Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

I bought Pearl, and its boring - Page 1

I bought Pearl, and its boring

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-01-14 20:10:36
Worst Pokemon game ever (Crystal is the best).

Re: I bought Pearl, and its boring

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-01-15 10:08:02
That's just your opinion.

Date: 2009-01-15 12:04:13

That's just your opinion.

I never said it wasn't.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-01-15 12:53:02
Diamond and Pearl, are exactly the same games, but like with R/B, certain Pokemon are available on Diamond only, and some are only on Pearl. Dialga, is only on Diamond, and Palkia, is only on Pear.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-15 15:32:23

Diamond and Pearl, are exactly the same games, but like with R/B, certain Pokemon are available on Diamond only, and some are only on Pearl. Dialga, is only on Diamond, and Palkia, is only on Pear.

And where the hell did this come from?

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-01-15 16:23:17
Yeah it's boring, I mean, I got mine two years ago and I still haven't finished it because of the boredom in creates.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-01-15 17:16:55

And they are both on platinum

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-01-15 18:50:47
I can understand some people not liking it, but worst Pokemon game ever? Obviously you've never played Pokemon Channel or Pokemon Box.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-01-15 18:53:55

I can understand some people not liking it, but worst Pokemon game ever? Obviously you've never played Pokemon Channel or Pokemon Box.

I understand the comment about Pok?mon Box, but I thought Pok?mon Channel was actually fun.

Date: 2009-01-15 20:51:32

I wasn't considering those.

By now the original concept is getting old (what made the originals great was that the idea was fresh and original), and they are just trying to throw new gimmicks into the mix to make things "fun".

"Oooooo a pokemon contest".
Who cares.

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2009-01-15 21:10:49
I actually have to agree with you on this one. To me, it looks like Game Freak's working more on adding gimmicks to the Pokemon games than trying to create something new and interesting, that as you already pointed out, made it different than every other RPG game when it first came out. They seem to have completely run out of creativity with the newer games; something I noticed around the 3rd generation. While the first generation had a unique antagonistic team whose goals to merely use Pokemon to make money were very realistic in the setting, and you found them as a believable foe. This idea, along with naming every evil organization "Team Something" in each game, has transformed into a group of people with uniform haircuts who wants to take over some dimension or something. Once I saw that they had put spikes on the sides of their "secret headquarters", I stopped paying any attention to them.

The creative ideas for the Pokemon themselves has definately gotten worse too, and I don't think any of these new 4th generation Pokemon are as cool as the 1st generation. It's not that D/P are bad games in themselves, it just looks more like Game Freak has made so much money off the franchise they're not trying to update the style of gameplay from generation to generation, and things have started to get repetitive.

I haven't played Platinum, so perhaps they've improved on a few things, though I admit I'm tired of seeing seperate "Pokemon Formes" as an excuse to create new, original Pokemon. It just seems lazy, and I'd rather see them add more regular Pokemon than legendaries which can't be used competitively.

Date: 2009-01-15 21:39:07
I've been active on competitive D/P sites since the game out (before I bought it). The metagame is destroyed. Garchomp is broken. Platinum is going to screw things over even more with Bullet Punch-Scizor and DD-Outrage Salamence.

The GTS was a good idea, but it could have been implemented much better.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-01-15 22:44:58
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000001

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-01-16 02:11:45

Channel sucked, but Box really can't ne nominated for sucking. It's a utility!
Anyway, while 4th gen may have the worst main canon games, they're still not that bad I think.

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-18 13:16:39
i felt same way about ruby and sapphire.. never played ds pokemon. but i agree crystal is best. by the bye platinum is coming out and u got to buy it if you want the poke chat etc. not that im going to buy it just to let u know