Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon Meat? o.O - Page 4

Re: Pokemon Meat? o.O

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-12-01 15:27:01

Mostly because you almost NEVER see or hear of animals in the Pokemon world.

Almost never isn't never.

That, and most people would usually think Pokemon has only Pokemon and humans in the Pokemon world, when they start playing/watching Pokemon.

That isn't a valid point.

Also, humans ARE Pokemon number #000… *shot*

Who let you use a computer?

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2008-12-01 19:05:43

Mostly because you almost NEVER see or hear of animals in the Pokemon world.

Almost never isn't never.

That, and most people would usually think Pokemon has only Pokemon and humans in the Pokemon world, when they start playing/watching Pokemon.

That isn't a valid point.

Also, humans ARE Pokemon number #000… *shot*

Who let you use a computer?

Point 1: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22almost+never%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
That, and the Pokemon anime seems to have contradictions anyway. I don't consider it canon to Pokemon. The fish seen in one of the Pokemon anime episodes might be unknown Pokemon, though I haven't watched it in a while.

Point 2: It is a semi-valid point. If you want people to think there are animals in the Pokemon world, you'd more likely point it out and make it clear. The point has to do with the game designers' intentions.

Point 3: Take a joke and perhaps learn of evolution. In the real world, it's commonly accepted that humans evolved from apes. In the Pokemon world, humans may have evolved from Primapes. That's an evolution joke I thought up a while ago.
Oh, and I'm quite proficient with computers, thank you.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-12-03 07:34:32
1. Right, still, there are lot more times when they mentioned or showed animals then just in the first few episodes.
2. They don't make a lot things clear. It took me a week to get a starter in Pokemon Red because they tell you not to go into the grass without a Pokemon when that's exactly what they want you to do.
3. That was a joke too. You can laugh now. 

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-12-04 02:38:52
I miss the times when they ate Miltank burgers.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-12-06 21:56:30

Well, I thought a bit about this.

In Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, there IS reference to someone eating Pokemon. Where, I don't remember, but I think it was in a library.

The Pokemon world might be flat and have infinite lands and oceans, and Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, etc are the only place in the world that have Pokemon.

Maybe they use dimensional teleporters to teleport to our world and steal our animals.

Or maybe it's all someone's dream, filled with plot holes like a lot of dreams are.
THIS IS NOT F.E.D.
STFU

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2008-12-06 22:20:40

Well, I thought a bit about this.

In Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, there IS reference to someone eating Pokemon. Where, I don't remember, but I think it was in a library.

The Pokemon world might be flat and have infinite lands and oceans, and Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, etc are the only place in the world that have Pokemon.

Maybe they use dimensional teleporters to teleport to our world and steal our animals.

Or maybe it's all someone's dream, filled with plot holes like a lot of dreams are.
THIS IS NOT F.E.D.
STFU

How do you know? It's a simple concept.