Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Mew to be released on HG/SS - Page 1

Mew to be released on HG/SS

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-28 19:27:26
I was reading Serebii articles, and on the front page, I saw an article about an event about a Mew being given away over Wi-Fi in Japan. This is bound to come to the U.S., making a previously unobtainable Pokemon now obtainable easily, once it comes to the U.S. The Mew will be at Level 5 and will have a Premier Ribbon attached. The Mew will have no special moves, but will come in a Cherish Ball. Which leaves the question, with Celebi being the only non-obtainable modern-gen Pokemon, will Nintendo release and event for Celebi as well? I personally can;t wait to get my hands on a Mew, much more a Celebi.

Re: Mew to be released on HG/SS

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-28 19:36:04
You know what really annoys me? They keep releasing all the legendary event pokemon with Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Darkness Force (or whatever Giratina's signature move is called.), and one of the owner's signature moves. I don't know why but the move combination is retarded.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-28 19:38:43
I wouldn't be surprised if they released everything from Celebi to Jirachi over Wi-Fi. Not that I really care; I obtained a pair of Mews at a Toys R Us event last September.

You know what really annoys me? They keep releasing all the legendary event pokemon with Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Darkness Force (or whatever Giratina's signature move is called.), and one of the owner's signature moves. I don't know why but the move combination is retarded.

Overpowered and silly, more like it. I agree.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-10-28 19:46:39
What bugs me is that I don't think they have anything like that here in England, but if they do, neither of my parents can drive and nor can I, so what's the point of that? Sooner or later a trick to getting Mew//Celebii will be found like there is for R/B/Y to get Mew will be found and it'll save such a hassle.

Date: 2009-10-29 17:45:59
I've got an Action Replay DS. If that doesn't cut it though I use my Gameshark SP and Migrate the legendaries I need over.

I'm a rare and legendary pokemon collector and now offcially own all of them from each generation on my Pearl version. I did have all 386 on my Leafgreen version but it froze during saving one day so I lost all my save data. Its been having issues saving and other things ever since displaying messages like "the 2Mb sub circuit board is damaged and you will be unable to save". However you actually can save though occasionally saving fails and sometimes the town graphics become garbled and look weird on occasions when the save file is started up.

I used a Gameshark SP on it a lot so maybe the connector was damaged from being pulled out and put back in so much.

Date: 2009-10-29 18:18:10
Why would anyone want to keep doing that plus I'd rather earn my legendaries, by going after 'em and capturing them in Pokeballs to prove that it can be done. I've caught all legendends, (minus a few on my original Diamond) by Pokeballs. When HGSS gets released out here, I'm buying them and going to no doubt find a trick to get Celebii, there gotta be one without the risk of a cheat device.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-29 18:19:51

Why would anyone want to keep doing that plus I'd rather earn my legendaries, by going after 'em and capturing them in Pokeballs to prove that it can be done. I've caught all legendends, (minus a few on my original Diamond) by Pokeballs. When HGSS gets released out here, I'm buying them and going to no doubt find a trick to get Celebii, there gotta be one without the risk of a cheat device.

Yes. When using a Gameshark, you don't get the same satisfaction of completing your Pokedex whereas is you actually did it, it would be a celebration.

Date: 2009-10-29 18:47:44
On my Red, it took me a few Pokeballs to get Mewtwo, I got the sod in the end, after it kept braking out, then ugh fun and games with big boy - Dialga. It took me an hour to get him on my original Diamond, but that went walk abouts and I never found it. I'll only use a cheat device for glitches, nothing else.

Date: 2009-10-29 18:58:30

Yes. When using a Gameshark, you don't get the same satisfaction of completing your Pokedex whereas is you actually did it, it would be a celebration.

Actually back when I had my Leafgreen a large majority of the pokemon were obtained in trades and caught in the wild withou cheating. Aside from a few pokemon that I wanted but didn't own Colosseum at the time and Hoenn Legendaries due to me not owning a hoenn game, I filled about 85% of my pokedex honestly. The last few pokemon were all hoenn pokemon. there were about 18 pokemon I needed to complete my pokedex and I was running short of patience because I had spent five years collecting, trading , and cheating and it all came down to these last 18. So I didn't cheat to get all of them on my Leafgreen. Just some of them.

Some legendary pokemon (Namely Mew and Deoxys) I used a very special Gameshark SP code that made anything I could interact with by pressing the A button into a wild pokemon event battle with these two pokemon.

As a result I got their unique battle music and since the game reads them as an event wild pokemon and not a pokemon obtained with a WPM code it bypasses the obedience lock that would normally be there if I would have used the WPM. Its actually a pretty cool code. All I have to do is press SELECT + A and then the legendary's cry plays and a battle starts.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-29 19:14:07

Absolutely right. I have much more pride in my Pokemon Pinball R/S Pokedex (196/201; just missing Groudon, Latios, and the Treecko evo line) than my AR'd full Diamond Pokedex. Still, with event Pokemon like Celebi and Jirachi, it's extremely tempting to cheat them due to unavailability. But now with the GTS, those can be obtained legally from people who have (presumably) cloned them in Emerald after going to the events. Nevertheless, it's great that there will be more Wi-Fi giveaways for people who can't find them over the GTS or want to obtain them themselves. I wouldn't mind a level 5 Mew ^_^

Date: 2009-10-29 20:39:04
I actually have seen 250 pokemon on my Silver version and have 240. I'm just missing a few generation 1 pokemon and Celebi. I've got Celebi on my Crystal version now but I got a real one with a Wild Pokemon modifier code with the GBC Gameshark I recently got. I also got a Low level Lugia and Ho-Oh (I already caught both normally.) So I could have them know their signature moves. (for those of you who didn't know Lugia and Ho-oh Started out with Aeroblast and Sacred Fire in Generation 2. This was Switched with Whirlwind in Generation 3 and onwards which means the get their siganature moves at level 77. Whirlwind is way to useless of a move to learn at that high of a level anyway.

Date: 2009-10-29 21:56:08
Wow, Wa, talk about working hard. I've never cheated for my Pokemon over the years. I used codes for Infinite Money, as I use Colosseum and my Ruby for Trading/Breeding (mainly), and I use my original FR Mewtwo to raise my Pokemon, as I have a plan where I get to the Battle Tower on Emerald, I'm going to use different teams and strategies, where Whirlwind is just a shit move no matter what, but with me I know how to counter my weakness and blast 'em with power. I use use that Double Team or anything if it was useful in the anime, I'd use but it sucks in the game and isn't worth anything mainly when a Pokemon can get around the increased evasions then that foe is fucked then. Sure I'll never get a Deoxys, but that won't stop be use my Emerald ROM to get one. I mean I haven't found how to get Mew on FR/LG yet, and I can't get Deoxys, but I don't have a AR/GS, so cheats is out of my leage and I wouldn't use them only for money, and more TMs to boost my team. If I can just find away to get Ho-Oh Colosseum, I'll be happy.

Date: 2009-10-29 23:29:43
The only uber cheats i really use are Super EXP gain cheats. Mainly because certain species are annoyingly difficult to raise.

In Pearl I pretty much walked through walls for the whole game. I hate the fact that RPGs tend to have at least one or two rough spots where you get stuck. I'm not going to walk through walls on Platinum though.

Oh btw are there actually two different versions of the US Platinum? The reason why I ask is because AR codes work on my Platinum version but don't work on my cousin's It says unknown game when I try to load his Platinum on my AR.

Date: 2009-10-30 02:09:13
That's strange, because when my friend gave me this code to encounter a Decamark, on Emerald (ROM), I'd get something totally different - a Bad Egg, with the Pokerus virus. You sure his version is US and not a copy of Europe's, since when I tried English codes on a Japanese Crystal my game would glitch up and freeze.

Date: 2009-10-30 17:02:31
He got it here in the US so I don't think so. Also, legendary pokemon events just proove how big of elitists bastards Nintendo really are.