Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Can Platinum get any more stupid? - Page 1

Can Platinum get any more stupid?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-05-12 19:46:23
Pokemon Platinum!
The 3rd Sinnoh game, Giratina on the box.
Underground now Wi-Fi enabled.
Regigigas has a SKY FORM.
Shaymin has a ANOTHER FORME. THAT'S WHAT IT'S CALLED.
GIRATINA HAS A ORIGIN FORME.
Shaymin is part ICE.
There is a Battle Isle. Same as Battle Frontier.
There is a NEW SUNYSHORE LEADER.
Release in September.
Don't believe me?
Go to Seribii.
Read the whole page.
Pokemon Platinum: The DUMBEST POKEMON GAME EVER.

Re: Can pokemon get more stupid?

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-05-12 20:06:48
Except for the part where you forgot to explain how all of this is oh so terrible.

Also, I checked Serebii:

None of this is 100% confirmed

So don't get your panties in a bunch.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-05-12 20:51:54
Honestly, who didn't see this coming? I held off buying a DS with Diamond or Pearl partly for this reason.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-05-12 21:26:50
It'd be more believable if it weren't for the "Shaymin is ice" thing. Can they just change a pokemon's type like that on a whim? I mean, yeah they could, but in the middle of a generation?

Oh and nearly all the googles for "Pokemon Platinum" are about some vaporware G/S/C revamp game.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-05-13 10:00:31

It'd be more believable if it weren't for the "Shaymin is ice" thing. Can they just change a pokemon's type like that on a whim? I mean, yeah they could, but in the middle of a generation?

Oh and nearly all the googles for "Pokemon Platinum" are about some vaporware G/S/C revamp game.

Try Seribii and then there is a scan of the ad.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-05-13 10:57:02

Well, they changed Deoxys's stats on a whim…

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-05-13 21:00:18
Yes, but they've never changed types that shouldn't have been changed. But, of course, Magnemite LOOKS metal, but Shaymin looks grass.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-05-13 21:34:42
That wasn't a type change though. The "form" gimmick doesn't really make much of an inconsistency within a generation. Changing a type does.

amph: I said within a generation. The Magnemite family's type change didn't create an inconsistency because it was from Gen 1 to Gen 2, two generations that weren't battle compatible.

Date: 2008-05-13 21:43:12
Well, yes, but since they have never done it before, they probably never will. That is what I was getting to.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-05-20 16:06:25
It said nowhere that Shaymin was going to become part Ice type. I can see where you might have misread though. In that case, what's stupid?

Re: Can Pokémon get more stupid?

Date: 2008-05-20 16:10:02
Ooh, correct. Oops. Heh, heh.

Date: 2008-05-23 18:59:37
Yeah, the Another Forme had a possibility of being Ice-type.

Date: 2008-05-23 19:01:02
Oh, and update. Shaymin is FLYING type. It looks AWESOME. Just like Giratina. So, Pokemon/Nintendo still rocks.
Go to Serebii.net.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-05-23 19:07:40
I want the game!

Date: 2008-05-23 19:07:49

Oh, and update. Shaymin is FLYING type. It looks AWESOME. Just like Giratina. So, Pokemon/Nintendo still rocks.
Go to Serebii.net.
I'm still going with the idea it might be fake. But there's a possibility…