Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

What was your first shiny? - Page 1

What was your first shiny?

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2010-06-10 15:11:48
I ran into my first shiny guys. It's a diarrhea colored onyx. XD But man, I was so excited! lol I caught it and everything and now it collects dust in a random box where I totally ignore it. Now I patiently await running into a shiny of a pokemon I want.

So, guys…What was your first shiny? Hopefully, it was better than mine, unless you absolutely love nasty colored onyx…Then…uh…I hope you catch one…I guess. lol

Re: What was your first shiny?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-06-10 15:36:38

I ran into my first shiny guys. It's a diarrhea colored onyx. XD But man, I was so excited! lol I caught it and everything and now it collects dust in a random box where I totally ignore it. Now I patiently await running into a shiny of a pokemon I want.

So, guys…What was your first shiny? Hopefully, it was better than mine, unless you absolutely love nasty colored onyx…Then…uh…I hope you catch one…I guess. lol

Was that just recently? If so, congratulations! Not including the Red Gyarados, I remember mine was in late 2004 or so, after Pokémon Firered came out in Europe. It was a shiny Yanma which I just ran into by chance in Sevault Canyon, I didn't have any Pokémon that could weaken it without fainting the Yanma so I had to throw some Ultra Balls at it whilst it was at full health (I had about 15 or so) and hope for some luck, I had about 6 balls or so left when I then captured it. When the news about Pokémon Diamond and Pearl came and the 'mini-sprites' of each Pokémon got leaked it was then I trained that same Yanma to about level 75 or so until eventually sending it to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Unfortunately, the Yanma was of a Lonely nature so it wasn't so good for use in competitive battling. It was also at a time when I was too hesitant to EV train, so it isn't that good, I'm sometimes really lucky with hypnosis though.

Prior to that, I ran into a Shiny Poliwag in late 2002 but I was quite nooby then and didn't realise how rare Shiny Pokémon were. I defeated it, thinking that I would get a (hypothetical) Blue Scale lol.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2010-06-10 16:31:45
My first shiny was in the Battle Frontier. It was a Magmar.

I did find a shiny in the wild though, in Iron Island. It was a Graveler. Unfortunately, I had Riley with me, so it was a double battle, making it uncatchable.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-10 18:26:51
The first shiny other than Gyarados I encountered was Quagsire in Silver. It ran away before I could catch it….:'(

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-06-10 18:50:44
I've never CAUGHT a real shiny but I have hacked ones on my games.
I've gotten the shiny gyarados thats it XD

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-06-13 11:39:24
A Tentacool in FireRed. Good thing I transferred it to Pearl before my FireRed was stolen.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-06-13 11:59:09
A Mareep in Gold.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-13 12:04:51
Yeah, I suck.
The only shinies I got were hacked, the Gyarados, and the Pichu…. :P

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2010-06-13 14:26:42
Wooper in Silver.

Looked ugly when it became a Quagsire.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-06-13 16:37:12
Lol, scary coincidence with Torchickens. My first shiny was a shiny Poliwag too! It was in Crystal version near Mt.Silver. It wasn't a different color, just some sparkles, but I caught it! My Crystal save is permanently damaged though, since I was a N00B *smacks head* and USED A FREAK'N GAMESHARK to do some codes. Never ever ever ever x googolplex use a gameshark outside of emulation! *sigh* With that aside, I saw another non-colored shiny in FireRed, this time a Pidgeotto close to Fuchia city. It used whirlwind before I could get it though O_o! I have not seen any other non-event shinies since.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2010-06-13 18:43:14
Purple Wurmple in Sapphire (I don't have it any more, my sapphire got stolen)

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-06-13 18:53:18
Why has everyones games gotten stolen…? Oh my.
Hopefully I can get a shiny in HG. With my luck who knows.
Actually I think in 4th grade I think my friend stole my Ruby Version :|

Posted by: Taichi
Date: 2010-06-13 19:54:48
My first shiny was a Chinchou (i think thats the spelling) The bad news is that it was burned in a fire, stupid brother, but i was able to get another and i still have one on each of my games along with the red garyados.

Posted by: Naitekiakki
Date: 2010-06-13 21:24:37
[size=1]I've never encountered a legit shiny yet. My friend hacked me a Shiny Ninetales before and I got a hacked Shiny Charmander from the GTS.
I'm still waiting for my fateful wild encounter. But, I gave my friend a Gible and he hatched another shiny Gible from it while trying to get the right nature.
So I decided to start hatching Vulpix's in an attempt at a legit shiny Ninetales. <3 I've gotten way over 6 boxes and just started releasing them as they hatched.[/size]

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2010-06-13 21:34:12
Other than the Red Gyarados, my first shiny was a Shiny elekid in  one of the second gen games, from that egg the day-care couple gices you.  I never trained it though….