Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

4kids mistake 'That's right trainers Arbok evolves into Seviper' - Page 1

4kids mistake 'That's right trainers Arbok evolves into Seviper'

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-30 09:17:20
Has anybody else payed attention to this error? Perhaps 4kids need to verify with Nintendo more before making such errors live.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cwDNk9ZvJ0[/youtube]

Re: 4kids mistake 'That's right trainers Arbok evolves into Seviper'

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-07-30 09:22:13
Boy, was that a dumb mistake.
This proves, however, that Seviper should have an evolution, yet he does not.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-30 09:37:49

If you mean there's some 5th generation pokemon that evolves into Seviper that's a good theory, Nintendo could have probably had a sprite of the prevolution but changed it into Arbok to not spoil the surprise before turning it into a video, and then 4kids could have made the mistake. They probably have a program like that which requires sprites etc seperately and to turn it into an AVI.

But it could be much simpler than that, 4kids probably looked at the list of pokemon and decided which pokemon evolve themselves excluding the legendaries but there are still some pokemon with only one stage like smeargle and seviper so maybe they guessed it was most likely that arbok did evolve into seviper can't see them making smeargle evolve into zangoose though.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-07-30 10:01:55
Get ready for Tombstoner to say something.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-30 12:01:51
Just goes to show, 4kids doesn't play video games.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-07-30 13:34:35
If you chose Arbok, you were- WROOOONG!! XD

Also with what was said with "Take em' down" at the end  I'd just like to say:

"Nooo, one can ever take them down
the power lies on their Sieyeieide!"

Sorry, I just had to put those song lyrics in there for lulz.XD

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-30 14:14:12
This went in my favorites.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-07-30 14:24:28

If you mean there's some 5th generation pokemon that evolves into Seviper that's a good theory, Nintendo could have probably had a sprite of the prevolution but changed it into Arbok to not spoil the surprise before turning it into a video, and then 4kids could have made the mistake. They probably have a program like that which requires sprites etc seperately and to turn it into an AVI.

But it could be much simpler than that, 4kids probably looked at the list of pokemon and decided which pokemon evolve themselves excluding the legendaries but there are still some pokemon with only one stage like smeargle and seviper so maybe they guessed it was most likely that arbok did evolve into seviper can't see them making smeargle evolve into zangoose though.

Or even simpler, they're just dumb. At the very least Seviper and Arbok look similar, though. If you don't play the games it's an honest mistake, but since at least one person there probably does, it's probably just a really stupid (albeit hilarious) mistake.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-07-30 14:59:43
LOL I made a couple videos making fun of that…like using the "mother****ing plane" joke. Don't have to watch them of course.

Date: 2009-07-30 15:02:00

Get ready for Tombstoner to say something.

LOL I made a couple videos making fun of that…like using the "mother****ing plane" joke. Don't have to watch them of course.

I called that.

Date: 2009-07-30 21:17:42
I think there is another episode with a mistake in it. Also, sometimes during the first season's poke rap, Geodude would appear where Graveler should be with Graveler's name underneath. It only seems to be in the earlier episodes though. Actually its is every other time they get to that part of the Poke rap.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-07-31 07:06:57

I think there is another episode with a mistake in it. Also, sometimes during the first season's poke rap, Geodude would appear where Graveler should be with Graveler's name underneath. It only seems to be in the earlier episodes though. Actually its is every other time they get to that part of the Poke rap.
Not to mention Jessie and James called a Scyther an Alakazam in he first movie.

Date: 2009-07-31 09:26:50

This may be a translation error.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-31 09:52:12
No, it was 4Kids being stupid. They admitted it in the DVD commentary although they apparently decided to keep it in because it's the kind of mistake TR would make.

Date: 2009-07-31 10:56:52

This may be a translation error.

That was very dumb to say unless you really didn't know. 4Kids doesn't translate anything. They use ADR (Audio Dialect Replacement). This means that the voice actors make up lines in order to match the characters lip movements on screen. Therefore, the dialog is NOTHING like the that of the Japanese version's lines and most the time it isn't even close. Plus 4Kids has the habit of deleting all references to Japanese culture out of the show.
There was even an anime where they removed the word "MILK" in english off of a milk carton for no reason. When asked about this the person who did this had nothing to say for his odd and stupid edit. I know this because a friend read about it. Stupidity at its finest. (Not you Brocco Guy, 4Kids