sp?) episode.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-10-02 17:20:06
Lol yea I told you about that one didn't I? Part of it is that ash is actually a transformed pokemon  O_o.

Date: 2007-10-02 17:26:38
Actually, I believe that was the one I told you :P. In the type thread, right? That, and Pikachu was a transformed Mew.

Roxanne? That late? Strange…it would almost make sense for an early episode, since most Rock types were Ground types too.

Date: 2007-10-02 17:27:24
Back then it would make sense :P.

Date: 2007-10-02 17:39:18
I know

I wonder what's up with the "clone symdrome" in the Pokemon world. Just look at all the Joys and Jennys walking around. Brock's dad looks a lot like him, the princess from the Lucario movie looks just like the one in the past, and Riley from Diamond/Pearl looks just like Sir Aarron from the Lucario movie except he wears a suit and has blue hair instead of black.

…Does Riley appear in the Diamond/Pearl anime, btw?

Date: 2007-10-03 13:51:51
Aaron is based off of him.Having a lookalike (with a different name) would be pretty stupid.

Date: 2007-10-03 14:30:02
Really? I thought it was the other way around. (Didn't the Lucario movie come out before D/P?)

Date: 2007-10-03 14:38:28
Come out yes, but they were probably already on that in DP at the time.

Date: 2007-10-03 14:56:25
Hmm…true. The Lucario movei was made to promte D/P after all.

One thing that makes me wonder…when they say in the movie that Ash has "the same aura" as Sir Aarron, doesn't it sound like they're saying he's Ash's ancestor (with inherited powers and such)?

Maybe Riley is Ash's dad (shot)

How old is Riley supposed to be anyway?

Date: 2007-10-03 15:05:49
New thing to bring up, from the PkMn Ranger/Deoxys Special:
Ash: Has there ever been a Deoxys sighting on earth, Officer Jenny? (something along those lines anyway)
Jenny: Well, once a Deoxys attacked Larousse City.
Ash: Oah! (his usual sound like that anyway)
Umm…this isn't the Mewtwo movie, he still has his memory O_o. Sure they never mention them, but this is going too ar.

Date: 2007-10-03 15:10:44
Yeah, that makes no sense…

You know the beginning bit in the Manaphy movie, where they show a Rayquaza being capture + experimented on? Is that from an actual epsiode, or did Team Rocket WIN for once? I recognize the scientist and Rocket pair from the Raikou episodes in Pokemon Chronicles.

Date: 2007-10-03 15:13:48
No, that's just an extra.

Date: 2007-10-03 15:23:39
Oh, okay, that's what I thought. That's a neat extra though, letting the bad guys win for once.

Ever seen the "Pokepolis" episode, with the giant Pokemon? I love that episode, but it is weeeeeird XD.