Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Who keeps sending me PAR? - Page 1

Who keeps sending me PAR?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-04-29 20:59:30
This may not still be going on, but in the GTS in D/P, a Mew under level 9 was constantly asked for. The Mew obtained at the September Toys R Us event a few years ago was level 10, so therefore the aforementioned Mew is impossible to achieve without a cheating device. As many people did, I put up a Level 100 (cloned in Emerald, of course) and asked for a Mew, 9 and under. I received a shiny Mew, level 1, named PAR. Sadly, it was untradable (which begs the question of how I got it in the first place). I put up another Level 100, hoping for a different Mew. I got PAR again, identical to the first.

Who is sending PAR?

Re: Who keeps sending me PAR?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-29 21:09:10
Sounds like an anti-hacker/error trap. Those have been around for both Mew and Deoxys since Firered and Leafgreen. (both versions 1.0 and 1.1) Luckily there have been since ways around these traps. However you cannot control the level since my methods generally involve bringing the battles from the events to me without going anywhere. A truely Legit Mew through hacking can be caught in Emerald with my Method. However it will always be at level 30 but on the plus size you can catch as many as you want. There is also one for Deoxys in both Fr/Lg and Emerald. Plus Deoxys' battle them can be heard with this method as opposed to Wild pokemon modifier. They can also be safely traded to Diamond and Pearl with very little difficulty. These cheat codes only work on GameShark SP though sadly.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-04-29 21:15:24
They do have a anti-hack/error trap, but it does nothing like that.
Anyway, someone keeps trading you those

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-04-29 21:34:35
PAR is Level 2, not level 1. The OT is Japanese characters and the ID # is 12345 (which is pretty generic). Apparently it had a fateful encounter at level 10. The stats are normal for Mew.

Due to the ID #, I'd say that this is probably an error trap. But why PAR?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-29 21:36:22
Perhaps, you got this Mew, from an Japanese player. Some people do nickname their Pokemon, as I keep thinking (don't ask why), that PAR - Paralyzed.

Date: 2009-04-29 21:41:33
Maybe it stands for Pro Action Replay. Actually I'm not really sure but I have read on Bulbapedia that there are glitched up pokemon in the Wifi pokemon request thingy. You also can end up getting a prototype Key item being held by them. I think its the Medal Sack or whatever its called , I forgot the name. Most likely it is no ordinary Mew and is one that has glitched up properties of sorts. In other words the game sees it as a regular pokemon and it acts like one but at the same time it is abnormal in many other areas. That name leads to my suspicion you keep getting a glitched up pokemon. Check to see if its holding an item you never knew existed. If so then it is a glitched up pokemon.

Date: 2009-04-29 21:43:02
I know you can get cheated Pokemon, where some do have normal stats, even if the picture is screwy. So basically, this "PAR", and the OT, could be Japanese, with an PAR, and used an code to get a Mew. Since the Wi-Fi, is all over the world, you could be getting a Mew, that's from an Japanese player, who has either glitched up their game from too many codes, or has an army of this PAR Mews.

Date: 2009-04-29 21:44:54
There are 5 items that are unused plus many ???????? items

And, IT is still considered "legit" by the game.
Some hacke rprobally gave it to yah

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-29 21:46:02

Maybe it stands for Pro Action Replay. Actually I'm not really sure but I have read on Bulbapedia that there are glitched up pokemon in the Wifi pokemon request thingy. You also can end up getting a prototype Key item being held by them. I think its the Medal Sack or whatever its called , I forgot the name. Most likely it is no ordinary Mew and is one that has glitched up properties of sorts. In other words the game sees it as a regular pokemon and it acts like one but at the same time it is abnormal in many other areas. That name leads to my suspicion you keep getting a glitched up pokemon. Check to see if its holding an item you never knew existed. If so then it is a glitched up pokemon.

There are glitched Pokemon on the GTS.
If you nickame a Pokemon (Let's say, Registeel) and nickname it by another Pokemon, (Nickname the Registeel, Treeko) the sprite of the Pokemon will be of the Pokemon that the Pokemon is named after. (Registeel looks like a Treeko)
These Pokemon, every time I try to get one, it says that it was already traded.

Date: 2009-04-29 21:49:45
That probably means that Game Freak has been working on GTS.

Date: 2009-04-29 21:50:39

If you nickame a Pokemon (Let's say, Registeel) and nickname it by another Pokemon, (Nickname the Registeel, Treeko) the sprite of the Pokemon will be of the Pokemon that the Pokemon is named after. (Registeel looks like a Treeko)
These Pokemon, every time I try to get one, say that it was already traded.
FYI, that actually MEANS that the pokemon was traded, and one side hasn't picked up the pokemon.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-29 21:55:10

These Pokemon, every time I try to get one, say that it was already traded.
FYI, that actually MEANS that the pokemon was traded, and one side hasn't picked up the pokemon.

Or it could mean that it is untradible.

Date: 2009-04-29 21:56:40
I'm glad I'm sticking to FR/LG, Ru/Sa/Em. There's too many things going on these days with the new games. Plus D/P/Pl, doesn't have that Pokemon feel to it anymore. I know there are codes for Platinum in the US, but in Japan, I don't know. They did create the games, so I guess they got codes, before others have. We don't get Platinum until May the 22nd. It's like I said, some codes, can mess up a game if it's for the wrong version. Say like you tried Pokemon Emerald codes, on Ruby/Sapphire, it wouldn't work or it might, and you'd get a decamark/bag egg that is far too unstable. It's like with me and Japanese Crystal, where I tried English codes, and all I got was endless text on a screen until my game crashed. So, this PAR Mew, or like Missing, said could be a cause, but if the code's are from Japan, and it might not work so well on an US-version copy of the game.

Date: 2009-04-29 21:58:13
FYI, there are almost allways codes for game in the first few days it's out.

Date: 2009-04-29 22:02:21
Here is a prime example of what Mutou Yami just said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fQjz_0YcDw&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

I entered a code that in the US version of the game, makes a hidden music Track play constantly. However when I entered it into the Japanese version this shit happened.