Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Crystal Unable To Save - Page 2

Re: Crystal Unable To Save

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-09 13:18:55
I can play the game, but if I save, the data will become "corrupted", and I won't be able to continue.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-10 15:18:07
That isn't internal battery fail. Something on the inside is messed up.

Date: 2009-12-10 16:45:20
It's strange, that when I save, turn off, I can can go back to what I was doing, but if I save again, turn off and back on, it'll say Continue, New Game, Options, Mystery Gift, time is set, but save data is corrupted.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-12-12 05:12:51
Odd. Maybe it's not the save battery, and somehting to do with the ROM ?

Date: 2009-12-12 11:48:02
I'm not using a ROM, I'm using the cartridge. It can save, and I can continue the data, but after a while, the data can't continue - courrpted data. I can't use my Explorer cheat cartridge, both Crystals seem to freeze, when it's turned on, and when I turn it off, it's fine.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-12-12 17:35:28
no i mean the ROM chip inside the cart ..

Date: 2009-12-12 17:55:05
My Crystal is just as old as my brothers, but I'm still sure it was because he used too many codes.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-13 12:53:15

My Crystal is just as old as my brothers, but I'm still sure it was because he used too many codes.

It could just be an internal failure because of age and possibly not being taken care of properly. Dropping a cart onto a hard surface can pretty much hurt it in so many ways. Getting it crushed by something can also.

I know my silver version has issues with crashing. That's another reason why I don't play it a lot anymore as it can be unstable at times. Its most likely because I've damaged it somehow. Its went through some really tough shit. Its even gone through the rare Mail Glitch twice.

Date: 2009-12-13 14:28:23
Mail glitch? My brother always looked after his games, he'd keep them in a small unit, that had his TV on, but the table was very stable, and strong, and he looked after them, he never dropped them. I dropped my Yellow once as I was kicking Koga shitless, my GBC slipped out of my hands and landed on my foot and has been a little screwy since (no doubt due to age, because I've had the game since it was relased in Europe), but has been stable ever since I caught the Yellow MissingNo.

Date: 2009-12-13 21:35:10

Mail glitch?

http://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Glitch_mail

Gary coined it but I don't think the name accurately portrays it as the mail is only a side effect.

Also its covered a little on trsrockin: http://trsrockin.com/trainerhouse.html

Date: 2009-12-13 23:13:11
I've heard about it but thought it was just rumors.

Date: 2009-12-14 09:16:33
No. Believe me, its real.

Date: 2009-12-14 12:02:37
I was reading about that, and it sounds just weird. of my brother's Crystal was a bit more stable, I'd research about the mail glitch, but it barely allows me to continue if I do save.