Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have WEIRD Pokemon! - Page 2

Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have WEIRD Pokemon!

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-07-01 19:23:02

to most of the people on this page: ARE YOU GUYS NUTS!!???????  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o the Diamond and Pearl pokemon are AWESOME!!!! i mean, yeah the starters are cute but SO WHAT????? the evolved forms are cool and tough looking! yes, i know they make a lot of Pokemon, they have 493, but hey, thats what they do! besides, that pretty small compared to the number of species of animals in our world. i also think its interesting the new evolution methods (some you tran at a certain area and some you use one of the new stones), with every game there are better graphics, new features, new Pokemon, and all kinds of other new fun (not to mention worldwide wi-fi stuff ;D)!

AGREED!

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2007-07-01 22:03:52
Personally, they don't look that bad. Just different, and I suppose some people are having trouble getting used to it.

By the way, is it just me, or does Garchomp look like a bipedal Sharpedo…

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-07-02 00:22:20
It's prolly just you.

Date: 2007-07-02 23:05:11
No, it is not me. The stars on both Pokemons' heads are nearly identical, along with the blue, yellow, and red on each Pokemon are exact. Both have a marine-like appearance, and more specutively, they both resemble sharks.

Please leave your bad attitude at the door for your next post, Comrade Blitzer. Don Watermeleon hast not the time to deal with such a petulant figure as yourself. 

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-03 10:05:54
You have a very stern tone with others. Whether thyself is in the armed forces is not needed here.
And talking about yourself in third person.
(Though, some of these fellows need to be whipped into shape. OK. Keep it up "Comrade")

Back on topic. Their inspiration seems to be digimon, or another-mon. It doesn't feel like Pokemon.

Date: 2007-07-03 11:28:03
Well, truly, I am only stern with those who I deem are in necessity of said stern-ness. Blitzer, I'm afraid, appears to hold a malevolent distaste towards me, and such I do not admire. Don Watermleon himself is merely a pawn controlled by me, who logs into him daily, and I chose his make up to be somewhat military; based mainly on Nazism to be exact. And third-person referrals are always enjoyable.

And also on topic: I someone agree, they don't look like most Pokemon. But maybe, I'm just having trouble getting used to them.

Date: 2007-07-03 15:30:38
(I thought Nazism was a bad thing, frowned upon by many a person)

Though, some were not pleased with 3rd Generation Pokemon, but they are mostly accepted thesedays.

Date: 2007-07-03 16:18:51
(I see no reason why Nazism is a bad thing. It is frowned upon mainly by those jealous of their glorious principles)

I somewhat like the design of the legendaries for the 4th generation. Though I'd like to see a giant, badass Pokemon larger than a Wailord and heavier than a Groudon, which has flames coming out of their entire body, and giant fangs dripping with poison. And the only way to find it would be to zOMG fuse together Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza together! And then that Pokemon would be lv 6107! And it had a move that would automatically kill all of your opponents Pokemon! And that move never misses! And by kill, I mean actually kill them so you could never use them again!

Yes, that would indeed be a somewhat enjoyable Pokemon to use. But the likeliness of it ever being created would be somewhat low.

Date: 2007-07-03 16:26:43
(well as long as you are nice, that is all that matters.)

It isn't the badass Pokemon that I dislike, it is the ones that are soooo out there, the should have never have been thought about.
That Beaver is one of them. And I am not sure if I approve of breedable legendaries. In this world, that wouldn't be legendary, that would be on the WWF enviromental endangered list. Bred in captivity to stop another Dodo event.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-07-03 20:04:12
well TECHNICALLY Legendary Pokemon should be able to breed. otherwise they would not be born and would have gone extinct. in the anime, there was an episode with a baby Lugia. but anyways, you cannot get a Manaphy by breeding it, you only get a Phione and the only reason Manaphy is legendary is because there are few of them and it is the only Pokemon that can access the Temple of the sea (from a pokemon movie). and as for Lucario, it is only Sir Aaron's Lucario that is legendary for being able to see the aura (living essense) in things. not to mention gym leader Maylene has a Lucario…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-03 20:18:09
They shouldn't be able to breed because then there would just be more and more legendary's until a legendary pokemons' population would be equal the amount of a regular pokemons' population making them more rare until they are not legendary any more!

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2007-07-04 02:59:04
Well either way, they should be able to breed with peopl*bricked*

really?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-01 12:50:16
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have WEIRD Pokemon!

I bet a lot of you would say the same about RS when they just came out.