Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have WEIRD Pokemon! - Page 1

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have WEIRD Pokemon!

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-28 23:18:11
They are so different from the RBY and GSC Pokemon, even RSE Pokemon!

Do you think this too?

Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have WEIRD Pokemon!

Posted by: Lishy
Date: 2006-09-28 23:26:18
Yep.The movesets are good though.The peungin starter is cool but they are focusing to much on making non legendarys cute!

And the scorpian pokemon looks like somthing u would see in robopon 1!!!!!!!!!(robopon sun/star version)

We need pokemon cool as the anounced legenary's!

and cut down the pre evolved forms >_>
Pokemon isnt to tempt kids to have sex

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-09-29 08:39:40
You are right.I think pokemon is starting to lose its little glitchy/cute-but-evil/randomness
charm..

Date: 2006-09-29 11:10:16
The only way I can describe the Pokemon every generation is that they get more mutated each generation. :P

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-29 12:13:12
They frankly look like Digimon (remember those, they are naff and confusing)
I don't like them except the Pearl legendary thing!

Date: 2006-09-29 19:48:55
nahhh starters are supostue be cute :P
and those are baby forms ::)!!

infact now that 4kids arent helping with the games anymore(g/s/c,r/s,/fr/lg now sickens me)
It wont be as gay =P

Will the scorpian pokemonn get transform?honestly the movesets are good!

Date: 2006-09-29 19:58:23
4Kids never helped with the games. Pokemon DP won't be really different.

Date: 2006-09-29 22:26:17

4Kids never helped with the games. Pokemon DP won't be really different.

It needs alot of replay value and length..

Lets hope nintendo takes advantage of the capacity and uses instead of adding uber duper graphics and

And actually 4kids sponsered(is that the rigth word?)/advirtised pokemon =)It sais somthing like that here http://www.animecauldron.com/ygouncensored/greatsaiyaman7772.html

It has alot of 4kids info on how bad they are.its technicly a HUGE reply to 4kids after a guy getting a response from 4kids being crappy.Heh 4kids got dissed!

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-09-29 22:44:16
I think the guys are simply running out of ideas/creativity.  They'll end up like Capcom, having their creativity commiting scuicide. :-\

Date: 2006-09-29 23:40:01

I think the guys are simply running out of ideas/creativity.  They'll end up like Capcom, having their creativity commiting scuicide. :-\

They just need to start deleting pokemon and do 180.And before they do they that need to do one more spin off b4 the generation that will throw away all the other pokemon that they make a pokemon fighting game.U run around clearing stages like u do in ssbm's adventure mode and thiers boss battles! but its different pphysics and systsems then ssbm.

Now about different physics and bosses.
Bosses should be unplayable pokemon such as ubers and give them a hunk of chunk of lot of hp but a tiny bit above average stats.And physics and some differences then ssbm adventure mode,well ur attacks are set before u do a level.U dont learn 4 attacks and keep em.U learn as much as you want but u can only equip 4 at once!And the phyiscs are to fit a game that is simaler to ssbm aventure mode but it is a pokemon spin off.The selectable charactors are limited!But there could be hidden ones such as mew,maril,togepi,jigglypuff,clefairy and sneasil.
It would be on the nds with wifi to do races or battles.Also unlike ssbm u dont get knocked off the screen.It keeps traditional hp!And different pokemon have different stats.One can be offensive but slow such as larvitar and others such as pikachu are fast but not strong.Some are tanks like squirtle and some are well balanced all around like mudkip!
enough about bosses,systems,players etc.
Enemeys can get in your way.They are low level but they come in large packs.its quantity over quality!Some attacks can be hard to dodge if u need to dodge more then one so enemeys and obstacles can really cuase trouble!

I really wish they made a spin-off like that!^^^^

Posted by: m
Date: 2007-02-24 14:05:50
tch yeah i mean come on  A BREEDING LEDGENDARY?!? (manafi) thats just…just….stupid…. that ppl will make fione clones over and over again!! plus i also like the aruseus cry and the egg hatching counter thing i like pearl

i have a japan pearl already but i cant read any of it!!! :'(

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2007-03-11 13:33:21
A friend of mine's going to Japan and is going to get me a japanese game like Ruby or Sapphire, because I've played all the way through and I can recognize pokemon by the pictures. The legendaries look cool. And there's tons of them. Oh, and I will catch EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE LEGENDARIES WITHOUT CHEATS!!!! I've done it before with my Sapphire, I can do it again with D/P.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-04-29 19:04:03
to most of the people on this page: ARE YOU GUYS NUTS!!???????  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o the Diamond and Pearl pokemon are AWESOME!!!! i mean, yeah the starters are cute but SO WHAT????? the evolved forms are cool and tough looking! yes, i know they make a lot of Pokemon, they have 493, but hey, thats what they do! besides, that pretty small compared to the number of species of animals in our world. i also think its interesting the new evolution methods (some you tran at a certain area and some you use one of the new stones), with every game there are better graphics, new features, new Pokemon, and all kinds of other new fun (not to mention worldwide wi-fi stuff ;D)!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-06-09 09:56:39
I partly agrre with Bluelatios.

But some of the pokemon do look werid. :o :o :o

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-06-30 23:33:40

The only way I can describe the Pokemon every generation is that they get more mutated each generation. :P

Thn they start looking ike Abwayax.
Seriously,too much people dislike/hate newer Pokemon.And I don't like it.