Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Too much damn pokemon - Page 2

Re: Too much damn pokemon

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-13 12:16:38
It'll take ME even longer to figure out what they are.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-07-13 12:25:32
All you have to do is go to Pokemon Elite 2000 site, they have all the DP list of Pokemon, and what they look like.

Date: 2009-07-13 12:29:57
Or I can just completely forget they made a diamond and pearl.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-07-13 13:30:43
The thing that irritates me the most about the new D/P pokemon is the sheer number of legendaries. There are at least 14 (counting the Manaphy and Lucario breeding lines). Even R/S didn't have that many. It's making legendaries far too commonplace. And yes, the whole Arceus thing is ridiculous. I don't know how they're going to top the "God" pokemon. On the other hand, I really wish they would stop bashing the old preset types of pokemon you can get at the beginning of the game. No, we don't want any pseudo-rodents, nor normal/flying types, or even caterpillars that evolve in minutes. Some new types (dragon, anyone?) would be much more interesting. Finally, all the new moves are difficult to keep track of. I can play my Japanese Emerald just as well as my English version, but I'm hesitant to start my Japanese Pearl because I don't recognize the moves or the animations. Nevertheless, I'm forced to admit that D/P/Pt were pretty well done.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-13 19:16:24

And yes, the whole Arceus thing is ridiculous. I don't know how they're going to top the "God" pokemon.

There's a good chance that they actually won't, due to two reasons:
1. The fanbase whines about it a lot, and as evidenced by HGSS's creation, Game Freak listens to the fanbase.
2. Junichi Masuda stated in some interview somewhere that each generation had a theme, and DPPt's theme was power, which may have been the reason for having all the weird and wonderful legendaries.
(inb4 IIMarkus claims HGSS is all about money and not fanservice)

Date: 2009-07-14 11:26:34

And yes, the whole Arceus thing is ridiculous. I don't know how they're going to top the "God" pokemon.

(inb4 IIMarkus claims HGSS is all about money and not fanservice)

It isn't?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-14 13:14:50
HGSS will be awesome.

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2009-07-15 04:44:10
My main problem with the number of pokemon is that it doesn't make sense that the characters arent familiar with pokemon outside of their region. Its like they never went to any amount of school or learned their animals. Honestly it amazes me that some of the charactersare even literate. Of course this assumes that pokemon take the place of regular animals and are not some esoteric group of beings known only to trainers. It also assumes that a people with the technology present in the show/games have communication with each other over region boundaries.
but still… learn your animals…

Date: 2009-07-15 08:01:06
One, question non topic related. Who the hell are you FooBot?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-15 08:10:17
He's FooBot. Duh.
On topic: While I happen to enjoy DPPt, a friend of mine who recently bought Diamond has noticed an interesting point: A lot of Pokemon require swarming or the PokeRadar in order to find them in the wild. Platinum fixes this to an extent, though.

Date: 2009-07-15 08:15:45
?????? WHO THE FUCK IS FOOBOT?
I didn't see him this whole damn summer, what the fuck?
It's like putting Pit In Brawl, nobody knows who the fuck he is.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-15 10:29:55

My main problem with the number of pokemon is that it doesn't make sense that the characters arent familiar with pokemon outside of their region. Its like they never went to any amount of school or learned their animals. Honestly it amazes me that some of the charactersare even literate. Of course this assumes that pokemon take the place of regular animals and are not some esoteric group of beings known only to trainers. It also assumes that a people with the technology present in the show/games have communication with each other over region boundaries.
but still… learn your animals…

HOLY CRAP FOOBOT'S BACK!

Date: 2009-07-15 10:30:59
I stand corrected…..

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-07-15 12:35:30
I…Barely remember Foobot from my Lurking days. Just barely.

Back on topic though, I can't help but wonder what they'll do next generation. Will they make a lawn mover pokemon? Who knows. *shrugs*

Date: 2009-07-15 13:06:20
*mower*

WHY AM [size=7][font=arial]I[/font][/size]
Flamed for mispell?

And yes they have already made a lawn mower pokemon, it's called Rotom or something like that