Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Under/overrated pokemon - Page 1

Under/overrated pokemon

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-22 10:24:23
Just post pokemon that you think are under/overrated.  I think Lanturn is very underrated.  It has great HP and SA, Volt Absorb, and a great type combo.

Re: Under/overrated pokemon

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-04-22 15:29:16
You know there are tiers for this. (UU, OU, NU (which has recently been closed in some sites.))

I think that Skarmory is WAY too overrated. It drives me up the wall!
I may have some bias in this area, but Ampharos needs to be shown some love.

Date: 2009-04-22 18:30:07
Of course I know about tiers.  I'm talking mostly about popularity/usage.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-22 20:49:48
Jynx is definitly underrated. Its special defense and special attack are in the 300 zone.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-04-22 22:48:21
^Jynx has only 35 base defense and would get nuked by any physical attack.

Personally I think Registeel makes for a nifty mixed wall of sorts.

Date: 2009-04-23 17:31:34

That's why it will pwn against a psychic type.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-05-04 18:12:19
Tentacruel's kind of underrated.

Date: 2009-05-04 19:13:26

Tentacruel's kind of underrated.

Nah, it's in OU on Shoddy.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-04 20:21:02

It's possible to get a Jynx with stats of :

HP: 274
Attack: 136
Defense: 168
Speed: 226
Sp. Attack: 300
Sp. Def: 253

168 doesn't sound like it'll be nuked in one hit. Especially if you're holding Soft Clay and use Reflect which makes Reflect last 5-8 turns.  Of course you can use Brick Break to remove it, but that's where Sweet Kiss/Water Pulse comes in to try to prevent it via confusion then you just spam the other two moves while rebuilding the reflect wall when needed. (Psychic and Shadow Ball, possibly Blizzard.)

Date: 2009-05-04 20:24:27

168 doesn't sound like it'll be nuked in one hit. Especially if you're holding Soft Clay and use Reflect which makes Reflect last 5-8 turns.  Of course you can use Brick Break to remove it, but that's where Sweet Kiss/Water Pulse comes in to try to prevent it via confusion then you just spam the other two moves while rebuilding the reflect wall when needed. (Psychic and Shadow Ball, possibly Blizzard.)

What it really is, is all about stragety, just don't put Jynx in against a physical Pokemon.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-05-05 17:09:50

What it really is, is all about stragety, just don't put Jynx in against a physical Pokemon.

Occasionally you have no choice as to what Pokemon you are up against.

Flygon is somewhat underrated. While it was replaced by the more powerful Garchomp in D/P/P and cannot hold it's own against other Dragon types, Levitate allows it to coordinate with other Pokemon that know Earthquake in double battles. In R/S/E Flygon is useful while trying to beat the game (though it's a pain to train a Trapinch) because you can have a pokemon that knows Fly and will beat Drake (Bagon, Snorunt, Spheal, etc. are inaccessible for most of the game, making integrating them into your team at the last minute a nightmare.)

Date: 2009-05-05 17:26:24
I agree with Flygon being underrated, some underrated Pokemon can really be good Pokemon.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-05-05 17:28:55
Starmie can be pretty good and it's not a fairly often used Pokemon. I have one that knows Thunderbolt, Surf, Ice Beam, and Psychic.

Date: 2009-05-05 17:30:55

Starmie can be pretty good and it's not a fairly often used Pokemon. I have one that knows Thunderbolt, Surf, Ice Beam, and Psychic.

It can learn a wide varitey of combo moves, say, Rain Dance and Thunder.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-05-05 17:37:29
I believe that Regice is somewhat underrated. The special defense and special attack that it possesses is excellent. However, its defence isn't all too good, but at least it is great against Psychic types.