Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

What was your first shiny? - Page 2

Re: What was your first shiny?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-06-14 01:38:06
My first shiny IIRC was a Golbat I caught in Victory Cave on Pokemon Sapphire. I forgot what happened to it.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-06-14 08:30:24
My first? Shiny Wingull, at around 2 AM on February 14, 2005 on Ruby. Trained it to a Pelipper Lv.77 in no time (sadly I didn't know about EV training at the time), then left it sitting there for years.
I also have a shiny Raticate on Silver, a shiny Electabuzz from the GTS, and a hacked shiny Dialga from the GTS (Brocco Guy hacked whatever the dude wanted and then traded it to me).

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2010-06-14 09:38:57
Everybody is getting games stolen! I've caught the red gyrados too. But anyone can get it, so it doesn't feel as special as it should. Poor shiny gyrados. It's just not as special as it should be. XD My brother ran into his first shiny the other day. It was a tentacruel. I laughed. It was just as lame as my onyx (which would be cooler if I could actually evovle the darn thing). I told him to use some move against it, and he didn't. He chose a more powerful move and KO'd it. Then he got mad at me because it was my fault he didn't catch it because I was hovering over his shoulder. *Sighs* But it seems like in SS and HG the shiny pokemon are easier to run into than in the others seeing as me and my bro each found one, so hopefully anyone with the game has a good bit of luck and finds something better than the pokemon you get sick of running into. XD

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2010-06-16 15:37:30
Shiny Tauros in Crystal… in fact, I think I still have it… =D

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-06-20 18:29:54
My first shiny was a Red Gyarados I caught at level 30 in Gold

nah… Seriously

I have encountered by pure luc a shiny murkow at night in at the grass (right of Celadon City) but I don't remember the level

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-27 20:35:31
I ran into a Shiny Drowzee at level 12 in the route north of Goldenrod City…This was in HeartGold. The time was 2:44 P.M., and I was getting bored of finding something interesting to catch. Then, BAM!, pink Drowzee appears. Just so happens I had plenty of Great Balls on hand, or else I might not have it now.

Posted by: krutomisi
Date: 2010-06-28 11:23:12
My first on was a zubat, which was cool until

[img]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrssh065.gif[/img]

second was a shiny ditto, and it stays shiny when transformed

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-28 13:07:41

My first on was a zubat, which was cool until

[img]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrssh065.gif[/img]

second was a shiny ditto, and it stays shiny when transformed

I've never had a shiny Ditto, so what you're saying is, when it transforms, it becomes the shiny of the Pokemon it transforms? Cool.

Posted by: krutomisi
Date: 2010-06-28 15:16:09
Yep, it transforms into a shiny version of whatever it's transforming into

It is a tad bit off color like ditto always is, but it's still cool 

[img]http://forums.glitchcity.info/Smileys/classic/cool.gif[/img]

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-28 16:09:21

Purple Wurmple in Sapphire (I don't have it any more, my sapphire got stolen)

My God, it's a Purmple Wurmple! *shotgunned*

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2010-07-26 06:26:06
Mine was a Zigzagoon.  It's now a Linoone in my Heartgold.  Of course, I can't tell which of my shiny Linoone was that particular Zigzagoon, I have four of them, you see.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-08-09 15:01:16
I encountered a shiny Unown (S) … in my friend's Diamond. When I yelled at him "OMG! SHINY UNOWN!" he immediantly snatched the DS and caught it himself. It then went into the Unown box and stayed there. At least I caught all of the Unowns for him.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2010-08-09 15:47:13
My first shiny besides the Red Gyarados? Well, I'd have to say a Silver Tentacool. But I don't even know if I really saw that. I just remember being really… loopy @.@

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-08-09 20:14:59
Shiny Ralts in Emerald, raised it to a Lv63(ish) Gardevoir (F) named, quite imaginatively, Sana.  Then my Emerald went through the washer and, assuming it was ruined, I threw it away.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-08-10 00:04:59

Shiny Ralts in Emerald, raised it to a Lv63(ish) Gardevoir (F) named, quite imaginatively, Sana.  Then my Emerald went through the washer and, assuming it was ruined, I threw it away.

GBA games actually are quite capable of surviving the washer. Too bad that happened :/