Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Under/overrated pokemon - Page 2

Re: Under/overrated pokemon

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-05-05 20:36:09
Snorlax isn't commonly used but can be good because it takes a long time to kill.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-05 21:14:09

Snorlax isn't commonly used but can be good because it takes a long time to kill.

It's the exact same with Blissey.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-05 23:35:43

Snorlax isn't commonly used

It's the exact same with Blissey.

Absolutely not the case.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-06 01:50:25
Gliscor is a great physical and can learn a few specials like ice fang to make up for the fact that it has very poor special stats but its still good overall and earthquake rocks on Gliscor.

Date: 2009-05-06 02:18:37
Ice Fang isn't special due to the physical/special split in Generation IV.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-05-12 19:23:57
Pikachu… Overrated, in my opinion. Too many people like Pikachu, and I simply do not see why.

Date: 2009-05-12 20:30:10
Because of marketing and whatnot.

Posted by: 007
Date: 2009-05-12 20:58:54
Parasect in the first generation: underrated.  Anything that stands a real chance of killing Mewtwos is pretty good, and if you can use the Q glitch to rip that Spore move off of him and throw it into something better, great.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-05-12 21:10:19
I think Koffing is a pretty underrated pokemon. I know from experience how well a trained koffing can do in battle if its also used right. My friend Brandon's Mewtwo honestly has nothing on my Koffing (The Koffing is the product of a LOT of breeding as well as the most focussed training I have ever done. I spent more time with this one Koffing than any other pokemon I have on Diamond.) The Koffing is possibly my prized pokemon, as well as my first shiny.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-05-12 21:47:21

I think Koffing is a pretty underrated pokemon. I know from experience how well a trained koffing can do in battle if its also used right. My friend Brandon's Mewtwo honestly has nothing on my Koffing (The Koffing is the product of a LOT of breeding as well as the most focussed training I have ever done. I spent more time with this one Koffing than any other pokemon I have on Diamond.) The Koffing is possibly my prized pokemon, as well as my first shiny.

Um, are you going to evolve it into Weezing?

Date: 2009-05-12 21:54:40
Your friend Brandon must suck at Pokemon pretty badly.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-05-13 06:41:25
1) No. I do not want it to evolve. Its already level 94.
2) I've learned that almost anything can fend well against anything else if its used correctly. It has lost its share of battles, but Koffing and Weezing are probobly the only pokemon I really know how to use inside and out.

I don't usually like to use Koffing in "real" battles, more for contests.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-05-28 15:38:04
Any unevolved pokemon is underrated, I can beat dialgas with combusken :) just use agility and reversal

Dunsparce = super underrated

People underestimate him but with the right conditions you can get in about a 65% chance your opponent will flinch plus he can be quite defensive