Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Crystal Unable To Save - Page 1

Crystal Unable To Save

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-08 20:28:00
Okay, a few 5 mintues ago I just found my long-lost Crystal and the data is still alive. Right, now I just started a new game on my late brother's Crystal, I started again, then I saved, turned off the game, and the data is gone. No joke, all I'm getting is New Game, Options. Either when I had that [TIME IS NOT SET], message at the bottom of the screen, and saying the data was courrpted have anything to do with this. I can't scan my SP's screen becaue I don't know where my parents put my Printer-Scanner, and the USB Port wire, but I got spares somewhere in my tiny bedroom. I'm either facing the day that mine or my brother's Crystal will fail and it seems like my brother's has. I don't have his Gold nor Silver, as he threw them away after the data was suddenly gone, and now Crystal can't seem to keep data, so does this mean the battery has failed (is loads the game fine, but no data exists), or would it be an old side-effect from when he used too many codes?

Re: Crystal Unable To Save

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-08 20:42:01
I don't know what exactly is going on with your Crystal, except for the fact that this happened to my Blue. No corruption message, no nothin'- just total ignorance to the fact that you saved from the game. The game pak in question also scrambled my Transfer Pak for a while, too. My brother and I call that the evil Blue.

Try at least blowing into the game pak (pervs, stop laughing  :P). I saved my brother's Silver version from what we thought was certain death (we thought that the same thing was happening that happened to the Blue) by just blowing into it.

Date: 2009-12-08 20:45:45
Now I'm getting total oddness. It saved this time, but it now shows:

Continue
New Game
Optoins
Mystery Gift

[TIME NOT SET]

I'm not using my N64, just my GBA SP.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-08 21:15:30
Dead battery, of course.  If you can solder, find a suitable replacement and exchange them.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-08 21:29:16

Dead battery, of course.  If you can solder, find a suitable replacement and exchange them.

QFT.

Or you might be able to find somebody to do it for you.  For the right price of course.

Date: 2009-12-08 21:31:30
I keep telling people I'm in England, and prices here are different. Let me set up my printer in the lounge because my CD is missing, and my PC doesn't have my printer on it because it died, and was wiped. When I get my printer set up, I'll scan my SP screen for some who don't believe me.

Edit:

Okay, the first picture didn't come out well, but here's the second, and it's not easy scaning something like this.

[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/PokemonCrystal.png[/img]

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-08 23:07:27
Yeah, that's what happened to my Silver.  :'(
It's a dead battery. It won't let me use my file, and when I made a new one and saved, wouldn't let me use it from the main menu.
As for Gold, it says on status when I press continue
Time: ?????
and tells me I need to reset the time.

Date: 2009-12-08 23:10:24
Shit. I don't know how long I've had my GSC, but I think my Gold's next, but it seems fine but what I don't know what happened when my game suddenly went off, and my data was gone. I was raising a Slowking too. I've had Yellow since it's release date, GS my 13th birthday, and Crystal (mine), not sure. Shame my brother's Crystal's fucked I wanted to test things but unable to.

Date: 2009-12-08 23:26:30
I forgot to mention, that my Blue literally deleted itself.
I went to play it, no Continue.
I could save and continue from there, which is when I started with the 3 different Missingno. and the Mew Glitches.

Date: 2009-12-08 23:47:25
How'd that happen? All my original Red's HoF would always be ruined.

Date: 2009-12-08 23:54:13

How'd that happen? All my original Red's HoF would always be ruined.

I don't know.
It may have something to do with the  many Missingno. and 'M I caught….

Date: 2009-12-09 00:02:23
I used do the same, but not sure what killed my original Blue. I was wondering how do you reset the time on the game? If I can reset it, maybe I can get into my saved data.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-09 11:02:38

I keep telling people I'm in England, and prices here are different.

Still, you should be able to find somebody to do it for < £ 20.

Date: 2009-12-09 12:01:06
What's the point repairing an old game when I'm getting my hands on HGSS in Spring 2010 next year? I just wanted to get into the data to see how it reacts to codes, but keeps crashing at the moment. Last night the time was still set after I had started again, but data was "corrupted", so I checked it again after I went to get some sleep and my data was gone.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-09 12:30:41
You know, I could, I'd kill my Silver and Crystal versions' internal clocks just so I could play my fucking game a little longer.

I'm less than 6 Pokemon away from a complete Pokedex in my silver version incidentally.