Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Which Pokémon should get evolutions/baby forms? - Page 1

Which Pokémon should get evolutions/baby forms?

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-06-29 14:15:33
Yea, I think some Pokémon should get evolutions or baby forms…

* Tauros/Miltank - put an end to the "you can get a Tauros from a Miltank egg" rumour already, just have a baby form that will evolve into either of these Pokémon depending on gender
* Skarmory - This Pokémon should have either a baby form or evolution (or both?) because I always thought it should have gotten either since Ru/Sa…
* Kangaskhan - Why no baby form for Kangaskhan yet? It seems logical that there should be a baby form of Kangaskhan…
* Sandshrew - This Pokémon could use a baby evolution, because I always considered it a counterpart to Pikachu (don't know why… maybe because Pikachu and Sandshrew were both mouse-like?)
* Farfetch'd - why no evolution for this yet? I'd like to see an evolution for Farfetch'd, because that would help improve its stats…
* Dunsparce - needs an evolution (maybe into a Ground-type or something?)
* Pachirisu - should get an evolution in the fifth generation, preferably by Thunder Stone (come on, the Thunder Stone is only used on first-generation Pokémon, AFAIK…)
* Pinsir - why did Scyther get an evolution, but not Pinsir? -_-
* Luvdisc - I've been speculating an evolution for this Pokémon since early in the third generation…

Any other Pokémon that you think could use an evolution or baby form? ^_^

Re: Which Pokémon should get evolutions/baby forms?

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-06-29 15:03:16
Lickitung- The baby would be cute.
Meowth- Yeah…
Skitty- Baby Pokemon that, if male, evolves into a different Pokemon.

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-06-29 16:24:34

Meowth- Yeah…
Skitty- Baby Pokemon that, if male, evolves into a different Pokemon.

…That, if female, evolves into Skitty, and, if male, evolves into Meowth…

Tangela:  Needs a pre-evo that shows what the actual Pokemon looks like.

Stantler:  Needs a fawn pre-evo and a female counterpart

Bibarel:  Needs a new evolution so people will stop HM slaving it.

Shrromish:  Alternate evo that's more…mushroom- like

Eeevee:  Needs a Dragon-type evo

To go along with Kangaskhid:  A male version of Kangaskhan

Heracross:  A tank? Literally?

I can't think of anything else currently

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-06-30 20:34:36
Relicanth - An alternate blue color, but much more ubiquitous than the shiny form. Realism, you know.
Nosepass - If it gets an evolution, it gets a pre-evolution too.
Spinda - Perhaps an evolution that appears to be a normal panda, not a red panda.
Plusle/Minun - A neutrally charged pokemon you get by breeding the two.
Illumise/Volbeat - Similar concept; you get a sort of mix.
Zangoose/Seviper (yes, you can do that) - These duos are evolutionary gold (but if only Lunatone and Solrock could breed!) A poisonous, fanged mongoose-like scaly mammal could emerge. Who knows?
Shuckle - Like Skarmory, any sort of evolutionary line was abandoned (but Game Freak has been beating the terrapin concept on the head since R/B/Y, so maybe it's not such a great idea.)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-06-30 20:59:36

Realism

Pok?mon

wat

On an on-topic note, Unown, because it sucks, and legendary/plot-relevant Pok?mon shouldn't suck.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-30 23:31:21
Granbull- Needs to have a female-male evo line. A female boxer/bulldog thing seems weird.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-07-02 01:48:11
Mawille - The games need more steel types.
Lapras - Really? No baby yet?
Solrock/Lunatone - It could be some sort of star, or a planet.
Kangaskhan - I always thought it was weird that female kangaskhan were hatched mothers. Male kangaskhan are also born mothers. So please, vote yes to prop -76.222^ and add Joeykhan.

And on a sarcastic note:

'Lil Missingno.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-07-02 08:17:22

Granbull- Needs to have a female-male evo line. A female boxer/bulldog thing seems weird.

They made fun of that in the first Mystery Dungeons.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-07-03 21:11:18
One of these Pokemon generations, Nintendo is probably going to come out with Legendary evolutions and 4th stage Pokemon. The "level X" cards of the TCG are already sort of like that with level X's of the final Sinnoh starter evolutions. But I don't mind that in the TCG, I guess its logical to have a "leveling up" sort of thing.

I really don't know what sort of evolutions/babies I would like, they could come out with something silly like a baby Bidoof that is extremely pathetic compared to a Magikarp or something. They will probably have evolutions/ babies for whatever Pokemon does not already have one like Pachirisu and Spiritomb ect.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-29 13:06:21
Dunsparce could evolve into some golden python thing whilst at some kind of stone in a pyramid in the fifth generation.

Ditto and Smeargle could have some nice evolutions, Ditto definitely because its not bulky enough to survive usually after using transform smeargle's evolution could be like Mr Mime some kind of psychic pokemon that paints its attacks. Ditto's evolution could resemble Mr Blobby or Mr Jelly  :D

Sudowoodo could have an evolution perhaps, Nintendo made Yanmega Mamoswine etc so it would be along the same idea and could evolve while holding some kind of rare berry which could make it a generic tree.

Delibird is dying for an evolution and prevolution because it is hardly used and can't stand more than one or two hits most of the time, you could trade him with some sort of sack to evolve him into a stark pokemon.

Fearow could evolve into some base 255 speed pokemon when it has at least 200 speed EVs to increase its diving capabilities, Persian could also evolve into some kind of cheeta this way with 250 base speed

Date: 2009-07-29 14:07:14
A more commonly overlooked evolution is Delcatty.
It should have a male-female evolution line because a frilly, purple, male cat thing would just seem to weird.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-30 09:12:55
Sableye needs an evolution probably into something resembling gengar with arms and the gems for eyes and 4kids can be sure not to make that 'Arbok evolves into Seviper' mistake again which has almost turned into a meme by making a prevolution of Seviper.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-07-30 17:32:00
Shuckle - Bug/Steel anyone? (Of course, it'd be 4x weak to Fire, but still…)
Zangoose - a baby form for this, along with an evolution, would be another great idea (they did that with Roselia ^_^)
Doduo - A single-headed baby form? I'm fine with that…
Electrode - why did Magneton get an evolution, but not Electrode? (if they do, please make it more Defense-based than Speed-based or something…)
Jynx - maybe this could use an evolution too… both Electabuzz and Magmar have one already, so why not Jynx?
Lapras - come on, this Pok?mon could've used a baby form since G/S… (I think one of the scrapped Pok?mon for G/S was a baby Lapras, actually o_O)
Girafarig - maybe a Psychic/Dark for its evolution, and plain Normal if it has a baby form

Date: 2009-08-02 13:58:13
I hereby do propose a baby form for Zangoose and Seviper, a baby doesn't just come out with giant sharp claws, you know.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-08-28 13:46:23

Bibarel:  Needs a new evolution so people will stop HM slaving it.

well we've gotta HM-slave something !!